Sponsored by:

Scoob got to go

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2006, 05:57 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Scoob got to go

After the wifes car jacking on thursday my STi has to go . any way been looking what we can replace it with . any body any suggestions? have been looking along the lines of Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, still want abit of go and 4wheel drive. any one had one or something that fits the bill?

Lee
Old 14 January 2006, 06:01 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

What car did your wife have, and more importantly, is she ok?
Old 14 January 2006, 06:08 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
What car did your wife have, and more importantly, is she ok?
sorry m8 it should have read our my02 STi Prodrive, she was in this when she got jacked. she's getting over the shock now but understandably doesn't want the scoob any more.

Lee
Old 14 January 2006, 06:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have got news for you, an Audi 3.0 Quattro will be every bit as much a target as the Scooby ...............

A Skoda Diesel would be less of a risk - and very good cars they are too!

Don't fall into the trap of still wanting a desirable car if you want to avoid car jacking ............. it just doesn't work like that.

Keeping the Scooby is better than buying another fancied car IMO

Glad the wife is better!

Pete
Old 14 January 2006, 06:28 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

Location: somewhere having fun after mapped by jollygreenmonster

got to agrre with him the *******s will have anything.
regards to the wife.
Originally Posted by pslewis
I have got news for you, an Audi 3.0 Quattro will be every bit as much a target as the Scooby ...............

Don't fall into the trap of still wanting a desirable car if you want to avoid car jacking ............. it just doesn't work like that.

Glad the wife is better!

Pete
Old 14 January 2006, 06:35 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Glad the wife is better!

Pete
Thanks.

just thought the audi was a little less noticable than a scoob, a bit more subtle if you like especially de-badged. its bad enough me giving the scoob up, we still want a nice car just not performance looks that are in your face. i think you know what i am trying to say
of the other cars jacked last week ours was the only high powered one, so any car can be at risk from car jacking. don't get me wrong Pete, i would love to keep the scoob but the wife is the main user and she wouldn't enjoy the car like we used to, it would be an ordeal for her everytime she went round the school to pick the kids up.

Lee
Old 14 January 2006, 06:39 PM
RyanWRX13
Scooby Regular

Smile

Evening mate . Would she not consider another Subaru - or is she set against them altogether ?

Cheers Paul.

Trending Topics

Old 14 January 2006, 06:40 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Everytime i here about this happening it make's me mad that some wa**er is making you have to sell your car
Hope the wifes ok
Old 14 January 2006, 06:47 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by codie247
Thanks.

just thought the audi was a little less noticable than a scoob, a bit more subtle if you like especially de-badged. its bad enough me giving the scoob up, we still want a nice car just not performance looks that are in your face. i think you know what i am trying to say
of the other cars jacked last week ours was the only high powered one, so any car can be at risk from car jacking. don't get me wrong Pete, i would love to keep the scoob but the wife is the main user and she wouldn't enjoy the car like we used to, it would be an ordeal for her everytime she went round the school to pick the kids up.

Lee
On the contrary Lee, I can fully understand the situation - it's a pig isn't it?

All I was pointing out is that these gits will take anything - a nice car will be at risk whatever it is.

Another Subaru? Legacy maybe? Forester?

You know how good Subaru's are - better than the German metal these days.

It's a real shame that these scumbags are dictating your life now - you are sufferring and they have completely forgotten about you!

I really do wish you all the best in what you decide to do, it's a very tough call ....................

Pete
Old 14 January 2006, 06:48 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

£300 6 month MOT ford tanks are the way to go
Old 14 January 2006, 07:21 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

just about to cancel the contract hire on my 10 month old scoob after a pretty nasty raid on my house a week a go, 4 ******* grand it is going to cost me!!!

After the raid I dont give a **** about nice / fast cars now, dont even watch tog gear repeats anymore....

Going to order a nice A3 2LTDI with S-LINE PACk for a little bit of glam!

And as for an A3 being as much of a target!, my ****!!!! thiefs want scoobs - FACT!, the cops tell me so and when I informed some local scoob drivers they both told me their cars had been targeted twice over the last 12 months!!. I know which car I would prefer on my drive!
Old 14 January 2006, 07:28 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Smeatser
just about to cancel the contract hire on my 10 month old scoob after a pretty nasty raid on my house a week a go, 4 ******* grand it is going to cost me!!!

After the raid I dont give a **** about nice / fast cars now, dont even watch tog gear repeats anymore....

Going to order a nice A3 2LTDI with S-LINE PACk for a little bit of glam!

And as for an A3 being as much of a target!, my ****!!!! thiefs want scoobs - FACT!, the cops tell me so and when I informed some local scoob drivers they both told me their cars had been targeted twice over the last 12 months!!. I know which car I would prefer on my drive!
You would PREFER an IMPREZA .................. but are too scared, so have a poxy A3 that you hope even scumbags won't want to drive!

I'm not taking the ****, I'm just trying to put it into the real world ....... these scum will take ANYTHING thats an easy target - an easy Impreza will do best, but an easy A3 with Glam will do just as well .................. sorry to say that, but it's true!

Taking my Impreza off me wouldn't look like an easy job, I could well take 2 down with me, so they probably wouldn't try? ...................... an easy target is an easy target, sadly ......

Pete
Old 14 January 2006, 07:34 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RyanWRX13
Evening mate . Would she not consider another Subaru - or is she set against them altogether ?

Cheers Paul.
hi mate, to be honest Paul it was me who had the final say in the matter, you see i am not the main user. i couldn't risk them coming back for a second go with Ali and the kids in the car, probably never happen but i am not willing to gamble on it. we cant afford the scoob to be locked away as a weekend car(already done the sums) so at least for now we will be leaving the marquee but not the scene .

see you later
Lee
Old 14 January 2006, 07:46 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

You would PREFER an IMPREZA .................. but are too scared,
thats probably right Pete in my case, if i am honest. when this happened i posted up in General, on that page was an attempted car jacking of a scoob and a theft of a scoob to commit another car jacking.if some one could stack the evidence, and post it up, for keeping the scoob i would defo read.

Lee
Old 14 January 2006, 07:48 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

You would PREFER an IMPREZA .................. but are too scared, so have a poxy A3 that you hope even scumbags won't want to drive!

I'm not taking the ****, I'm just trying to put it into the real world ....... these scum will take ANYTHING thats an easy target - an easy Impreza will do best, but an easy A3 with Glam will do just as well .................. sorry to say that, but it's true!

Taking my Impreza off me wouldn't look like an easy job, I could well take 2 down with me, so they probably wouldn't try? ...................... an easy target is an easy target, sadly ......

Pete
Pete, I totaly understand what you are saying, however these foookers have scared my wife sh!tless, a full week of sleeping with the light on!, it is that bad!!

I live on a new estate with street lamps and neighbours each side of me and all around. If I had a TDI they would not have tried to nick it...PERIOD!!!!

You go on about taking 2 down with you!!, I take it you have not had a a gang of 4 in your house!...cue the get a shot gun or a german shepherd brigade!

A gang of 4 in a knicked scoob would not agressively break into your house for a slow TDI! or contemplate jacking your missus for it in the middle of town, I am not saying it does not happen but would love to see stats for a scoob v a slow TDI with a bit of body kit!!

GET REAL LADS!!
Old 14 January 2006, 08:06 PM
Buzz Blaber
Scooby Regular

hmmm i hate these threads but need to add this my manager has a company vw bora TDI, (very borring car),i would say that the area he lives in is good, but he has had 3 attempted car jackings in and around his area, its scarey i know but fact,

people will nick anything these days
Old 14 January 2006, 08:09 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/cti2004.pdf

Shows which are low/medium/high risk
Anyone who hasn't the time/ can't be bothered/

Impreza is medium risk. Figures from 2004
Old 14 January 2006, 08:19 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/cti2004.pdf

Shows which are low/medium/high risk
Anyone who hasn't the time/ can't be bothered/

Impreza is medium risk. Figures from 2004
That basicaly says most cars are medium - low risk ? with a 106 zest falling into the same category as a WR1???

It
Old 14 January 2006, 08:47 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You go on about taking 2 down with you!!, I take it you have not had a a gang of 4 in your house!...cue the get a shot gun or a german shepherd brigade!
I didn't mean to come across as any kind of hard nut!!

What I was picturing was 3 teenagers who wanted to chance their arm and pull me out of the car .................. NOT 4 armed criminals who had planned the assault!

I do, however, have a German Shepherd Dog and a gun ............... not sure I would be awake enough or tough enough to do anything even then - but, if the dog was giving it I would also ................................. the wife is no shrinking violet either!!

I would rather give the keys than fight, but with the wife and dog having a go I would look pretty stupid handing the keys over!!

Pete
Old 14 January 2006, 08:55 PM
swtmerce
Scooby Regular

Looking after your own belongings is a sad reality in this day and age. Having not been carjacked (yet?!) I will not back down to scum and I will damn well drive what I like!

And as for the area you live in, the nicer it is, the higher the chance of getting jacked - that's where all the nice cars live!!!! So, what's next? Live in a ****ty area because there's a lower chance of getting burgled? **** the scum, fight on!

Of course, my rant would most probably completely change is I was the one on the receiving end of a carjacking.
Old 14 January 2006, 10:49 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

Originally Posted by codie247
After the wifes car jacking on thursday my STi has to go . any way been looking what we can replace it with . any body any suggestions? have been looking along the lines of Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, still want abit of go and 4wheel drive. any one had one or something that fits the bill?

Lee
Hi Lee,
WOW!!! Im sorry to hear about that!!!!
I bet if u were the main driver they would have thought twice!!!!!

Glad your wife is ok....& its a shame u have to sell the beast
U not consider something less in yr face than the sti.... a new wrx sl??

Still if you do buy audi, bmw, etc.... nice cars are always going to get attention!!

Its a tough one mate - but look on the bright side - she is ok etc...

Chin up!
Old 14 January 2006, 11:05 PM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

That basicaly says most cars are medium - low risk ? with a 106 zest falling into the same category as a WR1???

It
That'd be because there's only been one or 2 WR1's stolen.

Lee, if you do go the A4 route try the diesel, i drove the 3.0 petrol and really wasn't very keen. Also not too sure on the a4's "sports suspension".
Old 15 January 2006, 12:25 AM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ProdriveSTI
Hi Lee,
WOW!!! Im sorry to hear about that!!!!
I bet if u were the main driver they would have thought twice!!!!!

Glad your wife is ok....& its a shame u have to sell the beast
U not consider something less in yr face than the sti.... a new wrx sl??

Still if you do buy audi, bmw, etc.... nice cars are always going to get attention!!

Its a tough one mate - but look on the bright side - she is ok etc...

Chin up!
Mine was only a wrx sl AND A WAGON albeit with PPP but they came after mine pretty agresivley.

The key is security, dont wait for you to say "I wish I had put up that security light or spent 30 notes on some sash jammers!" as I tell you what you love of scoobs soon change when this happens to you!
Old 15 January 2006, 12:51 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I seem to recall a guy being knifed to death over an Audi A3 a couple of years ago in London, ok it was an s3 but even so, most upmarket marques,especially new models are target....dont kid yourself.
You probably only hear about scoobies because of this site.
Anything new ie Audi BMW Porche etc etc etc that can't be hot wired you stand the risk of being burgled/hijacked to get your keys...Not a lot you can do except drive a heap of crap.

Saying that i fully understand your position having been at the front end. God knows what i would do, but without fail my family would come first !
Hopefully i will never have to go through what you have been unlucky enough to have to endure.

[quote=Smeatser]just about to cancel the contract hire on my 10 month old scoob after a pretty nasty raid on my house a week a go, 4 ******* grand it is going to cost me!!!

And as for an A3 being as much of a target!, my ****!!!! thiefs want scoobs - FACT!
Old 15 January 2006, 11:14 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

looking at that informative PDF file,

a Mondeo is just a likely to but targetted as an M5 or an Audi

So, by my understanding - MOST cars a prone to crime - a few more than others
So you may as well be driving anything - coz it's down to luck of the draw.

Hope everything gets sorted

Dan
Old 15 January 2006, 11:36 AM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

I don't think its what car you drive I think its just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I always keep my doors locked but I suppose I still be shaken up if some attempted and failed to jack my car.