Sponsored by:

TSL333 & dealer warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2005, 03:02 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSL333 & dealer warranty

I've tried searching, but it's not letting me.

I'm after some more power and i've been reading this forum non-stop the last month (cool, the boss isn't lOOking)

I've got 2 years warranty left on my 04 STi, so i wanted to keep that really, especially after my pedalbox problems - booked in next week.

I see 3 routes really: Powerstation ECUTek etc, TSL333 and PPP. I know that if i get the PPP, everything warranty-wise remains in tact. But if i opted for the 333, would it completely void the warranty? Or are some dealers less pickey? Any 333 owners can comment on it (Ally Mac and the select few?)

Just don't want to opt for the PPP, as it's the easy route, when there's better routes - 333 for the same money. This will be the one & only thing i'll do power-wise (he says... ) as can't afford anything else....ever!

Is the 333 that much better?? Only the 60-80 figures seem better.

(Don't suppose anyone has scans of the upgrade shootout (EVO Magazine, June 04), that's on the TSL site, forget the PPP, get the triple 3 ad. - Would make a good read!! Thanks.
Old 08 November 2005, 03:08 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

TSL333 is good but wave goodbye to your warranty.

Read my comment on your ppp thread.

Gary
Old 08 November 2005, 03:23 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
TSL333 is good but wave goodbye to your warranty.

Read my comment on your ppp thread.

Gary
Thanks.
Old 08 November 2005, 05:31 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

tsl 333 is good,better than ppp which i had on car before....chargecooler and decat is superb!
it will depend on dealer but you should keep non engine warranty anyway at least,ask tsl re this but as soon as you drive their 05 demo car you will want it!!
you really need to drive their demo car-but understand it is an 05 with tsl 333/tsl exhaust and chargecooler so not truly representative of just 333 conversion the 333 brings in torque sooner and more top end power compared to ppp.evo mag did comparison with 333 at top-get a back issue of it fro mebay/evo as it is worth reading first as the ppp a likes are numerous wrc/graham goode/tsl/powerstation/ppp and you can compare them before you try/buy them.i am very happy with my tsl package hence why i went back for chargecooler and several subaru dealers as passengers/drivers have commented on how good it is compared to ppp!!if you need more info pm me
martin
Old 08 November 2005, 05:47 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1doc
tsl 333 is good,better than ppp which i had on car before....chargecooler and decat is superb!
it will depend on dealer but you should keep non engine warranty anyway at least,ask tsl re this but as soon as you drive their 05 demo car you will want it!!
you really need to drive their demo car-but understand it is an 05 with tsl 333/tsl exhaust and chargecooler so not truly representative of just 333 conversion the 333 brings in torque sooner and more top end power compared to ppp.evo mag did comparison with 333 at top-get a back issue of it fro mebay/evo as it is worth reading first as the ppp a likes are numerous wrc/graham goode/tsl/powerstation/ppp and you can compare them before you try/buy them.i am very happy with my tsl package hence why i went back for chargecooler and several subaru dealers as passengers/drivers have commented on how good it is compared to ppp!!if you need more info pm me
martin
Thanks for the info martin. I emailed TSL about 2 weeks ago, no reply. I will try again. Yeah, that's why i'm asking, because people do seem to recognise/prefer the 333 over the PPP, but i'm not convinced at the expense of the warranty. The car is in the local subaru garage on monday, so i will ask them for their comments.

I'll hunt eBay now for that mag, seems like a good read.

How was the exhaust note on the 333 compared to the PPP. I don't want a rip-roarer, as the wife drives it more than me. But i also want the burble i got used to with my 280bhp classic. I want to hear myself what i'm driving.

Anyone finished with their copy??
Old 08 November 2005, 08:39 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Gaz, i think the warranty issue all depends on your relationship with your dealer, my dealer was quite keen to drive the car when i returned from TSL and he fully understood my reasons for going down that road, he was impressed with the car btw, and he explained his position with regards to the warranty, hence why i say it depends on how well you get on with your particular dealer. The one thing i would say is that if you do go down the road to TSL you will not regret your decision to do so, in fact i`m trying to arrange another wee visit .

Hope this helps
Old 08 November 2005, 08:42 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

p.s. Martin, how do you find the car now with the decat and chargecooler, do you notice a similar difference to that when you got the 333 over standard.

cheers

Alasdair
Old 09 November 2005, 09:40 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Thanks for the info martin. I emailed TSL about 2 weeks ago, no reply. I will try again. Yeah, that's why i'm asking, because people do seem to recognise/prefer the 333 over the PPP, but i'm not convinced at the expense of the warranty. The car is in the local subaru garage on monday, so i will ask them for their comments.

I'll hunt eBay now for that mag, seems like a good read.

How was the exhaust note on the 333 compared to the PPP. I don't want a rip-roarer, as the wife drives it more than me. But i also want the burble i got used to with my 280bhp classic. I want to hear myself what i'm driving.

Anyone finished with their copy??
at the time i got mine done had the option of family group n bb or loud firestorm-chose group n slightly louder in town than prodrive one but spot on on full throttle.i have a wife and 3 year old daughter-daughter loves it and is always asking for window down!! but she can sleep quite happily on long journeys as can wife,mate has decat firestorm it gives me a headache.try evo back issues for mag as well.ring tsl and chat to them as they do not answer emails that well as they are on the phone most of the time-normally to me re future mods
martin
martin
Old 09 November 2005, 09:47 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aly Mac
p.s. Martin, how do you find the car now with the decat and chargecooler, do you notice a similar difference to that when you got the 333 over standard.

cheers

Alasdair
i do not think the decat made much difference over 333 slightly louder and graham reckoned when they did testing against sports cat decat had 7bhp advantage but no torque advantage.when i got it fitted i had no real choice as they had no sports cats as machine was broken so it was either decat 333 or long drive back to dundee and come back some other time!
re chargecooler it makes car distinctly less laggier and more top end power and i reckon 10 bhp but it is hard to judge until i get it rolling roaded sometime,there is a definite difference but not as much as getting 333.the problem with me is i got remap/bb/air filter then back for decat 333 then back for chargecooler so i would not notice as much difference between standard and 333,hope this helps or it may make it more cofusing!
martin
Old 09 November 2005, 11:49 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the help/info Aly & Martin et all.

I'm in the local dealer (Eaglesham) on monday for the pedalbox problems. I'll have a nice chat with them then. (Just thought if all goes well, might be a good idea to get something in writing?!)

If all goes well, then i'm gonna go the TSL route. (Might even get tinting and spring/geom while i'm down there Be rude not to after that kinda journey! - hope the wife sees it the same way.

If all doesn't go well, then i'll check other garages, Ayr for instance is still within reach. And now looking on the locator, there's another 3 or 4 in reach. Fingers crossed for eaglesham though.

I just dont fancy a generic PPP. Doing this kinda mod i feel should be setup and specific to the car. I know all cars are different. My delta turbo had 164bhp (140 stnd) standard when RR'd.

I bought the car private though, so i'm in no dealers good books. It's a type EU too, something else they could get picky about i s'pose...
Old 09 November 2005, 11:50 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Oh, and i've order the back copy of Evo too
Old 09 November 2005, 01:00 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

spot on,just noticed you are in lanarkshire,i am in dundee at weekends if you are ever over this way
martin
ps if going to tsl have a set plan and keep to it or you will severely overspend!
Old 09 November 2005, 01:03 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Oh, and i've order the back copy of Evo too
Another TSL333 owner here with group N back box.

The car is awesome, lown down torque is out of this world and it pulls like a freight train all the way from 2,000 rpm. Noise is acceptable as already mentioned and my daughter also loves the noise, wife drives it daily and loves everything about the car (except the looks) she appreciates the handling / power etc.

can't recommend the TSL route enough!!!

My local dealer has been as good as gold over the warranty, although that said so far it has been suspension / interior trim issues so far - they love the car and almost fight over the keys when it comes to who will repair / service it and then get to test drive it!!

I know other companies do similair packages so it may be worth posting a thread with a poll to get un-biased feedback as to who has what and their views on similair performance upgrades.

Trust me I'm really biased TSL all the way, to ifinity and beyond.

Paul
Old 09 November 2005, 01:08 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

spot on,just noticed you are in lanarkshire,i am in dundee at weekends if you are ever over this way
martin
ps if going to tsl have a set plan and keep to it or you will severely overspend!
Yeah nice one. I might pop over for a drive. Was nearly coming to the Apex Quay Dundee this w/end anyway, (Spa w/end for the wifey).

Who needs an excuse to get in it for a spin?!. The wifey drives it pretty much all week. The weekends are my turn . I'll give you a shout if i come over. Anything i can say we're coming to see to the wifey?

Point taken about the TSL budget.
Old 09 November 2005, 01:41 PM
Frosted
Scooby Newbie

how does a tsl 333 converted car compare to an evo 330 fq?
Old 09 November 2005, 01:52 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frosted
Is there a 330? Thought it was FQ320 and FQ340. The 340 just being a 320 with a piggy-back ECU. So i believe...

This one, Evo vs Subaru. I think the 333 would be quite close performance-wise. I think the Evo would still have the edge, if you wanted to live with it's "apparent" ride and drive.

I snubbed an Evo 6 - my all time fave, to get an STi 8. No regrets, none at all.
Old 09 November 2005, 01:59 PM
Frosted
Scooby Newbie

yeah there is a fq330 (mate had one)

just wondering if the porformance was near enough similar (i would expect it to be as the tsl is prob a better package than mitis standard ****e),

has you car been for sale for long?
Old 09 November 2005, 02:05 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

yeah there is a fq330 (mate had one)
Oh, you live and learn. What was their thoughts behind bringing out 3 models, with only 10bhp between them all? Strange...

has you car been for sale for long?
Not me mate, just bought my car, no way it's for sale.

Unless my wife has...........
Old 09 November 2005, 02:18 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

i do not think the decat made much difference over 333 slightly louder and graham reckoned when they did testing against sports cat decat had 7bhp advantage but no torque advantage.when i got it fitted i had no real choice as they had no sports cats as machine was broken so it was either decat 333 or long drive back to dundee and come back some other time!
re chargecooler it makes car distinctly less laggier and more top end power and i reckon 10 bhp but it is hard to judge until i get it rolling roaded sometime,there is a definite difference but not as much as getting 333.the problem with me is i got remap/bb/air filter then back for decat 333 then back for chargecooler so i would not notice as much difference between standard and 333,hope this helps or it may make it more cofusing!
martin
Cheers for the reply Martin, i really fancy the chargecooler, best start being nice to the wife
Old 09 November 2005, 02:20 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Easily done !!
Old 09 November 2005, 02:24 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

My mate has an FQ320, a real nice one but he`s running scared , we haven`t managed to have a play yet but i think they will be very similar
Old 09 November 2005, 02:26 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aly Mac
My mate has an FQ320, a real nice one but he`s running scared , we haven`t managed to have a play yet but i think they will be very similar
Come down the A71 to me, i want to play too!!!!
Old 09 November 2005, 03:06 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

Oh, you live and learn. What was their thoughts behind bringing out 3 models, with only 10bhp between them all? Strange...

When the evo 8 was lauched you could have the FQ330 as an upgrade -
Then they brought out the MR range & increased the whole range by 10 BHP hense the MR FQ 340....

The MR model is like the 8.5 evo
Old 09 November 2005, 03:27 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Has anyone sold a TSL333 car yet. If so did they part ex it and how did they get on with this? This is an important factor I feel.

Gary
Old 09 November 2005, 04:13 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gingerboy
Another TSL333 owner here with group N back box.

The car is awesome, lown down torque is out of this world and it pulls like a freight train all the way from 2,000 rpm. Noise is acceptable as already mentioned and my daughter also loves the noise, wife drives it daily and loves everything about the car (except the looks) she appreciates the handling / power etc.

can't recommend the TSL route enough!!!

My local dealer has been as good as gold over the warranty, although that said so far it has been suspension / interior trim issues so far - they love the car and almost fight over the keys when it comes to who will repair / service it and then get to test drive it!!

I know other companies do similair packages so it may be worth posting a thread with a poll to get un-biased feedback as to who has what and their views on similair performance upgrades.

Trust me I'm really biased TSL all the way, to ifinity and beyond.

Paul
do all tsl 333 owners have to have a carmad daughter?would be an interesting meet!evo mag gives a good opinion of all the ppp a likes with tsl coming out top for driveability,my garage has my car for a week as i cannot pick it up till sat they seem to enjoy it!!
martin
Old 09 November 2005, 04:15 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Wink

Not me mate, just bought my car, no way it's for sale.

Unless my wife has...........
pmsl
martin
Old 09 November 2005, 04:19 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Yeah nice one. I might pop over for a drive. Was nearly coming to the Apex Quay Dundee this w/end anyway, (Spa w/end for the wifey).

Who needs an excuse to get in it for a spin?!. The wifey drives it pretty much all week. The weekends are my turn . I'll give you a shout if i come over. Anything i can say we're coming to see to the wifey?

Point taken about the TSL budget.
if you are coming over this weekend i have pm'ed you my number
martin
Old 09 November 2005, 04:21 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Has anyone sold a TSL333 car yet. If so did they part ex it and how did they get on with this? This is an important factor I feel.

Gary
any modded scoobs are just not selling at moment unfortunately,dealers are discounted 05 stock in preparation for 06 models therefore devaluing 02/03/04 cars
martin
Old 09 November 2005, 04:22 PM
Frosted
Scooby Newbie

your right. although its more any scoobys at all arnt selling,

same with m3s and evos as well
Old 09 November 2005, 04:29 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

The question I was asking was has anyone sold one to a dealer, Subaru or non Subaru. I'm interested on their take on TSL333. PPP is a recognised mod and increases value whereas 333 is not and will detract value. It therefore makes it a dearer option again. From memory ppp adds £750 to the book price whereas any other mod almost certainly will not. The dealer will give std car money if lucky and if not they wont touch it.

This has been my experience anyway........

Gary

Quick Reply: TSL333 & dealer warranty