Sponsored by:

Help a new Member please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2005, 07:35 PM
wedmonds
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a new Member please!!!!

Looking at getting a SUBARU Impreza 2.0 WRX STi, 2003 53 Reg.

Can you just confirm a few things for me:

1) The car has the rear badge STI in pink? I read somewhere that this meant it was an import, is that correct? The Steering wheel also has the same badge but car looks otherwise fine. Badge on front is black.

2)Can you advise on anything i should in particular that i should be checking on this model?

3)Also if anyone is able to give me there opinion on what a SUBARU Impreza 2.0 WRX STi, 2003 53 Reg with 20,000, full service history etc is worth as a rough guide i would appreciate it.
Old 13 November 2005, 07:49 PM
darren...
Scooby Regular

I've seen plenty UK models with pink badges - I'd check the papers with the car - that should show whether it's an import or not...
Old 13 November 2005, 09:23 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

If it's an import it will have a rear wash wipe, square plate brackets, fancy sweeping dials, might not say S U B A R U across the boot, will not say "Type UK" on the intercooler and boot, will be more powerful, may have a different alarm system to the Sigma standard UK fit, might not have an RAC Trackstar, could show "km's" on the instruments and might not be mapped for our fuel so will blow up unless remapped or fuelled correctly (booster).

Should be IRO 15.5k for a private sale, 16-17k if it has been PPP'd or has any other quality mods.