Sponsored by:

What happened to Simon DeB?

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2005, 07:35 PM
jeremy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to Simon DeB?

Anyone know what happened to Simon DeB? And his much heralded future ScoobySport products? Are they still working on them? Thanks, JL
Old 06 November 2005, 07:53 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I lost all interest when I saw his puerile squabbling with H&S and his vain attempts to establish that ScoobySport's Janspeed manufactured system was superior (because its manufactured by a machine ffs!).

Simon
Old 06 November 2005, 08:45 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

PMSL!
Old 07 November 2005, 05:35 PM
jeremy
Scooby Regular

WOW I got to say, after almost 7 years on this forum, thats one of the strangest things I've heard on here.

How could someone at first be so respected then just like that lose so much respect, that absolutly no one knows anything about him or even wants to know anyhting about him? Too bad, I thought he was a very resouncful guy, and I had looked forward to the great products he was to be develping. JL
Old 07 November 2005, 05:44 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jeremy
WOW I got to say, after almost 7 years on this forum, thats one of the strangest things I've heard on here.

How could someone at first be so respected then just like that lose so much respect, that absolutly no one knows anything about him or even wants to know anyhting about him? Too bad, I thought he was a very resouncful guy, and I had looked forward to the great products he was to be develping. JL
Jeremy
Thats the view of one poster and unlikely to be that of everybody.

I have known Simon for 5 years and found him to be professional, pretty level headed, honest also not easily riled. He is also a superb driver and have fond memories of him taking both me and mrs Paul around Donnington a few years back.

As for the exhaust debackle - there are two sides to every story.

Knowing Simon i doubt if he will release anything until he is completely happy with it.

And before anyone says 'you would say that your a mod on SN' well thats IMHO not the SN line by any means!

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 November 2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07 November 2005, 06:04 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

class thread lol
Old 07 November 2005, 06:08 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But where are the Scoobysports products? It's been so quiet for so long.

I started a thread asking this a little while ago but it just sunk to the depths without an answer.
Old 07 November 2005, 07:32 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Can I suggest that people "wondering", email ScoobySport and find out.... in the meantime take a look at the Official ScoobyNet Articles Forum (Engine - Stage 1), and that will perhaps enlighten you to the fact that "things" are infact being developed.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 07 November 2005, 08:53 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Also bear in mind that SdB is the reason we are all here- without his vision and bloody hard work to get scoobynet off the ground the lesser forums would be an awful lot busier..... instead, they all come here to post their sh ite as scoobynet was always viewed as a little more grown up

/flame suit on/
Old 07 November 2005, 09:55 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster
Can I suggest that people "wondering", email ScoobySport and find out.... in the meantime take a look at the Official ScoobyNet Articles Forum (Engine - Stage 1), and that will perhaps enlighten you to the fact that "things" are infact being developed.

Regards,
Shaun.
That's fair enough, I just thought I'd ask whilst the subject was being discussed. If it came across as siding against Simon it certainly wasn't intentional.

I'm only asking because I'm interested, not to have a pop.
Old 08 November 2005, 09:02 AM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

Hi

Thanks for the support Paul, Webby and RRH.

Jeremy
absolutly no one knows anything about him or even wants to know anyhting about him?
Thanks for starting a thread asking about me. Its nice to know you "want to know about me"! You pillock.

Everyone else.

Unfortunately my day job means I am out of the country for a good portion of the year and have a ridiculous schedule, so I am no longer able to post or be on here as much as I would like, so apologies if I've appeared to drop off the radar.

The comment about the machine manufacture has been taken wholey out of context, as is often the case with snidey remarks like this. I don't, however, have the time or inclination to go into all that again.

7 Foot

Apologies for missing your questions about scoobysport products. I know, its been a long time since we first announced. Both Graham and I are adamant that we won't release anything until its perfect. What with him away on european championship events, and me on world rally championship events, we have had limited time over the last 10 months or so to get things finished. The season is just drawing to a close though, so we are both excited to get stuck back into it all.

I hope you'll respect that we made a promise to deliver something truly special, and whilst we could have easily released average product after average product just to make some money and ride the hype for a bit, we have always viewed this as an opportunity to do things properly for the road car market.

As bizarre as it may sound, we never went into scoobysport for the money (we both do quite alright anyway), it is just that both of us have worked on other company's projects, test driving, engineering, etc and have always been frustrated when things like the marketing departments get involved and want bigger wheels, or whatever which spoils all of the work which has been done during the development. We wanted to produce something which is not compromised by things like "development cost", "marketing", and "time to market".

If people are dissapointed that the products are not available as yet, then I understand that completely. Some people, however, never have any intentions of buying the products even when they're released, so understanding the motives of these people to be frustrated is somewhat more difficult for the majority of us, as they aren't losing anything, as they were never going to buy it anyway.

Anyway. Its been a tough year, and I'm looking forward to a bit more time in the UK and some focus on the suspension, and then the active diff controller.

Thanks to those who have been patient, I sincerely hope we live up to your expectations, and deliver something you'll be delighted with.

All the best

Simon
Old 08 November 2005, 07:51 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Look, it's him!!

Appreciate the response Simon.

As a MY00 owner with shocks that are still working well but have seen 75k miles, my interest is totally genuine.

Chop, chop and keep us posted when you can.
Old 10 November 2005, 06:04 AM
jeremy
Scooby Regular

Simon,
Well the pillock got you out of hiding! Glad I don't have to be surprised anymore.

Just a quick question before u jet to your next stage, is the next gen (coming very soon) Impreza in your sights? I assume a lot of your developments will work with the new chassis since that seems to share a lot of basic architecture with the current?? Good luck JL
Old 10 November 2005, 04:30 PM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

7 foot.

I'll consider that a kick up the bum!

jeremy

I don't personally know the ins and out of the new chassis, but graham is on top of it. The way we're developing though, means that (just about) everything is interchangeable with a few tweaks.

Cheers

Simon
Old 10 November 2005, 05:10 PM
dingy
Scooby Regular

Easy Simon, you still alive