Sponsored by:

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2005, 06:06 PM
gazzer666666
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Warranty

Got a letter from Subaru Assistance offering warranty renewal for a year at £74.50. £92 with european cover. Unfortunatly I no longer have the car (UK300 PPP). I got 2 other letters from them recently at the normal rate, now this one "at a very competitive price" as they put it.
Why can't they just have reasonable pricing in the first place?
Old 03 November 2005, 06:12 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Some of us on here dream of having a warranty m8
Old 03 November 2005, 09:35 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazzer666666
Got a letter from Subaru Assistance offering warranty renewal for a year at £74.50. £92 with european cover. Unfortunatly I no longer have the car (UK300 PPP). I got 2 other letters from them recently at the normal rate, now this one "at a very competitive price" as they put it.
Why can't they just have reasonable pricing in the first place?
Surely you mean breakdown cover not warranty?
Those are the prices I paid for breakdown cover this year.
Old 03 November 2005, 10:06 PM
gazzer666666
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
Surely you mean breakdown cover not warranty?
Those are the prices I paid for breakdown cover this year.
sorry yer right..did'nt read the letter properly....tw*t..

Last edited by gazzer666666; 04 November 2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03 November 2005, 10:19 PM
Andy B
Scooby Newbie

hi dont know if u could help me . i brought a new car WRX from motorpoint it is a import from Malta i have been told that the service intervals are more frequent to keep u the warranty do u know if this is correct as i have not got my service history book yet
Old 04 November 2005, 04:36 PM
gazzer666666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy B
hi dont know if u could help me . i brought a new car WRX from motorpoint it is a import from Malta i have been told that the service intervals are more frequent to keep u the warranty do u know if this is correct as i have not got my service history book yet
My service book for a uk model MY05 STi shows ....1000 mile service then 10000 miles or 12 months then 20k/24mth..30k/36mth...etc.
You had to get the stamp in your book to keep the warranty. No different than any other car company. I would cnntact Motorpoint to confirm this.
Old 04 November 2005, 05:56 PM
WRX54
Scooby Regular

Default Motorpoint Warranty Help

I am new to the site and came upon the site after having a major problem with some warranty work being undertaken. I purchased my wrx at the beginning of the year from Motorpoint in Derby but the car originally came from Liaco in Malta. I was assured that the vehicle came with a three years manufacturers warranty. And as Motorpoint had previously said the warranty booklet arrived soon after we picked up the car along with the welcome letter from Liaco detailing that the car did in fact come with a 3 years cross border warranty and that in the event of a mechanical failure the only document to be produced to the repairer would be the sales invoice which also came with the warranty booklet from malta. At no time was it mentioned that we should register the warranty with Subaru Uk.
After serveral months of trouble free motoring a rear shocker "packed in" i quickly took the car to my local Subaru dealer where we the car had been serviced on 5 other occaisions to be notified that the car is not listed on the warrnty network. i refered back to my letter from liaco and produced a copy of the Maltese sales invoice. After many weeks of sending different information to Subaru Uk including my V5, EC Conformity, copy of malta sales invoice, copy of letter from Malta. I was still not getting anywhere. I have had this week a response from Subaru Uk who have requested a copy of my Motorpoint Invoice.
To cut a long story short we have had many conversations in the last couple of days with Subaru Uk and Motorpoint. Both sides are giving conflicting information. The whole situation of the warranty issue from Subaru Uk's point of view is centred around the "Motor Block Exemption Regulation" i have tried to find more out about this on the web but without success, does anyone else no more about this? They are basically saying that Motorpoint are not allowed to sell the Subaru's which they purchase from Malta onto us the consumer as they are not an authorised Subaru dealer to do so. Therefore the warranty is void.
One source from Subaru Uk has told us today that if we have a sales invocice from Malta and a sales invocie from Motorpoint we do not have a warranty and would never have had a warranty on the vehicle. We have taken this claim to Motorpoint today who are contesting this and are waiting as we are for the letter confimring this from Subaru Uk.
We have also contacted Trading Standards as i would urge everyone to do so who is having issues with the warranty, basically they are not aware of the requirements of this Motor Block Exemption regulation but have advised us to send a letter to Motorpoint. As it was Motorpoint who sold us the vehicle with as they claimed a 3 years manufacturing warranty. We have also been told that if Motorpoint cannot secure a warranty with Subaru then we are entitled to compensation be that in the form of a smaller claim and keep the car or give them the car back and receive a full refund. Trading Standards have said they will aid us with the claim against Motorpoint if it has to come to that.
This is a really bad situation for Subaru as a whole and the unfortunate owners who have placed their trust in Motorpoint in thinking that they were buying a fully "legitimate" car from them.
If anyone can shed anymore light on this whole situation i would like to hear from you. Also is this just an issue for Subaru's as Motorpoint sell nearly every make of car - Has the warranty been an issue for new owners of these other vehicles?
One thing is for certian that as Motorpoint and Subaru battle it out it us the customer who is losing out.

I look forward to receiving your comments.