Sponsored by:

Help!!! - Sti 4 Type R - sva?

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2005, 12:56 AM
roelands.co.uk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! - Sti 4 Type R - sva?

Its had me going for ages - how are there so many STi 4 Type R`s and RA`s around, registered, fully UK legal when there isnt an apparent model report available for the car - am i missing something?

Ive got older cars sva`d no problem, so know the process, but Im desparatley trying to get my Type R STI 4 sva`d and registered
Can anyone help, can anyone get my car though the sva test for me, what do i have to do????

p.s and yes ive asked my mate Litchfield about this, hes as unsure as me!
Old 21 November 2005, 08:21 AM
scooby-woo
Scooby Regular

Maby because they where here before the laws changed, just like myne.

Neil
Old 21 November 2005, 08:22 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

they will no doubt have been registered long before the SVA test came about,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 21 November 2005, 09:20 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by roelands.co.uk
Its had me going for ages - how are there so many STi 4 Type R`s and RA`s around, registered, fully UK legal when there isnt an apparent model report available for the car - am i missing something?

Ive got older cars sva`d no problem, so know the process, but Im desparatley trying to get my Type R STI 4 sva`d and registered
Can anyone help, can anyone get my car though the sva test for me, what do i have to do????

p.s and yes ive asked my mate Litchfield about this, hes as unsure as me!
The reason is as follows. The law hasnt actually changed, which the DVLA will confirm. The law is still exactly as it was introduced in 2001 and the same vehicles are still required to comply with it. Whats happened is that an exisiting loop-hole has been closed. The DVLA were aware that virtually everyone was using the loop-hole from the inception of the E-SVA, but it took them an age to finally stop it (ended April 2004). Simply put, certain vehicles were excluded from the E-SVA requirements, the principal one being 'vehicles adapted for disabled use'. In practive punters fitted a simple steering aid to the steering wheel and side-stepped the E-SVA which required a Model Report. The adapted vehicles were only required to take the less stringent SVA test and thats what every Type-R did. When the DVLA finally closed the disabled loop-hole it forced prospective importers to use their intended E-SVA route, but because none of us had EVER done that before, there werent any Model Reports, and as far as Im aware no one has yet put up the money to create one (for any Type-R or any other Classic other than the 48Ds).

Hopefully thats cleared up the confusion.

Simon
Old 22 November 2005, 05:12 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GC8
The reason is as follows. The law hasnt actually changed, which the DVLA will confirm. The law is still exactly as it was introduced in 2001 and the same vehicles are still required to comply with it. Whats happened is that an exisiting loop-hole has been closed. The DVLA were aware that virtually everyone was using the loop-hole from the inception of the E-SVA, but it took them an age to finally stop it (ended April 2004). Simply put, certain vehicles were excluded from the E-SVA requirements, the principal one being 'vehicles adapted for disabled use'. In practive punters fitted a simple steering aid to the steering wheel and side-stepped the E-SVA which required a Model Report. The adapted vehicles were only required to take the less stringent SVA test and thats what every Type-R did. When the DVLA finally closed the disabled loop-hole it forced prospective importers to use their intended E-SVA route, but because none of us had EVER done that before, there werent any Model Reports, and as far as Im aware no one has yet put up the money to create one (for any Type-R or any other Classic other than the 48Ds).

Hopefully thats cleared up the confusion.

Simon
Listen to Simon above. He knows what he's talking about.
I managed to get mine through the SVA test, cause I live in Cyprus and didn't need a model report. I was told by the Department of Transport, that my Type-R will probably be the last one to be imported into the UK.