Sponsored by:

Not much about 06 model

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2005, 10:09 PM
Smatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not much about 06 model

I am quite surprised that I have heard very little about the MY06 STI.
Last year all there was, was snides and swipes about the MY05 being so much better than the MY04 & WR1.
Can I now assume that all those who waited for the 05 with relish, feel a bit p***ed off. With Free PPP & Servicing & now a new look with 2.5l & HID.

Well now you have joined the club. I got botten on a bugeye & an MY04 STI.
Now Subaru UK can stick their new models up their brummy A***s. I won't loose on resale, as I will keep it a bit longer & enhance a little when the warranty has run out.
With a new special edition due next year (to celebrate the dominance of them French T***s) & no PPP until all the 05's have gone ( to loose 10K as you drive away).

I know what I'll do!!!
Old 08 December 2005, 11:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Like you say, I think people are just fed up with the constant model changes which have resulted in dire residuals for Subaru Impreza's now, and people just seem to have lost interest. They arent desirable cars as they once were.

Also the MY06 does look terrible (IMHO) - its as if the Subaru board have found out Subaru's are now very popular with chavs, and made the new model to suit their tastes - chav owners are fitting lexus style rear lights, so the MY06 comes with them as standard...
Old 08 December 2005, 11:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to see the MY06 in the flesh to appreciate it, its acutally very stunning better dare i say it, than the MY03-05 cars
The biggest reason they have not forced the MY06 on us is the stock of MY05's, it happens every year so dont worry about it

Tony
Old 08 December 2005, 11:42 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with tony there, I hated the pictures of the 06 when they were published, looked "odd" to say the least.
Now I have been out in them and had them about the workshop everyday they've grown on me to the point I wish I could afford to buy one (but only a white one strangely?? ) Blue looks, well... too blue to be honest. Perhaps "blue imprezas have had thier day?

Andy
Old 08 December 2005, 11:47 PM
Wannabe
Scooby Regular

Yes im the same chaps,

wasnt sure when the pics came out but i saw the lichfield spec c one at this years MP05, was a black one and looked very nice, sure was a bit tweeked but still the same body etc as the standard car, front bumper looks well meaty!

Sy
Old 09 December 2005, 11:19 AM
Smatt
Scooby Regular

Totally agree. The pickies of the 06 didn;t do it justice. I had a look at the real thing about a month ago & was presently surprised.
Subaru UK can still stick it where the sun dont shine.
Old 09 December 2005, 12:09 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Nice car but like the poster says, and I agree. I won't be getting stung on the MY06. POintless till Subaru do their usual discount policy within 6 months of launch. Ive got fed up of loosing so much money on New Subaru's. May as well stick it on a bonfire and burn it. The residuals are far worse than the car guides claim (And they are poor).

Lifting the import restrictions has in my opionion ruined the marque. Its a shame as the car is so good, but I can't warrant the loss anymore.

Having said that my local dealer has sent all the latest 06 brochures and has rung me offering a test drive in an MY06, which I may just take them up on

Steve
Old 09 December 2005, 09:45 PM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

2006 got a very bad review in AutoExpress this week.

I am driving it next week. Don't hold high hopes. I drove the 2.5 in the US and it has nowhere the same character as the old 2.0 unit.

Take the looks on top and I'd rather take a 2005, save a lot of money and invest that in some good mods.
Old 09 December 2005, 09:57 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fuzz
I have to agree with tony there, I hated the pictures of the 06 when they were published, looked "odd" to say the least.
Now I have been out in them and had them about the workshop everyday they've grown on me to the point I wish I could afford to buy one (but only a white one strangely?? ) Blue looks, well... too blue to be honest. Perhaps "blue imprezas have had thier day?

Andy
Whhooooooaaaahhhh! Steady Fuzz! I'm up your place on the 16th Dec, no need for that kind of talk!!!

(p.s. can you PM me a price for whiteline droplinks, fitted. The normal ones, not the aluminium ones? Ta. )
Old 09 December 2005, 10:19 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Just my opinion on the 06... remember that mine is blue as well
That one certainly hasn't had it's day.... although it might look like it at the moment
http://www.ashlyn.plus.com/projects_stage_2

Andy

Pm in a mo.
Old 09 December 2005, 10:23 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fuzz
Just my opinion on the 06... remember that mine is blue as well
That one certainly hasn't had it's day.... although it might look like it at the moment
http://www.ashlyn.plus.com/projects_stage_2

Andy

Pm in a mo.
Bloody hell!! What are you doing to that?????

Your power to weight ratio must have shot up???