Sponsored by:

Unmarked Impreza STI!

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2006, 04:38 PM
Bing_2004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Unmarked Impreza STI!

Travelling on A1 today I spotted somone pulled over by an unmarked Police car. No less than a brand new Impreza STI. It was Blue with gold alloys. Has anyone else seen this?
The only way you could tell it was a police car was the blue lights hidden behind the grill.
I could imagine a lot of boy racers thinking they'd try and race it and getting a big shock!
Old 23 January 2006, 04:41 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

That's what their hoping. Why solve crime, when you can create it

Cheers for the heads up. I'm from North East and probably would have been a victim.
Old 23 January 2006, 04:47 PM
Bing_2004
Scooby Regular

Forgot to mention it was in Harrogate area (North Yorkshire)
Old 23 January 2006, 04:51 PM
shippy
Scooby Regular

Thats typical, Humberside and Yorkshire police, spending our money on subarus, and when you need them they are not bothered
Old 23 January 2006, 04:52 PM
danr
Scooby Newbie

there are 2 in sussex i am told a blue and a silver i was also informed that the police regements were allowd to keep them based on the results they achieved with them !!!
Old 23 January 2006, 06:21 PM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

I was told about this one today too by the GF's sister as she travelled down from Sunderland
Old 23 January 2006, 06:46 PM
RobHardy
Scooby Regular

wouldnt like to be chased by a unmaked scoob! to much hard work lol
Old 23 January 2006, 07:16 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

I've seen it.......in a lay-by after puling someone over.

I've also seen a grey WRX unmarked car. That was on the A19 near The Tontine. Saw the police in it.
Old 23 January 2006, 07:25 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

I wonder if the pigs would flash at other Scoobies!!!
Old 23 January 2006, 07:31 PM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

Per Annum - That must cost £30K for the car (service/maint/leasing/calibration/extra fittings), £30K for the fuel, £30K per man ( X2), £10K misc expenses...

To break even they need to issue 6 £60 fixed penalty notices a day...

OR SIMPLY JUST

provoke 130 guys into doing 120mph in a 70 which more or less guarantee's them getting a £1000 fine!!!

Last edited by flynnstudio; 24 January 2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 23 January 2006, 07:40 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bing_2004
Great, another one to try and catch us , we past one in Thirsk the other week, not unmarked though, silver classic wrx with lights on roof and luminous stickers all over, we nearly flippin flashed him til last minute we clicked on, he did have a grin on his face though, unless he was thinking of pulling us that is Will have to watch out for that one in Harrogate then seeing as we go that way most of the time.
Old 23 January 2006, 07:57 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Erm you are assuming that the police get the money from the fines, which they dont. Although you may see them as a bad thing, they have other uses other than traffic, such as allowing officers to get to an accident quickly, or allowing them to follow serious crims say after a bank robbery etc.

I never heard anyone complaining about the HEMS / LAS who have scoobies but as soon as the BiB roll out some decent cars they get shot down.
Old 23 January 2006, 08:18 PM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

I will certainly give a wave if I pass a police scoob. No probs here mate.
Even if they are not into the SCOOB way of life they must have half a brain to know that the SCOOBY WAVE is a way of everydays business.
Old 23 January 2006, 08:52 PM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
Erm you are assuming that the police get the money from the fines, which they dont. Although you may see them as a bad thing, they have other uses other than traffic, such as allowing officers to get to an accident quickly, or allowing them to follow serious crims say after a bank robbery etc.

I never heard anyone complaining about the HEMS / LAS who have scoobies but as soon as the BiB roll out some decent cars they get shot down.

I don't think the police having scoobies, marked or unmarked, is a problem - I think they should have high performance motors. I also think the police are an essential part of a mature civilisation and they are generally a caring considerate bunch...but I think that an acceptance of deliberate routine deception (and as has been alluded to intimidation/provokation by 'appearance'), entrapment, covert and overt surveillance and automated trial by computer for generally ordinary people needs and warrants open and free discussion...

If that involves potentially erroneous speculation then you need to forgive that as part of a process towards better understanding...
Old 23 January 2006, 09:15 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by flynnstudio
I don't think the police having scoobies, marked or unmarked, is a problem - I think they should have high performance motors. I also think the police are an essential part of a mature civilisation and they are generally a caring considerate bunch...but I think that an acceptance of deliberate routine deception (and as has been alluded to intimidation/provokation by 'appearance'), entrapment, covert and overt surveillance and automated trial by computer for generally ordinary people needs and warrants open and free discussion...

If that involves potentially erroneous speculation then you need to forgive that as part of a process towards better understanding...
Unfortunately on this site the police can be seen to do little right. If they stop you they're hassling you. If you report your car stolen and they don't stop your car they don't do anything. But whats the big deal. Police have had Imprezas since 1997 for goodness sake.
Old 24 January 2006, 07:38 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well....

when my 17 year old daughter was molested by a 62 year old bloke (who I know, and where he lives) it took the police 4 days to speak to her, 9 days to interview him.
It took 3 days to get my speeding summonds.

The only time I ever have called the police in my life was for the above, great service?

My and other's garden sheds were raided, everything petrol driven gone. Got a crime number, nothing else happened.

Speed cameras/turning a blind eye/a sense of 'couldn't be bothered' all leads to a negative to the police in general and a fall in respect to them and the organisation as a whole IMO.

He got off with nothing as it was his word against hers.
If I had paid him a visit I was warned they would 'do' me for whatever happened as it would be pre-meditated.

for fathers out there with children, I think you know how I feel.

As to unmarked Sti's etc , so what? Boy racing on highways is **** poor, and you should do a 'Risk Assessment' before you change down, and press the right hand pedal hard.

Reserve it for a track, I do.

Graham.

Last edited by 911; 24 January 2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 24 January 2006, 09:22 AM
filfy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephen Pope
I wonder if the pigs would flash at other Scoobies!!!
They do I flashed and waved to a police scoob ( stickerd up) and he did the same back I was well chuffed that he flashed his head lights and not his blue ones
Old 24 January 2006, 09:30 AM
danr
Scooby Newbie

one of my friends mothers died (unfortunatly about six months ago) but he decided to treat himself to a bmw m3 so he had the toy for about a week and was on the A24 bieng goaded or tailgated (please bear in mind that this tale is second or third hand atleast) by a blue sti with tints, when he gave it some stick blues and twos went on three points lucky lad.
Old 24 January 2006, 10:32 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Gotta laugh at this thread, if you ever want confirmation that the site is full of boy racers, then point them to this thread.

You don't HAVE to race every car that comes up behind you.

As for being a 'victim', LOL, how pathetic. You break the law and then claim to be a victim. What are you on?

If they are tailgating, then leave them to it, slow down gradually until they get the message that you're not racing. Easy, simple, safer and what's more, NO speeding fines!

The police may or may not be driving badly, trying to entice you into racing etc. but that's their problem. Doesn't mean you have to fall for it hook, line and sinker. As 911 above says, do a risk assessment before flooring it.
Old 24 January 2006, 10:34 AM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

North Yorkshire Police love their scoobys

they've had prodrive tuned ones since about '98

i seem to recall its basically a WRX STI PPP with a few other bits like sump guards etc.. to help with hard driving. And guys, dont be pathetic about it

every traffic police force in the country has cars designed to chase the joy riders with. Lets face it, if they go joy riding in an impreza, what you gonna catch it with ? your standard 1.6 Focus plod car ? even the "rapid response" 2.0 mondeos driven by the normal police (not traffic) will have a hard time keeping up. They need something fast

Leicestershire Traffic police have a silver Mondeo ST220, and a fleet of Octavia VRS' and Volvo T5s ( both 0-60 in about 7 secs), other forces use Mitsubishi Evos

there was even a police Lotus Esprit !

after all, if some twoccer nicks your scooby and they find it using your tracker

exactly what do you expect them to chase it in ? a Focus ?

Last edited by Rob82uk; 24 January 2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 24 January 2006, 10:39 AM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

So one Police force tells a members wife that the Scooby Scoop is ilegal, and another uses them as their cars.. hmmm..
Old 24 January 2006, 11:02 AM
danr
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Gotta laugh at this thread, if you ever want confirmation that the site is full of boy racers, then point them to this thread.

You don't HAVE to race every car that comes up behind you.

As for being a 'victim', LOL, how pathetic. You break the law and then claim to be a victim. What are you on?

If they are tailgating, then leave them to it, slow down gradually until they get the message that you're not racing. Easy, simple, safer and what's more, NO speeding fines!

The police may or may not be driving badly, trying to entice you into racing etc. but that's their problem. Doesn't mean you have to fall for it hook, line and sinker. As 911 above says, do a risk assessment before flooring it.
just passing on an anicdote mate, i do not speed on public highways (often), very irisponsible behavior
Old 24 January 2006, 11:08 AM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZippyLane
So one Police force tells a members wife that the Scooby Scoop is ilegal, and another uses them as their cars.. hmmm..
you cant tar everyone with the same brush

its a bit like saying all porsche owners are pillocks cos you met one who was a real idiot

Just because one police force somewhere in the country has a jobsworth who'd had a bad day and took it out on some1

doesnt mean that the police arent allowed to use imprezas to chase joy riders in.

like i said, what exactly do you expect em to chase your stolen impreza in, a focus ?
Old 24 January 2006, 11:09 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danr
just passing on an anicdote mate, i do not speed on public highways (often), very irisponsible behavior
My post wasn't aimed at you It was aimed at the general SN population that think they have to speed/race whenever someone tailgates them. There's also a certain degree of anti-police feeling on this bbs bay a few people. I think we know what sort of people the anti-police lot are
Old 24 January 2006, 11:09 AM
killa
Scooby Regular

Must look out for this, seems very nice car to have in the force...
Old 24 January 2006, 11:24 AM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

get PPP then you can outrun the *****
Old 24 January 2006, 11:27 AM
danr
Scooby Newbie

Dracoro, thats cool bud, just did not want to present myself as a boy racer thas all! as for police men and women .... everybodys got to earn a living.... someones got to do it.... and if the only way to drive abrand spanking new sti around all day without worrying about the speed limit on lookers or gettin nicked and you get well paid to do it as well as a good package ie retirement is being plod really that bad ???????

It would not suit my life style personally but i do not think its would be a bad life
Old 24 January 2006, 11:45 AM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Travelling on A1 today I spotted somone pulled over by an unmarked Police car. No less than a brand new Impreza STI. It was Blue with gold alloys. Has anyone else seen this?
The only way you could tell it was a police car was the blue lights hidden behind the grill.
I could imagine a lot of boy racers thinking they'd try and race it and getting a big shock!
A fellow Ingleby Barwick resident What car do you have? I'm sure I'll have seen you about... I have a newage WR blue STI with black/chrome wheels and mudflaps.
Old 24 January 2006, 11:56 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

ah ****house. I use them roads all the time. is it an 06 model? bet it is. why get an 05 bargain when you can blow our money on a flash 06
Old 24 January 2006, 01:00 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
I don't think that Bing's original thread was a warning for Boy racers. I'm not a boy racer. What I do do though is drive 90-95mph on a motorway when it's perfectly safe to do so. If it wasn't, I wouldn't do it.

To see another STI on the same road as me, I wouldn't naturally slow down thinking it was an unmarked police car. Now though, thanks to Bing, I'll keep my eye's peeled for an unmarked STi, and take appropriate action so I don't get 3 points.

Save it for the track ???????? I live in the north east mate, we have croft, that's it. Secondly, I don't think I want to put my pride & joy on the track. Driving above the speed limit does not make me a Boy racer. Seems the Governments "Speed Kills" message is working on you. You should join the Governments new "pace Drivers" scheme. Keep us all safe.

Quick Reply: Unmarked Impreza STI!