Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Classic - to Newage - Back to Classic..?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2005, 02:43 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default From Classic - to Newage - Back to Classic..?

As per title just wondering if any1 had gone form a classic to newage and back to classic - or not..?

Having owned a few Classics in the past - and whilst looking for another Type-R - somehow i am now the owner of an 02 STi UK Prodrive(Mainly bcos i couldn't find 'the right' Type-R for me... ) .... 262bhp as standard i'm told.

Anyway as the cash was lying about and me scoobyless - i came across the 02 STi and bought it.. after short ownership i have realised that its not the one for me..
I dont know but its something about the looks/Drive of a STi Type-R that do it for me... and the fact they only have 2 doors

The 02 is too smooth and the power delivery is totally different to the Type-R.. and i find the 6th gear pointless as its never used (as i do mainly local driving)

I am wondering if it would be better to sell the 02 and wait for a type-r or spend a bit of dosh on the 02 STi (have read about re-maps + exhaust and increase to around 300BHP - and ther is the TSL 333 option also...)

Your Opinions please.. any1 in the same situation...?? or been there - done that and bought the t-shirt...

Raf.
Old 12 November 2005, 03:00 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

raf, i've gone from classic terzo (modded) to bugeye wrx (PPP)to classic sti to blobeye wrx (tek 3 etc),
only had the bugeye for 4 or 5 weeks, sold it because it wasnt for me, was glad to get back into a classic, at the moment the wrx blobeye is the right car for me and is far better than any other subaru I've had before.

your best bet is to find a tsl 333 car, and have a drive in it, or ask on here I'm sure someone will take you out for a blast,

Taff
Old 12 November 2005, 04:40 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Nakedjem who's got his my03 scooby STI up for sale on here went from classic WRX to the my03 and is now selling it to go back to a classic
Old 12 November 2005, 05:35 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T5NYW too

Dan