Sponsored by:

Motorpoint uk

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2006, 08:23 PM
drive87
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Motorpoint uk

Whilst shopping around for a new car I noticed I can make a considerable saving by buying at Motorpoint, up to 4 grand on some models!
I'm looking at Discoverys' and X5s'. I've also tried Broadspeed etc but they are not even close!

I realise these cars are possibly imports but in most cases better spec. Does anyone know the position with warranty, servicing and insurance on these cars?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers
drive87
Old 15 January 2006, 01:30 AM
Mjb1957
Scooby Regular

Default import

I have an import bought from Virgin cars and saved myself 5k .
There is still a concern about the warranty supplied with my car because International Motors are being differcult about honouring warranties.
Insurance for me was not a problem . £480 for a year £370 excess .
1st 1000 mile oil change you will have to pay on average £140 depending where you live in the country , as i live in the south east I was charged the above amount ( £140) The major service will cost approx £440 ( cam belt change) . I have been told that a 10000 mile service will cost me £220.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by drive87
Whilst shopping around for a new car I noticed I can make a considerable saving by buying at Motorpoint, up to 4 grand on some models!
I'm looking at Discoverys' and X5s'. I've also tried Broadspeed etc but they are not even close!

I realise these cars are possibly imports but in most cases better spec. Does anyone know the position with warranty, servicing and insurance on these cars?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers
drive87
Old 15 January 2006, 09:22 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

Mate dunno if you missed it or what but IM have given up and are honouring all the warrentys on scoobys that are parralel imports.
Old 17 January 2006, 12:47 AM
vertew
Scooby Regular

Default Motorpoint Clarifies Subaru Warranty Position

Here's a clarification on the Motorpoint warranty I found on the carpages site (I'm looking for a new STi / Spec D):

Customers that buy new Subaru models from Motorpoint, the UK’s largest car supermarket group, will have their first 12 months warranty package honoured by the company in the event of a legitimate claim.

The statement from Motorpoint follows the announcement by International Motors, importers of Subaru models, that cars sold by a third part seller, in other words a car supermarket, would not be eligible for a warranty claim, even though they have the correctly stamped paperwork.

The Motorpoint offer applies to all Subaru models currently on sale at the company’s four UK locations as well as those sold by Motorpoint in the past 12 months. Motorpoint will also arrange to provide an extended warranty package at a competitive cost on Subaru models purchased at Motorpoint car supermarkets.

“It seems to us that Subaru UK are exploiting a loophole in the EU regulations on the provision of warranties for buyers” said Motorpoint sales director Paul Winfield. “This really works against the best interests of the buyer and we believe in offering our customers the best possible service and so, as a consequence of the action taken by Subaru UK, we will honour the first 12 months warranty on any Subaru car we sell”.
Source is Here

Hope this helps.
andrew.
Old 17 January 2006, 09:09 AM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

^^ He's not talking about Subarus! Discovery / X5
Old 17 January 2006, 09:13 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mjb1957
I have an import bought from Virgin cars and saved myself 5k .
There is still a concern about the warranty supplied with my car because International Motors are being differcult about honouring warranties.
Insurance for me was not a problem . £480 for a year £370 excess .
1st 1000 mile oil change you will have to pay on average £140 depending where you live in the country , as i live in the south east I was charged the above amount ( £140) The major service will cost approx £440 ( cam belt change) . I have been told that a 10000 mile service will cost me £220.
Hope this helps.
**** me, you must be older than pslewis. £480
Old 17 January 2006, 09:33 AM
vertew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko
^^ He's not talking about Subarus! Discovery / X5
Oops you're right - sorry.
Old 11 April 2006, 08:38 PM
motormalt
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by drive87

Any info appreciated.

Cheers
drive87
more like £7000 saving!!

MY06unreg land rover 2.7 Td V6 Se 5dr

UK OTR RRP: £37,040
motorpoint: £29,999