Wiring for a set of gauges....

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2005, 09:28 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring for a set of gauges....

hi
im planning on getting 3 gauges for my MY98 classic turbo wagon. im wanting to have the gauges on the center of the dash in place of the flip lid thingy. and ways im gonna be using a boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauges and planning on using a sandwich plate for the last two. what im wondering is where can i get a 12v feed from to light them up? im looking at the autogauge brand at mo, cheap and looks pretty trendy. but they have smokes faces and i assume they need a 12v supply all the time when the ignition is on, not just when the lights are on.

any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Rich
Old 28 November 2005, 09:32 PM
Bobcat
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by lightwave693
hi
im planning on getting 3 gauges for my MY98 classic turbo wagon. im wanting to have the gauges on the center of the dash in place of the flip lid thingy. and ways im gonna be using a boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauges and planning on using a sandwich plate for the last two. what im wondering is where can i get a 12v feed from to light them up? im looking at the autogauge brand at mo, cheap and looks pretty trendy. but they have smokes faces and i assume they need a 12v supply all the time when the ignition is on, not just when the lights are on.

any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Rich

All the wires you require are already there behinde the radio
Old 28 November 2005, 10:05 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

done exactly the same recently to my my00 wagon,really easy,though i didnt use the sandwich plate option,had the autogage set up also...as above there are ignition feed wires and light illumination wires behind the center panel that you need to remove to route the boost pipe anyways... although the illunination isnt really needed as they are bright with the ignition on,and turning the lights on is supossed to dim the gauges slightly...but makes little diference on mine