Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2006, 04:36 PM
Doidge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone

Hello there

I may be in the market for a scooby this year some time, I am currently driving a honda civic type r, but am in need of some turbo power

Im looking to spend anywhere up to £12,000 maybe a bit more, Ive been looking at the P1's as I like the idea of a 2 door rather than the 4 door. Also I think this may be the better option as these seem to hold their value better?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Doidge
Old 01 January 2006, 04:46 PM
Mr Smith P1
Scooby Regular

go for a P1 mate, worth every Penny
Old 01 January 2006, 04:50 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I would go for a newer car. If you go for a P1 make sure it comes with a bullet proof warranty as you may need it around the 50k mark when engines have been know to let go. Do a search and im sure you will find the info you require.
Old 01 January 2006, 04:52 PM
Doidge
Scooby Regular

what do you meen with a bullet proof warrenty? you get a special warrenty with them?
Old 01 January 2006, 04:58 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

You could look at a Type R, they're also 2 door and are stunning if you can find a good one.

Something like this http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=475997

or this http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=464052
Old 01 January 2006, 05:44 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Ideally you should get a car with a Subaru extended warranty to which most potential problems should be covered.
A warranty from a small independant dealer with say a 1k claim limit could be a drop in the ocean if the engine goes.
Subaru warranties can cost in the region of up to 1200 quid for 1 years cover

Originally Posted by Doidge
what do you meen with a bullet proof warrenty? you get a special warrenty with them?
Old 01 January 2006, 06:11 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

I used to have a 5dr Civic 1.8 VTi-S the one that has the I tergra Type R engine and suspension on. The engine was detuned to 170 bhp and the ride softened slighty. Had the for 5 years before I got a bit bored with. Looked about at many different cars to replace it with and so glad I picked the Scoob. I only had about £9k to spend and wanted a good late classic model. I boought a late 2000 UK Classic, 1 owner from new, full Subaru dealer service history and in a the dark mica blue colour. It's such a fun and amazing car to drive, still makes me smile driving it and I've had it 6 months now.
A few things to let you know about, they are a bit thirsty as I get 23mpg from mine but thats mainly around town work. It's important to make sure you've got good tyres and the same at each corner. They are very sensitive to tyre pressures to best to experiment to get pressure to suit your style of driving. Make sure it's got a tracker fitted and if not get one fitted as they are a very desirable car for theives. Also be prepeared to get noticed and get lots of attention as it's the type of car that always turns heads.
There are so many different types of Scoobs out there so all I can say it take on board the advice from people here as they are a good bunch. Hope you find a good car what your looking for and it gives you plenty of fun. Look forward to seeing some pics of your new purchase soon
Old 01 January 2006, 06:35 PM
Doidge
Scooby Regular

First of all- Thanks for all your replies.

Having a tracked fitted wouldnt be a problem, as my dad owns a car audio and security shop so we can do that.

He used to have a mint classic scoob, he had the scoobysport straight through exhaust and the scoobysport ECU upgrade.. His scooby really did shift, so id like something like that for myself, the only classic scoob I would have would be the P1 as its the only one I like.

23mpg isnt that bad really, I get about 20 out of the damn civic, its a thirsty little begger :O

Thanks

Doidge
Old 01 January 2006, 08:26 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SNet Shame you've got your heart set on a classic as I know of a cracking blobeye for sale

CLICKY