Sponsored by:

Finally got a Impreza STI

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2006, 09:50 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got a Impreza STI

Sold my mk3 Astra GSI last saturday morning, so got my full budget. Then went up to Romford this morning and brought a WR Blue STI, 05 model on a 54 plate. Very very pleased with it, but have to wait till Saturday to pick it up, after it has a valet and insurance-cert is sent to the dealer to get the road tax.

It was my first experience of driving one also today, it is a non PPP but still dam fast in pick up, fantastic cars as you all know.

A question though for you, does the I/C spray have a seperate bottle somewhere?, and have I always got to put super unleaded petrol in or will the odd tank of normal unleaded petrol be ok??.

Thanks All
Darren
Old 10 January 2006, 09:56 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DarrenSTI
Sold my mk3 Astra GSI last saturday morning, so got my full budget. Then went up to Romford this morning and brought a WR Blue STI, 05 model on a 54 plate. Very very pleased with it, but have to wait till Saturday to pick it up, after it has a valet and insurance-cert is sent to the dealer to get the road tax.

It was my first experience of driving one also today, it is a non PPP but still dam fast in pick up, fantastic cars as you all know.

A question though for you, does the I/C spray have a seperate bottle somewhere?, and have I always got to put super unleaded petrol in or will the odd tank of normal unleaded petrol be ok??.

Thanks All
Darren
yeah therel be a bottle in the engine bay with i/c written on top of it
put the best fuel u can afford in!!!!
Old 10 January 2006, 10:11 PM
Flash 1
Scooby Regular

IC spray bottle in the boot (right hand side ) you should see it when you open the boot up
Old 10 January 2006, 10:20 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flash 1
IC spray bottle in the boot (right hand side ) you should see it when you open the boot up
ohh sorreee the bottle on classic imprezas is under the hood!
Old 10 January 2006, 11:03 PM
Ministry Maniac
Scooby Regular

You'll soon get use to the power then the modding bug takes a grip......enjoy
Old 11 January 2006, 08:54 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flash 1
No you wont because it is hidden under trim - you have to lift a flap to get to the filler cap
Old 11 January 2006, 09:37 AM
adywrx
Scooby Regular

nice one m8
i bauhgt my self a blaxk wrx on a 03 plate - pickin her up later on today!!!!!!!!!1 im so excited now

good luck tith the car m8
Old 11 January 2006, 09:52 AM
Dave_68
Scooby Regular

Nice one, had my STi for 6 weeks now a really enjoying it.

Have fun

Thanks All
Darren
Old 11 January 2006, 12:36 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Thanks people, Will have a look in the boot then!. As for fuel then I will try and fill up with super/optimax, but it won't hurt the engine if I don't then will it.

"WHY ARE THE DAYS GOING SO SLOW"

Also have you all subcribed to the RACtracker?, dealer said about £125 a year, thinks thats worth doing personally.
Old 11 January 2006, 12:48 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Thanks people, Will have a look in the boot then!. As for fuel then I will try and fill up with super/optimax, but it won't hurt the engine if I don't then will it.

"WHY ARE THE DAYS GOING SO SLOW"

Also have you all subcribed to the RACtracker?, dealer said about £125 a year, thinks thats worth doing personally.
Most insurance companies will stipulate that a tracker is fitted / working on the car and yes the squealer was about right price wise regarding subscriptions.

Regarding fuel, yes the odd tank of "normal" is ok if you cannot find anything else as the ECU will automatically adjust the relevant ignition settings etc. You will notice a difference in performance though and a few people on here tend to recommend keeping the car off boost when running 95 ron unleaded. Use it as a last resort, I have used 1/2 a tank when the fuel shortages were going on in Sept and evrybody was panic buying, but hasten to add I bunged some octane booster in with it to be on the safe side.

Optimax is the stuff and after a couple of tanks if it has been run on anything else such as BP ultimate you should notice improved driveability. I know some members use tesco 99 ron super unleaded and seem to like it, although other members have questioned whether it has the cleaning agents / additives used by Shell and BP.

Enjoy the car and no doubt you will be back soon asking about PPP and other mods once you are used to the stock STI grunt .

GB
Old 11 January 2006, 04:56 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

My insurance didn't require a tracker as part of the policy, but I will still get it logged on with the RAC for more peace of mind!.

Think I will be more than happy with the performance of the car, but what done it for me was the handling, the dealer took me round a very tight round-about at something like 30-40mph, and the car held on fantasticley well. Truely amazing cars these.
Old 11 January 2006, 05:03 PM
NXG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gingerboy
Optimax is the stuff and after a couple of tanks if it has been run on anything else such as BP ultimate you should notice improved driveability. I know some members use tesco 99 ron super unleaded and seem to like it, although other members have questioned whether it has the cleaning agents / additives used by Shell and BP.
GB
There's only 1p a litre difference between Optimax (92.9) and Tesco 99 (91.9) around my way (Northampton) at the moment. My MY03 WRX PPP loves both, but I'll probably stick to Optimax when the mods go on in Feb.
Old 11 January 2006, 05:06 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

Dont have a go in a PPP car either............ you'll be abusing the credit card before you know it
Old 13 January 2006, 08:13 AM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a MY00 Turbo 2000 for nearly three years now,went for a test drive in a MY03 STi the other day and couldn't sign the form fast enough.
This is going to be the longest week of my life
Old 13 January 2006, 08:36 AM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Well done also on your new purchase!, they are rather good aren't they!
One more day to go for me, leaving the house at 7am, not that I'm in a rush to get up the garage you must understand .

Let me know when you get yours then Jimmy Boo.
Old 13 January 2006, 04:46 PM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Darren....good luck for tomorrow you'll be grinning like a loon for days,months,years.....do come on and post your thoughts over the weekend
Old 13 January 2006, 05:21 PM
kechup
Scooby Regular

agree with Jimmy - got my 03 STi with PPP at end of October and i still can't belive its mine, drives so well and still makes me grin like a loon
this is the only i ahve had where i just go out for a drive for the sake of going out for a drive - dry early Sunday mornings are great
Have fun you will enjoy
Old 13 January 2006, 06:23 PM
zoney-WRX
Scooby Regular

i bought a new Sti last sept with the free PPP option and it still makes me smile every time i drive it great fun to drive
enjoy the car
Old 13 January 2006, 06:29 PM
tait33
Scooby Newbie

The odd tank of supermarket 95 RON will do no harm at all, if anything it will keep the ECU on its toes
Old 14 January 2006, 08:50 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Up bright and early this morning like an eager beaver. had such a great day today with the drive home and showing the car off to friends and family, amazing car, so very pleased with it, although it had a valet there were still a few things that weren't up to my standard of cleanleness, so out came the hoover and polish.

Not even going model car racing tomorrow just to go out driving instead, hope its not raining. I'm so over the moon its unbeleiveable, also had a good drink to celeberate and it just fits in the garage too, so all round a superb day.

Jimmy:- you WILL feel the same.
Old 14 January 2006, 09:00 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear you are enjoying it Darren I'm sure you will have a great time with the car. For god's sake don't drive anything with PPP or similair mod as you will soon be spending more of your hard earned!!

Enjoy

GB
Old 14 January 2006, 09:01 PM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by jimmy boo
I've had a MY00 Turbo 2000 for nearly three years now,went for a test drive in a MY03 STi the other day and couldn't sign the form fast enough.
This is going to be the longest week of my life
Made a similair change at the end of last year but my STI has the TSL 333 (330 bhp compared with 303 bhp for the PPP or indeed 265bhp for the standard STI.) It is a wonder I am not in a coffin yet!!! You will love it mate - I was out and abot today and they realy are superb however a word of warning, TAKE IT EASY, they are serious machines and need to be driven with care and respect. You only live once. Best of luck.
Old 15 January 2006, 08:08 AM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Up bright and early this morning like an eager beaver. had such a great day today with the drive home and showing the car off to friends and family, amazing car, so very pleased with it, although it had a valet there were still a few things that weren't up to my standard of cleanleness, so out came the hoover and polish.

Not even going model car racing tomorrow just to go out driving instead, hope its not raining. I'm so over the moon its unbeleiveable, also had a good drink to celeberate and it just fits in the garage too, so all round a superb day.

Jimmy:- you WILL feel the same.
Darren....I'm really pleased that you're really pleased with your scoob,as I have been for the last 2 1/2 years I bet you'll be up first thing this morning.........aherm,if sober...........to go for a blast
As expected this week is really dragging till I get mine on friday but i'm hoping the phone goes earlier to say it's ready but i'm not holding my breath

Do enjoy mate and like Stephen has said take it easy at first and build up to your and your cars limits.........not sure if I have yet meself though

Last edited by jimmy boo; 15 January 2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 15 January 2006, 08:24 AM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StephenPope
Made a similair change at the end of last year but my STI has the TSL 333 (330 bhp compared with 303 bhp for the PPP or indeed 265bhp for the standard STI.) It is a wonder I am not in a coffin yet!!! You will love it mate - I was out and abot today and they realy are superb however a word of warning, TAKE IT EASY, they are serious machines and need to be driven with care and respect. You only live once. Best of luck.
Hey Stephen.......took my new love........erm STi,not Adele........for the test drive over some great empty country roads through Ayrshire the other day and could immediately notice the difference over my MY00 Turbo 2000

It was a bit damp though and bits were covered in stuff from fields.......erm,like mud and **** and stuff so I couldn't open her up properly but it was still more than enough to sign on that dotted line.........again

Cheers Boo
Old 15 January 2006, 08:38 AM
slagmagnet69
Scooby Regular

Any pics?
Old 15 January 2006, 07:07 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, and for sure I WILL take it easy for the next few wekks, just to get to know the car, I mean it has well over 120bhp MORE thanks my Astra did, plus it seems to come in well down the rev range!

I had to laugh though as soon as I picked up the car Saturday morning, I wanted to fill up the car with petrol for the journey home, as I came up to the Shell garage I see the only bay free has a Evo8/9 next to it , thought I was going to have some fistey cuffs, but the bloke just gave us a smile, so kind of like respect to each other, which I thought was very nice, all very new to me.
Then today saw a fellow STI driver going the other way who waved, so gave a wave back, a very nice feeling to have this respect to each other..........long may it continue (I'm sure it will).

Of coarse my Dad wanted a drive today, and of coarse I had to go with him, very different sitting in the passenger sit, enjoyed it though, being thrown back in the set, he enjoyed and said he will ask for one as his next company car (don't think so pops, not with then CO2's).
Old 15 January 2006, 07:36 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Old 15 January 2006, 07:42 PM
grass-hopper
Scooby Regular

very nice mate got one meself

hope you have as much fun as i have with mine
Old 15 January 2006, 09:40 PM
topjimmy
Scooby Regular

I picked up a new 05MY STi from the same dealers as Darren about an hour after he did, I'm loving the difference from my 03 WRX not really the power but just the feeling of precision and solidness compared to the old car.

Due to the parts not being available the car didn't have PPP fitted as ordered but because of a scratch on the C pillar the car will be going back next week to have the kit fitted and the scratch repaired.
Old 15 January 2006, 10:02 PM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Hey Darren
She is a beauty and just like mine except I'll have the double spoke alloys

Is it friday yet........ boohoo

Oh and most other scooby drivers will wave and flash,I do every time though dont allways get the same back.

Recently, driving through Ayr,I passed two Evo's who both waved and returned my flash enthusiastically........it's a respect thing.....they have made their choice and so have we.......we all love our performance cars that are above the boring rep mobiles that clog up our roads so wave and flash to every scooby and evo you pass........it gives me a good feeling when I feel some affinity with a total stranger who shares the same passion for a decent motor

Last edited by jimmy boo; 15 January 2006 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally got a Impreza STI