Sponsored by:

Stickered up cars.....

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2005, 02:27 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stickered up cars.....

........particularly those with Cusco emblazened across the side. Are these individuals sponsored by Cusco? Do Cusco pay a small fee for this brand loyalty? What marks the car out as a Cusco car?
Old 04 December 2005, 04:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Nope, just folks tarting up there cars to make 'em look like racing/rally cars. Sticky Stuff on here is one of the top guys for doing this if you're interested
Old 04 December 2005, 05:35 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Nope, just folks tarting up there cars to make 'em look like racing/rally cars.
But surely the sort of people that want to do this sort of thing aren't old enough to drive or own a car?? I mean, putting stickers on cars, ahh bless.
Old 04 December 2005, 06:16 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I'm really struggling with this chaps

Could the owner of this car perhaps put me out of my misery?

Do you receive free Cusco products for advertising the company on here, at sprints, hills climbs etc? If that's the case then cool, I completely see why you'd do that.
Old 04 December 2005, 06:24 PM
Da Booga
Scooby Regular

It's a cheap way of being individual.

I do like certain stickered up cars but think others just look garish or ott.

Live & let live IMHO!

The car you have shown I think does look good
Old 04 December 2005, 07:22 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

makes a change to the Swoosh rally liveries
Old 04 December 2005, 07:34 PM
BVM
Scooby Regular

I am not a fan of 'sticker-charging'. IMO if your not being paid to plaster different compaines logo's on your car why bother? BUT, to each there own, I can appreciate anyones efforts into customizing THEIR car.

edit: just dont put stickers on your car for parts you dont even have!!!!!
Old 04 December 2005, 11:20 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor

Do you receive free Cusco products for advertising the company on here, at sprints, hills climbs etc? If that's the case then cool, I completely see why you'd do that.
Do you get a free Subaru if you have their logo on the back? Do STi tune your car for free if you have STi logos on it?

People do it because they like the look. Same as why some put big spoilers on, or splitters, or paint them pink.

This rates as the second most ridiculous question, just behind "Why've you put a turbo bonnet on your sport?", usually asked my people with an STi spoiler on a UK Turbo...

</rant>
Old 05 December 2005, 12:18 AM
Scooby-doo97
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AndiThompson
Do you get a free Subaru if you have their logo on the back? Do STi tune your car for free if you have STi logos on it?

People do it because they like the look. Same as why some put big spoilers on, or splitters, or paint them pink.

This rates as the second most ridiculous question, just behind "Why've you put a turbo bonnet on your sport?", usually asked my people with an STi spoiler on a UK Turbo...

</rant>
Well said mate
Old 05 December 2005, 12:43 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndiThompson

</rant>
Thanks for explaining this to me Andi, things are a lot clearer now. Perhaps I've read too much Naomi Klein.

Edited to ask: is it similar then to those items of clothing that people wear that have the designers name stamped upon it? I've seen people that have these. Rumour has it that sometimes these aren't even manufactured by the said designer . It's OK though because the wearer believes it looks good and that's the main thing, live and let live .

Last edited by JTaylor; 05 December 2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05 December 2005, 01:06 PM
white knight
Scooby Regular

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...phics05-01.jpg

That's my car you've kindly decided to post up - and the picture was taken by myself.

I fail to understand why somebody wanting to make their car stand out from the crowd a little should cause you "misery". What's so wrong with putting a livery inspired by a genuine JGTC racer on to my car? Apart from the Cusco logo, all the manufacturer's names are stuff I actually have fitted to the car. It's not done for advertising, it's done as a freedom of expression. Do you take issue as well with all the WRC-replicas driving about as well? After all, they've probably never been near a special stage in their lives, but the majority of people know and understand that, and just appreciate the looks, style and good-intentions of being inspired by our rally heros.

You are firmly in the minority I'm afraid, as my car has had nothing but praise and admiration heaped on it since I had the graphics done.

Are you telling me your car is *entirely* standard????? Without even the slightest hint of individuality? I doubt it..........
Old 05 December 2005, 01:37 PM
worbs
Scooby Regular

white night m8 this is exactly the reason me and several other people no longer use sn (i found the link for this thread on another scoob forum )

flamed for being different !!!!!!!

its the same as the poor souls that come on here and ask genuine questions with genuine problems and queries they have and get the sh*t ripped out of them for it, for example question`s on......

vta bov`s
flamer kit`s

i have both fitted to my car, does that make me a CHAV???

some people on here are genuinly helpfull and easy to get along with, but others are just pathetic and really need to get a life,

any way m8 lovely car
Old 05 December 2005, 01:42 PM
BVM
Scooby Regular

I think your car definetely stands out. Couldnt loose it in the car park! But hey its all good Rob, we all know you are too afraid to take me on at the go-kart track. Huh? Well you have to be since we never did get a go-kart meet!!!!!!
Old 05 December 2005, 01:47 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

*Post edited because I can't be arsed to get into another ****ing argument about stickers*

Last edited by Daft Lad; 05 December 2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05 December 2005, 01:57 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Looks Fantastic ! Certainly Stands out
Old 05 December 2005, 01:58 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I've clearly offended some of you with racing car stickers - sorry - I now understand displaying corporate logos represents freedom of expression and individualism.....
Old 05 December 2005, 02:00 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

If its not doing you any harm why do you even care?
Old 05 December 2005, 02:03 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by white knight
Are you telling me your car is *entirely* standard????? Without even the slightest hint of individuality? I doubt it..........
I've left the amber repeaters on which I think helps me stand out
Old 05 December 2005, 02:07 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

I'm all for individuality!! Top job on the graphics , i'm not a fan of the rally decor as in to say i wouldn't don the image, but respect for people who do! The Cusco looks sweet mate
Old 05 December 2005, 02:45 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daft Lad
If its not doing you any harm why do you even care?
I wouldn't go so far to say I care, but I'm certainly intrigued as to what motivates people. As it happens I don't think the car I've highlighted looks bad, in fact it's quite striking. No doubt this was the intention of the people at Cusco when trying to draw attention to their products via sponsorship.

I see that people want to have a racing car look-a-likey, there are probably people that would like a Team Halfords Integra, but I can't help thinking that displaying ones allegiance to a profit making corporation is a bit odd. Imagine pulling up to Halfords in said Honda for some turtle wax and a bulb.

I am very much a libertarian and believe wholeheartedly in freedom of expression and, as such, feel entirely justified in asking a few searching questions.
Old 05 December 2005, 03:05 PM
BVM
Scooby Regular

BAM!

Old 05 December 2005, 03:21 PM
white knight
Scooby Regular

I am very much a libertarian and believe wholeheartedly in freedom of expression and, as such, feel entirely justified in asking a few searching questions.
Well that's fine then mate, if that was your intention then myself and others got the wrong end of the stick with your comments, assuming you were just slagging off the cars. As much as we're free to sticker them up as much as we like, you're free to ask why we do it. As long as we respect each other's positions, it's all good.

My reasoning behind having a Cusco-style livery was that it looked striking, was relatively rare (as far as I know, there's still only single-figure numbers of scoobs in the country with this style on), and actually had some relation to an actual competition car. I used to have some silver and black zig-zag style grpahics, and whilst they were unique to me, lacked a certain impact.

I don't see mine as a rolling advertisement for any of the particular products fitted to my car, certainly not as a lot of those components carry the manufacturers logos embossed on them as standard anyway - tyres, brakes (like Brembo as standard fit on later STI's), exhausts, etc, usually feature some form of logo.
Old 05 December 2005, 06:25 PM
elmo505
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by white knight
That's my car you've kindly decided to post up - and the picture was taken by myself.

I fail to understand why somebody wanting to make their car stand out from the crowd a little should cause you "misery". What's so wrong with putting a livery inspired by a genuine JGTC racer on to my car? Apart from the Cusco logo, all the manufacturer's names are stuff I actually have fitted to the car. It's not done for advertising, it's done as a freedom of expression. Do you take issue as well with all the WRC-replicas driving about as well? After all, they've probably never been near a special stage in their lives, but the majority of people know and understand that, and just appreciate the looks, style and good-intentions of being inspired by our rally heros.

You are firmly in the minority I'm afraid, as my car has had nothing but praise and admiration heaped on it since I had the graphics done.

Love the stickers mate it looks awesome
Old 05 December 2005, 06:33 PM
Dan 2
Scooby Regular

Looks good to me M8...
Old 05 December 2005, 07:39 PM
jimmy wrx
Scooby Regular

Looks class m8

Looks alot better than it did

Old 05 December 2005, 07:40 PM
jimmy wrx
Scooby Regular

Old 05 December 2005, 07:43 PM
trackman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy wrx
Looks class m8

Looks alot better than it did

Sorry, got to disagree. IMO it looks loads better in the first pic (stickerless).
Old 05 December 2005, 08:16 PM
MichaelH
Scooby Regular

Looks much better without the stickers. What WERE you thinking man!!!!

I mean, putting stickers on your scoob! Tut tut.
Old 05 December 2005, 08:18 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I think JimmyWRX may be reffering to Rob's first set of stickers

Old 05 December 2005, 08:20 PM
MichaelH
Scooby Regular

Colgate

Quick Reply: Stickered up cars.....