Sponsored by:

Remaps

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2005, 07:04 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remaps

I am thinking of having a remap done on my MY 02 WRX.
The car has covered 36k and other than a Jetex exhaust system the car is mechanically standard.

Been looking on Scooby Clinic's web site and found the following :

ECUTEK Re-maps

Model: MY99-05, Classic, New Age, STI 7-9. Import/UK
Price: £650
(STI models will require an up rated fuel pump)

Anybody had this done and what power increase was obtained as there is no indication on the web site.

Also how will this effect engine reliability ?

Nik.
Old 07 November 2005, 07:10 PM
chris_c201
Scooby Regular

Hi Nik,

Lots of threads on this, i'm sure if you do a search you will find them..

I've not had it done (bugeye WRX as well) but its something i will do in the future. On your current form i would estimate a finished output of approx 250-260hp and apparently it makes a huge difference in the feel of car.

Don't think it is a specific worry for reliability purposes,

I'm sure someone that has had it done will be able to offer more info..

Cheers
Chris.

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
The car has covered 36k and other than a Jetex exhaust system the car is mechanically standard.

ECUTEK Re-maps

Anybody had this done and what power increase was obtained as there is no indication on the web site.

Nik.
Old 07 November 2005, 07:31 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

I'm off to the Clinic on Wednesday for a remap - CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 07 November 2005, 07:57 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I can answer your question for you (bugeye WRX owner)

I changed to a Magnex 6x4 Oval backbox, decat centre section, GREEN cotton panel filter. This gave me a 7bhp increase to 222bhp.

I also upgraded my fuel pump to a Walbro 255 at the recommendation of Powerstation.

Powerstation did my ecutek remap and I'm now running 258bhp and 347Nm torque.

Before and after graph:
Old 07 November 2005, 08:28 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Rich, does your car drive much the same as before below 3,000rpm? Then when the turbo kicks in it really hits a lot harder?
Old 07 November 2005, 08:42 PM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

ill be getting this done when i get a wrx!
Old 07 November 2005, 09:25 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Rich, does your car drive much the same as before below 3,000rpm? Then when the turbo kicks in it really hits a lot harder?
Hi Ben, sorry for the delay!

No, it's slightly different below 3k rpm's, it picks up much quicker, from just under 2.5k rpm's and the torque is in full flow by 3k rpm's , with max torque achieved at 3520 rpm's!!

The turbo also kicks in "proper" which it didn't do so much before, you do actually get pushed into the seat whereas when standard it was a much smoother, less aggresive delivery of power. Fookin marvelous, it is.
Old 07 November 2005, 10:25 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info Rich. I know that cars can be mapped differently but looking at the graph yours seems to have exactly the sort of power delivery I want. More aggressive is certainly the order of the day I think!

Couple more questions if you don't mind.

Did your exhaust note become more 'raspy' after the re-map? Can you hear your re-circ valve considerably more often now?
Old 07 November 2005, 11:00 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

be carefull what you ask for my first remap was all or nothing power

i am now much happier with a smoother more linear power delivery - all depends on the map
Old 08 November 2005, 07:50 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Best thing about the ecutek remap, is what ever gear your in, plant the accelerator and it will throw you back in the seat, When I had my classic I always had to change down into 2nd gear and plant the accelerator to get the car going, when I got the ecutek remap done, I could sit in 4th gear put my foot down and it would just throw me back in the seat.

Best mod you can do to your car besides a Big brake conversion.
Old 08 November 2005, 07:51 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info Rich. I know that cars can be mapped differently but looking at the graph yours seems to have exactly the sort of power delivery I want. More aggressive is certainly the order of the day I think!

Did your exhaust note become more 'raspy' after the re-map? Can you hear your re-circ valve considerably more often now?
You do notice the exhaust note become more 'raspy' it was the 1st thing I noticed when TSL mapped my classic.
Old 08 November 2005, 08:36 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

anyone had there newage one done, WRX BLOB EYE, if so, what kind of gains did you see, and what was the specific reason for getting it done, where did you get the most improvement?

John
Old 08 November 2005, 11:51 AM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
anyone had there newage one done, WRX BLOB EYE, if so, what kind of gains did you see, and what was the specific reason for getting it done, where did you get the most improvement?

John
Had mine done last Wednesday and am totally happy with it. No idea what the figures are as it was an 'on road' mapping session (I don't give a **** what a machine says...they all differ anyway).
I think mine was a relatively conservative map. I have a Prodrive sportscat downpipe, middle cat replacement and backbox plus a green panel filter (up-pipe still std). These are all quality parts but it's not quite as good as a full de-cat for flow. Also the boost pipe restricter has been left alone. I also use supermarket super rather than Opti/Ulti etc so might have lost out a little here too.

The map originally loaded up was from a Blobeye WRX with full decat including uppipe, panel filter, boost pipe mod. This was spiking ever-so slightly so had to be backed off a tad for mine.

I'm guessing that with the mods I have I'm gonna be somewhere in PPP territory, perhaps 260-265ish bhp (I'll stand corrected if anyone knows different)

Having said all that, the car is totally different, comes on boost much harder much earlier meaning I don't have to wring it's neck to make a bit of progress and that feeling when you put your foot down at 2000 rpm and then read a book waiting for boost is (almost) a thing of the past.

Car now suits my style of driving (which is bimble along at 2-3000 rpm most of the time) much more.

Too early to tell re fuel consumption as I'm 'enjoying' the performance atm

Still a very quiet car though. I can hear burble but not much. I'm thinking about replacing the centre resonator with a straight pipe but I don't want to go daft loud, might leave it alone for now.
Old 08 November 2005, 12:01 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

i would have thought possibly more mate.

i have the PPP fitted, but im after more. I dont have the pannel filter, just standard induction, not sure where to go. Im getting the up pipe changed for a H&S or the standard STI one as they dont have the cat in either.

Then for the remap, i was talking to a few people who are well known for tuning on here, (wont mention names quite yet) but all have said a pretty similar kind of thing.

With out going to far and drasticly loosing potential reliabuility 290bhp>295bhp and around the 285ft/lb torque is more than achievable. Mapping it on a good quality fuel.

now thats what i have been told.

just wondering if anyone has had similar work done

Cheers

john
Old 08 November 2005, 01:22 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Hi Ben,

It is a more aggressive delivery of power but it is still a "constant" increase in speed/power. Once the boost hits at just over 2.5k rpm's the car really picks up and then at just over 3k rpm's it just takes off - but it isn't all in a big bang and then nothing, there's plenty of power all the way to 6k rpm's - and in every gear (although I haven't taken 5th that high in the rev range.......yet ).

The way it gathers speed in the mid-range is a great improvement too. As another guy said, you don't have to drop it down to get it to pull, as long as your over 2.5k rpm's you can just plant you foot and the torque takes you along!!

Edit: (forgot to answer your Q's.).

No, the exhaust note doesn't seem to have changed but then the Magnex Oval is fairly quite anyway and is more a deep rumble when accelerating. No extra noise at all really from anywhere. The car sounds much the same as before, just a LOT faster.

Last edited by Trap2Terrorist; 08 November 2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08 November 2005, 01:26 PM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

I think you'd be pushing it at 290-295 without some bigger mods. Maybe 275-280 with the full decat, panel filter, good fuel and a good remap but I'll guarantee that will depend on which rollers you get the figures from

Certain rollers near me might put me there already!

Which is why I don't give a ****e on the figures. It's only a 'my dick's bigger' thing in any case. All that really matters is how it drives.

I would suggest that if you already have PPP, to make a huge performance difference you would need decat, remap, fuel pump, turbo and intercooler but then I know f*** all tbh
Old 08 November 2005, 01:46 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

had mine mapped at the clinic last friday, well either that or they put a new engine in lol cos it goers like stink now.

was having problems (found out to be with map) and was way way down on power 203bhp with partial decat and pannel filter .

anyways was mapped and ran 240bhp 240ftlb of torque, plus pops and bang on overrun now mapped into it
Old 08 November 2005, 03:55 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Me and Trap2 did the same day. I have 248.9 BHP and 330Nm Torgue (sounds better than ft/lbs). I still have the cats fitted but have a HKS Hybrid panel, Walbro and WR Sport BB. Like Trap2 said it's the danglies. Me and him flew in formation all the way back. Still having MPG problems, it's called "MRFF". My Right Foot Fun.
"Bring on a ****box"

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 08 November 2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09 November 2005, 03:09 AM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Are they New Age cars? Figures seem a tad low if so?
Old 09 November 2005, 01:09 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine is an MY01 WRX. Normally 215BHP so I aint complaining. I could have had more outright power/BHP but it was tuned back for a better feel and performance. Don't forget I still have the standard cats fitted.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 09 November 2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09 November 2005, 05:33 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Had my MY00 uk mapped at the Clinic today. I got 256 bhp, which I was abit dissapointed about...however.....I got 290ftlb of torque.....which is nice!!

The power is awesome, doesn't feel like the same car...big thanks to everyone there.

My mods are full decat and K&N panel filter
Old 09 November 2005, 09:41 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Had my 04 WRX blobeye mapped at Powerstation today and got 308.1bhp and 390.1Nm of torque.
Old 09 November 2005, 10:29 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Had my 04 WRX blobeye mapped at Powerstation today and got 308.1bhp and 390.1Nm of torque.
Impressive. What spec is it running to achieve that? My bet is full decat, filter change, uprated intercooler and so on?
Old 09 November 2005, 11:11 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Impressive. What spec is it running to achieve that? My bet is full decat, filter change, uprated intercooler and so on?
VF28 Turbo and STi injectors. Hopefully the gearbox will stay in one piece, one reason why i didnt go for the Td05 as the power people seem to get using that turbo, Id say bye bye to my gearbox in a week.
Old 10 November 2005, 12:17 AM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Nice mate. The VF28 has good spool up characteristics doesn't it - power comes in fairly early still?

Good luck with the gearbox. I've heard anymore than about 300lb/ft or so and yes they may break a bit earlier than expected! Still, you've played it safe with *just* the 290lb/ft!

Any chance of getting a graph up?
Old 10 November 2005, 11:12 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Nice mate. The VF28 has good spool up characteristics doesn't it - power comes in fairly early still?

Good luck with the gearbox. I've heard anymore than about 300lb/ft or so and yes they may break a bit earlier than expected! Still, you've played it safe with *just* the 290lb/ft!

Any chance of getting a graph up?

I dont know how to put up the graphs, if anyone knows how to let me know. Ive got it on a disc on PDF file.
Old 10 November 2005, 11:32 AM
Juliano
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx

ECUTEK Re-maps

Nik.

Remember its £650 + vat which makes it £763.75 for a bit more i would have a power fc fitted and mapped by pavlo or andy f
Old 10 November 2005, 12:45 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Juliano
Remember its £650 + vat which makes it £763.75 for a bit more i would have a power fc fitted and mapped by pavlo or andy f
I paid £499+Vat + free 3 port bost Solonoid from Powerstation in the group buy.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=463410
Old 10 November 2005, 05:24 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Mines still going?? what am i doing so wrong !!

they are stonger than you think matey
Old 10 November 2005, 05:28 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I remember saying that and shortly after it went 'BANG'

Quick Reply: Remaps