Sponsored by:

Why is my car an Tw*t magnet

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2005, 04:58 PM
wrxstiboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is my car an Tw*t magnet

Why when i drive my 03 sti other road users become complete tw*ts?
Kids in daddys saloon overtaking me (like ****) in village 30 limits
Idoit audi and vw drivers who see you coming and have to pull out in front then drive like their **** is on fire in some crap TDI pumping out more black smoke than a burning oil storage depot
And some **** in their S2000 who like the above had to pull out in front of me then driving really too fast for the conditions lost it on at least two corners narrowly avoiding on coming cars,
And my point?
When i drive one of my other cars none of this happens.....
Old 11 December 2005, 05:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audis are the worst I find ... those and VWs ...

And WHY, oh WHY do they think their TDis are such fookin rockets???

Pete
Old 11 December 2005, 05:22 PM
methodman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Audis are the worst I find ... those and VWs ...

And WHY, oh WHY do they think their TDis are such fookin rockets???

Pete
because some of them are!
Old 11 December 2005, 05:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by methodman
What? faster than even my slow Impreza Turbo?????

I think NOT!!

Pete
Old 11 December 2005, 05:30 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Then there's the scoob drivers that HAVE to prove that they think they hav ehte fastes car known to man!

***** are ***** and they drive EVERY sort of car.
Old 11 December 2005, 05:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

use shome imagination - this has been done a 1000 times before.
Old 11 December 2005, 05:36 PM
wrxstiboy
Scooby Newbie

Default ..........

Well sorry for being quite new on here,
Old 11 December 2005, 05:47 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by methodman

They are punchy... but over such a limited range of speed i'd hardly call them rockets.

It's because you've got a big wing basically. Enough people have played Gran Turismo now and so on that they instantly recognize the car. An Impreza STi is not for those who do not want to get noticed from time to time.

I get local boy racers around me in their **** box's driving literally a foot off my back bumper all the time. In a funny kind of way, it's their way of showing the car 'respect'.
Old 11 December 2005, 05:55 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

I've had a few Golf TDI's (all red TDI 150bhp?) which are fairly nippy have a go off the lights before. They go fairly well for what they are but with the Scoob it's no problem out pacing them
Old 11 December 2005, 06:09 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

I've got a mate with a remapped VRs with other support mods (about 180-190bhp), which is the flavour of the month amongst the TDi fans. Currently against my 230bhp WRX (de-cat exhaust and filter) he can keep up behind me between 70mph and 110ish.

However when we get onto the roads with bends and where 30-80mph acceleration counts, he just gets left behind.

Also mine is still awaiting it's remap and then I really would love to see a TDi, bar the hugely expensive 330d's etc keep up even when the odds are stacked in their favour (motorway).

Not saying they are bad cars - but why the owners seem to think they are behind the wheel of a 'sports car' is beyond me.
Old 11 December 2005, 07:13 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I think a lot of wanna-be rally drivers in their regular day-to-day cars see scoobs and think the chav at the wheel [who is either off to a cruise or off to buy the new max power] is surely going to be up for a race, so they try and bait them

Judging by a lot of the "i raced a" theads on here, they probably get what they want most of the time too!
Old 11 December 2005, 07:13 PM
scoobycat
Scooby Regular

know what you mean with the diesels had a few mondeo diesels do what they can just to get in front of you, but the worst i find is the vectras no matter what engine they got happened 3 times yesterday one even went up the inside of traffic in a one lane road (was fairly wide) and cut someone up to get in front of me the other two times they had kids in the car and was desperate to prove they can get where they want quicker than me,well done that man
Old 11 December 2005, 08:00 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by wrxstiboy
Why when i drive my 03 sti other road users become complete tw*ts?
Kids in daddys saloon overtaking me (like ****) in village 30 limits
Idoit audi and vw drivers who see you coming and have to pull out in front then drive like their **** is on fire in some crap TDI pumping out more black smoke than a burning oil storage depot
And some **** in their S2000 who like the above had to pull out in front of me then driving really too fast for the conditions lost it on at least two corners narrowly avoiding on coming cars,
And my point?
When i drive one of my other cars none of this happens.....
You're going to get it all the time I'm afraid mate, it's cause you're driving a performance icon. You have two choices:

a) Race everyone and loose your licence
b) Let em get on with it secure in the knowledge that you have a fast car and nothing to prove.

NS04
Old 12 December 2005, 08:17 AM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

Excellent tread !

I've never noticed it in the UK (probably because scoobs are pretty well known there).

But since my wife currently works in (Northern-)Finland, we are living here for a while and you just cannot imagine what certain @rses would try.

Bear in mind there is 4" of ice and snow on every road for 6 months of the year, the average car is a 1987 Ford Sierra (VAT on cars = 180%) and we drive the only STi in the area...

Every morning my wife queues at a set of traffic lights with lanes merging 100yds after the crossing and EVERY morning she manages to be next to some guy who thinks he needs to race her (in his 2WD Corolla) so she wouldn't jump the queu .

Yesterday, I had a bloke in some pre 85 3-door Sierra going sideways all the way in order to lose me...

Note: Finnish men are extremely macho (and arrogant), especially towards foreigners.

Keep having fun !

10 points for every guy you can get to crash because he's racing you !
Old 12 December 2005, 08:34 AM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

You do get a lot of people baiting you but the diesels is a classic. Do they really think they look good booting it up the road with all that black soot pumping out the back. I felt the need to race these people when i had a diesel or one of my other normal cars but 'mostly' when in my scoob I know and they know that my car would win so i dont bother. Saying that though i tried to bait an Evo v111 yesterday. Dumped the clutch, flew from the junction, checked the mirror.....oh hes still negotiating the junction, oops, felt a bit of a pratt. The fact that he would have totally smoked me aswell if he had tried but it doesnt stop me trying. At least i would have had a reasonable chance, but a diesel?????
Old 12 December 2005, 09:40 AM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Never experienced this personally.

Old 12 December 2005, 09:43 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I think that the driver's seat is particularly magnetic.
Old 12 December 2005, 10:29 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Finnish men are extremely macho (and arrogant), especially towards foreigners.

Keep having fun !
Went over to Levi in Finland a few years ago for a mates wedding. Was the first part of january and the sun never rose. A lovely place, but what seemed like 90 % of the blokes were morons. There was very few local women in the place, so the local blokes (all old/late middle aged) thought they had a free hand in groping the women in our party. You literally had to prize them off the women and they were very very persistant. The joke of ordering 4 Koffs at the bar never got tiresome though
Old 12 December 2005, 11:54 AM
Kael
Scooby Regular

What? faster than even my slow Impreza Turbo?????
My Vectra with 203bhp and 306lb-s torque diesel can keep up with a 'slow Impreza turbo' that is totally standard yes.

But all down to the driver of the car...

Pointless thread!
Old 12 December 2005, 12:30 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Can't say I've ever had the same problem.

Expect the worst from drivers and it wont wind you up.

Bob
Old 12 December 2005, 12:32 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I believe to an extent that your driving manor will determine how others drive around you. When abusing my M3 it seemed that every other driver was trying to **** me off - but when driving sensibly and taking no risks etc - not too slow, but not like a clever *******, I could do a whole journey with no aggravation.

Weird hey ?
Old 12 December 2005, 12:50 PM
andy.downes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
You're going to get it all the time I'm afraid mate, it's cause you're driving a performance icon. You have two choices:

a) Race everyone and loose your licence
b) Let em get on with it secure in the knowledge that you have a fast car and nothing to prove.

NS04
Totally agree with the above.

I don't feel like i have to 'flex my muscules', I know, they know, I know that they know and they know that I know no matter what the circumstances, they will never beat me.

Anyway, when I was a boy racer in a Renault 19 16v (135BHP) I would tell people, 'oh I beat a impreza the other day' - but I know that really in my heart of hearts I knew he wasn't trying!

Luckly I haven't yet been done by one, however I did get beat by a MG ZR......fortunatly for him I had 4 people in the car and a boot/backseat rammed with my holiday luggage.....I still think if I'd carried on (we were upto 110) I would of beat him eventually!! But you know, I like my licence - let the small people have their fun, and let them take the points!

Regards
Andy
Old 12 December 2005, 12:52 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Andy M3
I believe to an extent that your driving manor will determine how others drive around you. When abusing my M3 it seemed that every other driver was trying to **** me off - but when driving sensibly and taking no risks etc - not too slow, but not like a clever *******, I could do a whole journey with no aggravation.

Weird hey ?
Yes, its very much a two way street. Behaviour from other drivers (e.g. overtaking) that may be interpreted as inoffensive when you're in a run-about (i.e. they're in a hurry) may be interpreted as agressive or provocative when you're in a performance car (i.e. they're trying to race me). Fast cars can bring out the worst in others, but they can also bring out the worst in you.

Ns04
Old 12 December 2005, 12:57 PM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Went over to Levi in Finland a few years ago for a mates wedding. Was the first part of january and the sun never rose. A lovely place, but what seemed like 90 % of the blokes were morons. There was very few local women in the place, so the local blokes (all old/late middle aged) thought they had a free hand in groping the women in our party. You literally had to prize them off the women and they were very very persistant. The joke of ordering 4 Koffs at the bar never got tiresome though

Try going out while dating one of their girls then and see you get on... Suppose you're not surprised 1 in 5 Finnish women marries a foreigner. My wife did

What's most hilaric is that those tw@ts find it necessary even to race a woman who's accidently driving her husband's toy to work.

You ever stood next to a woman at the lights and felt the need to race her ?

Ordering 4 Koffs in one go... You got an Amex Black, I assume
Old 12 December 2005, 02:23 PM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kael
My Vectra with 203bhp and 306lb-s torque diesel can keep up with a 'slow Impreza turbo' that is totally standard yes.

But all down to the driver of the car...

Pointless thread!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Unless the driver of the car has his **** out the window with a fookin big rocket up it, dream on. I had a 220bhp / 320lb/ft Audi before and it was no where near as fast as my scoob. Not even close. Only way it is down to the driver in this case is if the scoob driver had just had a heart attack at the wheel.
Old 12 December 2005, 05:53 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

I get so much more respect in my STi than i did in my CTR, hardly anyone seems to tailgate me or try to bait me into racing. In the CTR every Chav and Family guys in Ford Galaxys wanted to give it a go. Guess us Essex lot must know a quick car when we see it and give it a wide berth!
Old 12 December 2005, 06:00 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
Never experienced this personally.

Me neither!
Old 12 December 2005, 08:40 PM
Nick Read
Scooby Regular

Get a wagon and you attract a better-class of tw@t. Seriously.
Old 13 December 2005, 09:50 PM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Good thread. When I was 17 (13 years ago) and I drove a Fiesta 1.1L with what would have now been classed as 'chav' modifications, I would try and 'bam - up' faster cars, not because I thought I was faster but simply was curious as to just how fast they were. I think there is a lot of this if you drive a Scooby.

Also, I think alot depends on how you drive it/ how you look (age etc) as to whether or not people try and race you. To be honest, I do not get many offers (my STI04 has TSL333 which may scare off a few people.)

Finally, if you drive the same roads/ routes (as you do) then chances are the same people do as well (in and out of works etc) and so they will know if you 'p for a race.'

To be honest, ironically I drive much slower than I used to in older crap cars. I think it is just that feling of I know I can beat you if I want to!!!