Sponsored by:

Life in the south west!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2005, 09:09 PM
Pedroskate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Life in the south west!

Well hopefully this will be of interest to anyone within range of Plymouth!

After years of little in the way of Scooby focused support in this neck of the woods. We have finally got access to a brand new, state of the art 4 wheel drive rolling road. I know its not the first 4 wheel drive rollers down here, but the tech spec of them is awesome. They have active pull down using a strapping system (the more the car tries to climb the rollers, the harder its pulled down, so minimised wheel slip). They have rate control (the rate of acceleration for every run can be matched for acurate comparrison). They have multiple shoot out modes (shoot outs can have precisely matched runs to remove any errors induced by the operator). But my personal favorite, AFR is a linked function using a fast acting wideband sensor, this is produced as a graph to match the power run (you can see what your AFR is doing at all stages of power and load during the run). As an aside alan has rigged up a simple fan specifically for TMIC to flow air through them during the run.

Im not promoting for any reason other than I believe its a fresh option for all us South West Scooby owners (though I have known Alan Jeffery and been hapilly using his services for nearly 20 years). He is chuffed to bits with his new purchace and couldn't wait to show me round it. What a tool!, and what an oportunity for any South West Scooby owner to answer all those ARF worries and get an as accurate (as I believe possible) BHP figure.

(If the moderators will let me), Alans web site doesn't even show the new rollers yet, but the contact details are available on http://www.enginetuner.co.uk
Old 08 November 2005, 10:52 AM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

i used to live in plymouth and bought a Forge BOV from Alan - good to hear he is still going strong.
Old 08 November 2005, 11:05 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Hello Pedroskate,

I'm a "Plymuff bouy". Allan's been working on cars of mine for the last 12 years and has recently mapped my RA. Included in the cost was an extended session on the 4x4 rollers when they were fitted so looking forward to that.

Congratulations Allan

James Taylor

P.S.

Pedro, don't forget South West Scoobies get together on the first Thursday of the month at the Lynham Inn (7.30) and have all sorts of get togethers and track days. I'm sure a RR shoot-out (for what they're worth) is due to be organised on Allans rollers soon. Additionally, speak to Carl @ Sorrenson Roadsport who's started organising trackdays and runs them for car enthusiasts down here. The last one was brilliant!

PM for further details

Best wishes

J