Sponsored by:

mph05

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2005, 10:11 PM
Pedroskate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking mph05

Just got back from mph-05 at the NEC (Sat 12 Nov). Realy impressed with the whole event, shame Subaru didn't have a dedicated display.
However, the opening display in the live arena was a New Age doin donuts.
Even better was the 12:00 display which involve the VXR Astra display going horribly wrong. Russ Swift was in one of the cars, and obviously the choreography went wrong resulting in two Astra Turbos colliding heavily (one then hit a large concrete block which it moved about a metre). The one that hit the concrete looked like a bouncy castle inside (a number of airbags had gone off). No one was hurt, but the cars were hurried away from public view.....shame!
Old 12 November 2005, 10:59 PM
TurboMav
BANNED

what an awesome day it was too. such a wide variety of exotica, carrera gt, aston martins, ferrari's, lambo's but to name a few. I noticed they had a type 20 there, i assume it was Ian's (litchfields) own car? had a personal nmber plate anyway. I saw the 3pm show and clarkson hit a wall although we couldn't see any damage to the car. What a driver Russ Swift is, has such control over the car. The Ascari is on top gear tomorrow should be an interesting watch.
Old 13 November 2005, 04:17 AM
Ministry Maniac
Scooby Regular

The newage that started the show looked a jap import with an exhaust that had an exit underneath the rear door. I saw the accident with the vxr's. I bet he was embarassed about that. Russ is a superb driver but I love to see mistakes like that happen. Clarkson supposedly crashed into a wall at the 12pm show but from my vantage point there looked to be no damage to the car. Tiff Needell was pretty close to the concrete barrier trying to get above 30mph in the ultima gtr. he acheived 36mph btw.

Last edited by Ministry Maniac; 13 November 2005 at 04:36 AM.
Old 18 November 2005, 08:24 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Hi,
I took loads of pics and video at this when I went last Friday. The arena display was good, especially the flying VXR and the holographic apache part at the end.

Check it out here:

NEC MPH05

Frank

Last edited by fastfrank; 18 November 2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 19 November 2005, 11:01 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Im going tomorrow.