Sponsored by:

PPP Availability

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2005, 11:45 AM
John57
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP Availability

How long have people waited to get their PPP once they've ordered it ???

I've ordered mine but the dealer said it entirely depends on Prodrive's order book and commitments. They said they have had them through in a couple of days but sometimes it can take a month or two !

What's the average wait ?
Old 08 November 2005, 11:48 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

i waited 2 weeks to get it on my brandnew car, that was after the PDI was done, it took ages

john
Old 08 November 2005, 12:05 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ECU's are despatched from Subaru, not Prodrive.

I'd think you'd be looking at 2 weeks form date of order.

Shaun
Old 08 November 2005, 12:19 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
The ECU's are despatched from Subaru, not Prodrive.

I'd think you'd be looking at 2 weeks form date of order.

Shaun

not what i was told by the dealer or a few people on here.

i was told the old ECU had to go to Prodrive, and when they got that, they sent a replacement ECU with the prodrive map and certificate back to the dealer to fit it. Now im not quite sure how that would work with a retro fit, but im guessing it isnt going to be to disimilar

john
Old 08 November 2005, 12:31 PM
Dippy Hippy
Scooby Newbie

Three days between ordering and fitting
Old 08 November 2005, 12:34 PM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

The parts are in stock at Subaru, ready for despatch immediately.

Mike
Old 08 November 2005, 12:47 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

While mike's arround, any idea when the PPP for 06 is likly to be launched?

Simon
Old 08 November 2005, 12:52 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
not what i was told by the dealer or a few people on here.

i was told the old ECU had to go to Prodrive, and when they got that, they sent a replacement ECU with the prodrive map and certificate back to the dealer to fit it. Now im not quite sure how that would work with a retro fit, but im guessing it isnt going to be to disimilar

john
Aaah, so it's the local subaru garage that fit the PPP? (I wasn't sure) At least i don't have to drive from scotland to banbury then, if i take the PPP route.
Old 08 November 2005, 01:57 PM
John57
Scooby Regular

Mike,

Thanks - hopefully my dealer (Cheam Motors) will get it soon - it was ordered last Thursday - so I can sort having it fitted !
Old 08 November 2005, 02:00 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

If the local Subaru garage fits the PPP, how do they rolling road it, or don't they?? Do they just fit the parts then and guess that it reaches/exceeds the 305ps mark?? Any PPP'ers out there can comment?
Old 08 November 2005, 02:30 PM
John57
Scooby Regular

Update .... phoned the dealer re an unrelated matter and was told the PPP has arrived this morning !

Car now booked in for next Tuesday ..... can't wait !!!

I know it won't be as powerful as an individual remap but I still have exactly 2 years of the warranty left so can't afford to go elsewhere.

GazTheHat - the car isn't checked on a rolling road; it is a generic 'remap' (I think thats the term!) so it's almost 'plug and play' and individual cars will vary a bit - but if the standard ECU only allows a certain amount of boost and the remap allows say another 3 Ibs of boost at a given setting then you shouldn't fail but notice it - assuming everything else is running OK of course ......
Old 08 November 2005, 02:46 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John57
Update .... phoned the dealer re an unrelated matter and was told the PPP has arrived this morning !

Car now booked in for next Tuesday ..... can't wait !!!

I know it won't be as powerful as an individual remap but I still have exactly 2 years of the warranty left so can't afford to go elsewhere.

GazTheHat - the car isn't checked on a rolling road; it is a generic 'remap' (I think thats the term!) so it's almost 'plug and play' and individual cars will vary a bit - but if the standard ECU only allows a certain amount of boost and the remap allows say another 3 Ibs of boost at a given setting then you shouldn't fail but notice it - assuming everything else is running OK of course ......
It just seems a lot of money (£2000) to plug in a chip, put an exhaust on and change the filter. I would've expected it to all of been setup on the RR.

I like you have 2 years warranty left and are wanting to boost the performance a bit. I quite fancy the TSL333, but dont know how that effects the warranty, if not null and void it.

Anyone that had a PPP fitted, did you go for a RR setup afterwards? Or is there any point?
Old 08 November 2005, 02:57 PM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Gaz

That's the whole point of the PPP, it's easy for the dealers to fit and does not need any more 'setting up' than a standard car. It's calibrated to make the most of the mechanical parts that are fitted and work first time on any car it's fitted to.

Mike
Old 08 November 2005, 03:04 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Gaz the TSL333 will invalidate your warranty, but is a good conversion. Not sure of the current cost but I bet its not far shy of the £2,000 for ppp.

The other thing you should consider is that the TSL333 will be detremental when it comes to selling the car. A dealer, Subaru or non will recognise ppp but will not recognise TSL333. He will therefore reduce the value of your car accordingly and not increase it as you would like him too.

If I had a UK car it would be ppp, if I had a non-uk car I would still try for ppp. If I went aftermarket (which I have with TSL) then forget part ex'ing the car in as a private sale is pretty much the only option left.

Just my 2 penny worth.

Gary

edited to say that the TSL333 is a very good conversion and you get the power they quote.
Old 08 November 2005, 03:07 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeWood
Gaz

That's the whole point of the PPP, it's easy for the dealers to fit and does not need any more 'setting up' than a standard car. It's calibrated to make the most of the mechanical parts that are fitted and work first time on any car it's fitted to.

Mike
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. Might be hard walking into the dealer for the first time on monday and not utter the letters P..P..P.. Me!!!!

(goes hunting for more thousands under the mattress)
Old 08 November 2005, 03:21 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Gaz the TSL333 will invalidate your warranty, but is a good conversion. Not sure of the current cost but I bet its not far shy of the £2,000 for ppp.

The other thing you should consider is that the TSL333 will be detremental when it comes to selling the car. A dealer, Subaru or non will recognise ppp but will not recognise TSL333. He will therefore reduce the value of your car accordingly and not increase it as you would like him too.

If I had a UK car it would be ppp, if I had a non-uk car I would still try for ppp. If I went aftermarket (which I have with TSL) then forget part ex'ing the car in as a private sale is pretty much the only option left.

Just my 2 penny worth.

Gary

edited to say that the TSL333 is a very good conversion and you get the power they quote.

Hi Gary,

What would stop you simply trading the car in as a near standard type UK ? Most car dealers I've spoken to seem to know very little about Scoob's, let alone after market tuning,

Rgds,

AP
Old 08 November 2005, 03:22 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug

Just my 2 penny worth.

Gary

Thanks for the info Gary.

Yeah, it's £2100 + vat i think their site says. So about the same price.

So it removes ALL your warranty, i thought you might be able to keep everything bar, say the engine parts due to the conversion. Shame!

You've gotta have some confidence in your car (or a big wallet) then if you go TSL on a new car/one with loadsa warranty...

It pretty much seems like the PPP is the way forward then. (Mine's a Type EU BTW, but still (according to IM) has 2 years warranty left TF!)

I just wanted to way up all the options. I'm not fussed about px values really. There's no way i px to a newer one, my life savings are in this beast, and i've never bought from or sold to a dealer, so i don't think that factors. But i agree, you have to try and convince the private buyer what the 333 is, and that it's all done well etc.
Old 08 November 2005, 03:58 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure the TSL333 only invalidates the parts of the warrenty that could be directly affected by the conversion.

If your indicator stalk fails, the warrenty would cover it, but not if a piston melts
Old 08 November 2005, 04:00 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

I had mine 333 converted after about 9 months and havent looked back since. Its so much better. I can go into details but get bored of typing quickly

Andy to answer your question you could part ex it as a std STi but then you have lost the outlay to TSL of course. With a ppp its recognised by all dealers and actually adds value to the part ex. I think im right in saying its quoted in parkers for instance.

It may not seem relevant now when people are keen and eager for the power but if you only want to keep the car a year or so then part ex it on something different its worth considering the money down the drain.

For instance I looked at a vx220 turbo and the garage was keen and eager till they discovered the 333 then they said they couldnt buy anything they couldnt put their own warranty on and anything unstandard was a no no........

Gary