Proper Prepreg Carbon Fibre

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2005, 10:40 PM
trackday addict
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Proper Prepreg Carbon Fibre

Hiya fellas,

I have put a thread on the sidc & b22 & had loads of really great feedback & loads of e-mails which is fantastic.
Have put a link below to the thread on b22 or have a look on sidc for further info.
I've spent months preparing my skyline ready to drag properly next year & couldnt believe the lack of proper pre preg carbon carbon fibre bits like:
A/ Replacement carbon fibre dashs
B/ Carbon fibre doors
C/ Proper pre preg bonnets, boot lids, spoilers etc etc

So thought sod it, have just finished the dash (weighs 2.1kg compared to std dash weight 7.8kgs), doors will be approx 3.7 kgs compared to std 17.8 kgs each (30 kgs weight saving on doors alone !!). It seems that 99% of the carbon out there at the mo is WET LAY carbon which looks pretty but saves no weight at all compared to std.
Have got some guys now willing to lend me bodyparts to make moulds & hopefully will have a full product list & full load of samples to show @ Japfest.
If anyone wants anything or wants to know more please email me @

johndjbradshaw@yahoo.co.uk

Cant stress enough as I'm an **** git when it comes to carbon - all products will be pre preg carbon , autoclave etc - NOT wet lay.
You will see big big weight reductions & the quality will be awesome, laquered or plain finish etc. We have done carbon products for various british superbike teams for years but maybe now is the time to get into cars
In the sidc & b22 link there is a link to the soc showing a pic of the dash just done.

http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...037;p=1#000000

Hope to hear from you fellas & get those scoobies on a diet
Cheers
John