Disc/Pad change procedure on Brembo equiped STI

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2005, 04:25 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Disc/Pad change procedure on Brembo equiped STI

Anyone have a procedure etc, or point me in the right direction as to where i can find one?I assume its all pretty straight forward but just wanted to make sure i dont miss anything that needs to be done in a particular order.Cheers
Old 15 December 2005, 05:03 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its easy,Take the cap off the master cylinder and put some cloth around it to catch any spillage,Remove 2 safety pins then knock the pins out that go through the pads out towards the middle of the car. Then remove pads,Two 19mm headed bolts hold the caliper on remove these and remove caliper be careful not to let the caliper dangle on the rubber brake hose. Remove the discs there not bolted on but may need a tap to release them,Refit disc and caliper.Then put one of the old pads in one side of the caliper and use two levers(big screwdrivers) to push the pistons back in the other side and insert new pad then remove the worn pad and lever pistons back on that side and fit new pad.Insert pins through caliper and pads and then fit safety pins. Do exactly the same on the other side of car Then PUMP THE BRAKE PEDAL it will go straight to the floor 3 or 4 times.Once the pedal has firmed up check brake fluid and top up if needed and replace cap. Job done.

As a tip dont fit the pads dry,put some copper slip on the pad back and edges and the pins this will stop squeal BUT be careful not to get it on the pad braking surface. If your fitting new discs then clean the grease of them before fitting with something like jizer,brake or carb cleaner will all do the job
Old 15 December 2005, 05:05 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an excellent reply,

Thanks very much mate thats tip top
Old 15 December 2005, 05:12 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Welcome