Sponsored by:

Wife stop checked....!

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2005, 08:54 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wife stop checked....!

Wifes just come in having been stopped by the old bill. Nothing wrong with that, however the officer recons the cars not got insurance... WTF...!

Stopped her at 20:20hrs on a fast D/C.

I know that "I'd be greatful if it had been nicked..!" but this no insurance BS really has me pissed..! Just an excuse to stop her if you ask me.

Anyhow she did the right thing and kept doors locked and engine running until he appeared at window. He actually asked to sit in the passenger seat, is this normal (suppose it's 'safer' than her having to get out)..?

I said next time don't stop and continue the few miles home just incase.

I suppose 1 stop in 1 year isn't doing too bad..!
Old 02 November 2005, 08:58 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonius
Wifes just come in having been stopped by the old bill. Nothing wrong with that, however the officer recons the cars not got insurance... WTF...!

I know that "I'd be greatful if it had been nicked..!" but this no insurance BS really has me pissed..! Just an excuse to stop her if you ask me.

Anyhow she did the right thing and kept doors locked and engine running until he appeared at window. He actually asked to sit in the passenger seat, is this normal (suppose it's 'safer' than her having to get out)..?

Had that happen to me once, not in the scoob tho. I think it depends who your insurer is. They do a vehicle check whilst moving, checking for stolen etc and it will show if your motor's on some database as being insured IIRC.
Old 02 November 2005, 08:59 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Won't she be running the risk of being done for failing to stop..??
Old 02 November 2005, 08:59 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I never stop on D/C even if they want me to, i will always continue to petrol garage (nice CCTV) if they ask why you didnt stop, tell them the highway code says if instructed to stop by police pull over in the first Availabel SAFE place. open to interpretation.

Stop checks - its life have a nice car they want to have a nose at it mostr of the time - no big deal really
Old 02 November 2005, 09:00 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RON
Won't she be running the risk of being done for failing to stop..??
If she goes all the way home i would think so yes. But maybe better than a car jacking by false coppers
Old 02 November 2005, 09:01 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

First time i have heard that the officer wants to sit in the passanger seat of you're car. Very strange if you ask me
Old 02 November 2005, 09:02 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

maybe she had big **** or short skirt on or maybe both
Old 02 November 2005, 09:03 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

I tried to buy car Tax on line and it stated I was not insured. Phoned them and they said not all insurers are on the database yet.

I'm with Elephant.
Old 02 November 2005, 09:06 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
I tried to buy car Tax on line and it stated I was not insured. Phoned them and they said not all insurers are on the database yet.

I'm with Elephant.
So am i but it shows up when they check me
Old 02 November 2005, 09:13 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moray
maybe she had big **** or short skirt on or maybe both
Nah it was a male copper..!
Old 02 November 2005, 09:15 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Nah it was a male copper..!
Old 02 November 2005, 11:23 PM
John57
Scooby Regular

Not all insurance is on the database ..... particularly if you are paying monthy as opposed to in one hit. The database is not 100% as the companies are, as has been said, not all of the same standard. However, the police are very keen to check when it comes to insurance! Better to do people for that than 35 in a 30 .....

Sitting in the passenger side of a car stopped on dual carraigeway is not uncommon. It is very difficult to hear anyone talking when other cars go past and if the weather is bad it's better than asking the driver out as they don't usually like getting wet. The other option is to get them to sit in the back of the police car but that is often full of c**p. It also of course depends entirely on why they have been stopped.

Stopping somewhere safe - yeah, by all means don't try pulling over on a bend, etc but the officers shouldn't try pulling you unless it is safe as they are responsible for what happens once they have asked you to stop! If they don't like where you pull up they will simply ask you to move a bit or direct you to where they want you to go.

Not stopping because you don't believe the fully marked up T5 Volvo with two doughnut eating larger than life officers dressed like canaries are not proper officers is not that good! If you genuinely are unsure who they are then fine .... otherwise you run the risk of getting arrested for failing to stop. Genuine instances of thinking it's not safe to stop, etc would not even be noticed and usually your explanation would be accepted but driving for a few miles not stopping when able will probably result in a helicopter above, a few other cars blocking you in or having your tyres spiked ! With unmarked cars officers are obviously more reasonable about you stopping; particularly if it's at night and the driver is female. In that case a marked car may assist if available.

Hope this helps - it's what I do !
Old 02 November 2005, 11:28 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Yeh!, the back full of crap, nice to see you take pride in your job and clean your traffic patrol car out in the back when on duty. I guess its full of fast food wrappers and coke cans from the shift. Used condoms if your partner is female. I have neighbour who is copper they come home in patrol car at night. Wondering if I should report him/her as its my money after all.

Last edited by Moray; 02 November 2005 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:30 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John57
Not all insurance is on the database ..... particularly if you are paying monthy as opposed to in one hit. The database is not 100% as the companies are, as has been said, not all of the same standard. However, the police are very keen to check when it comes to insurance! Better to do people for that than 35 in a 30 .....

Sitting in the passenger side of a car stopped on dual carraigeway is not uncommon. It is very difficult to hear anyone talking when other cars go past and if the weather is bad it's better than asking the driver out as they don't usually like getting wet. The other option is to get them to sit in the back of the police car but that is often full of c**p. It also of course depends entirely on why they have been stopped.

Stopping somewhere safe - yeah, by all means don't try pulling over on a bend, etc but the officers shouldn't try pulling you unless it is safe as they are responsible for what happens once they have asked you to stop! If they don't like where you pull up they will simply ask you to move a bit or direct you to where they want you to go.

Not stopping because you don't believe the fully marked up T5 Volvo with two doughnut eating larger than life officers dressed like canaries are not proper officers is not that good! If you genuinely are unsure who they are then fine .... otherwise you run the risk of getting arrested for failing to stop. Genuine instances of thinking it's not safe to stop, etc would not even be noticed and usually your explanation would be accepted but driving for a few miles not stopping when able will probably result in a helicopter above, a few other cars blocking you in or having your tyres spiked ! With unmarked cars officers are obviously more reasonable about you stopping; particularly if it's at night and the driver is female. In that case a marked car may assist if available.

Hope this helps - it's what I do !
Surely though, if on D/C or motorway, unless proper parking bays, all other areas are for emergencies and that only. I have driven miles before to pull into services or untill parking area.

When asked why i didnt stop i explained the above reason, (without being arsy) and it was accepted.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:31 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Yeh!, the back full of crap, nice to see you take pride in your job and clean your traffic patrol car out in the back when on duty. I guess its full of fast food wrappers and coke cans from the shift.

Doubtfull, the back of the car has to be kept clean in case of arrest.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:33 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Whatever you dumb ***

Originally Posted by cookstar
Doubtfull, the back of the car has to be kept clean in case of arrest.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:35 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Whatever you dumb ***
Nice attitude son
Old 02 November 2005, 11:36 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Well you signed up to be a police orifice, actually my dumb *** neighbour signed up and passed out. He has a superbike and says he wont wear full leathers as he looks like a power ranger, so he rides in jeans. Go figure the mentality of that. Imagine that ******* pulling me LMFAO

Originally Posted by John57
Not stopping because you don't believe the fully marked up T5 Volvo with two doughnut eating larger than life officers dressed like canaries are not proper officers is not that good!
Old 02 November 2005, 11:37 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Read the posts and you might see where I am coming from

Nice attitude son
Old 02 November 2005, 11:41 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Yor post consist of commenting on **** and short skirts.....

Then a heavily edited post,

And then calling me a "dumb ***"

Yeah i really know where your coming from Dont really want to either.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:42 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Also my dumb **** opposite neighbour who was ex army infantry just passed police and is a complete dumb *** to speak to. He sounds like neolithic man.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:45 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Also my dumb **** opposite neighbour who was ex army infantry just passed police and is a complete dumb *** to speak to. He sounds like neolithic man.
Thats nice for you.

Goodnight
Old 02 November 2005, 11:46 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

He/She was proceeding in a Northerly direction at the time of the incident.

Yor post consist of commenting on **** and short skirts.....

Then a heavily edited post,

And then calling me a "dumb ***"

Yeah i really know where your coming from Dont really want to either.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:50 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

The internet is so good you can slag off orifices and get away with it, LMFAO. BTW you wont catch me on my bike LOL
Old 02 November 2005, 11:51 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

That intelligent you forgot what you put only minuits ago

I see..
Old 02 November 2005, 11:58 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

The internet is so good you can slag off orifices and get away with it, LMFAO. BTW you wont catch me on my bike LOL
I can understand why someone like you would like it so much, where else could you be a keyboard warrior
Old 03 November 2005, 10:03 AM
Isoproturon
Scooby Regular

Yeh!, the back full of crap, nice to see you take pride in your job and clean your traffic patrol car out in the back when on duty. I guess its full of fast food wrappers and coke cans from the shift. Used condoms if your partner is female. I have neighbour who is copper they come home in patrol car at night. Wondering if I should report him/her as its my money after all.
More like hi-vis gear, helmet, files and folders and all the other gubbins you have to cart round with you.
Old 03 November 2005, 10:59 AM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Hey Isoproturon - nice user name! But why the pesticide?