Sponsored by:

The deed is done.

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2005, 10:54 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The deed is done....**PICS**

I have recently posted on here (and asked for/received advice) about changing my new(ish) MY05 WRX, which I bought earlier this year.

On getting the Scoob earlier this year, and having never had one before (although motoring for more years than I care to remember), I immediately became hooked on a car that is a pleasure to own, and astounds me with it`s mixture of practicality, and outright madness (when required) .

Despite then getting my WRX PPP`d, I still hankered after a drive of an STi, and I recently made the mistake of doing just that. I say "mistake", because, ever since, I have wanted an STi.

Anyway, today, after some searching around involving hundreds of driven miles (as it does) I have ordered myself :

An STi Type UK PPP, in silver, with 18` Prodrive P-FF7`s.

It`s not a new one, as (admittedly) I lost too much on my WRX (which has put me off ever buying new again), but it`s an absolute minter on an 03 plate.

Soooo.............I apologise if I`m full of myself tonight, but I can`t wait now to pick it up, which should be Wed/Thurs next week, and, having sampled the power, I thinik I`m even more excited than I was when I was waiting for the WRX.....................

Last edited by dexter; 27 October 2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 22 October 2005, 11:28 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dexter
I have recently posted on here (and asked for/received advice) about changing my new(ish) MY05 WRX, which I bought earlier this year.

On getting the Scoob earlier this year, and having never had one before (although motoring for more years than I care to remember), I immediately became hooked on a car that is a pleasure to own, and astounds me with it`s mixture of practicality, and outright madness (when required) .

Despite then getting my WRX PPP`d, I still hankered after a drive of an STi, and I recently made the mistake of doing just that. I say "mistake", because, ever since, I have wanted an STi.

Anyway, today, after some searching around involving hundreds of driven miles (as it does) I have ordered myself :

An STi Type UK PPP, in silver, with 18` Prodrive P-FF7`s.

It`s not a new one, as (admittedly) I lost too much on my WRX (which has put me off ever buying new again), but it`s an absolute minter on an 03 plate.

Soooo.............I apologise if I`m full of myself tonight, but I can`t wait now to pick it up, which should be Wed/Thurs next week, and, having sampled the power, I thinik I`m even more excited than I was when I was waiting for the WRX.....................
You only live once and if you can justify to yourself that it is the right move and it is hat you want then why not . I don't doubt that you will enjoy the STI and as for being full of it - who wouldn't!!

Enjoy.
Old 22 October 2005, 11:31 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that mate, my sentiments exactly.
Old 22 October 2005, 11:39 PM
donutman
Scooby Regular

Now you wonder what a Jdm is like, and wish you had bought one of those

enjoy your new car m8
Old 22 October 2005, 11:47 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donutman
Now you wonder what a Jdm is like, and wish you had bought one of those

enjoy your new car m8

Donutman, DO NOT do this to me

I am not, under any circumstances, going to try out a JDM, as the Mrs`ll kill me it I changed again so soon !

No, seriously, I`m hoping it will keep me happy for quite some time to come. Cheers anyway, mate.
Old 22 October 2005, 11:50 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

I'm sure you'll love the STi, I sure love mine, though it's 'only' a humble 'ordinary' 05 STi, no PPP! Sniff!
I've never regretted getting it & have also done FAR worse car swaps than you've just mentioned, so you're not alone in your madness!
Old 22 October 2005, 11:58 PM
Ru55e11
Scooby Regular

So did you do a straight swap then with the STI being older than the WRX?

<Russ>
Old 23 October 2005, 12:05 AM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict
I'm sure you'll love the STi, I sure love mine, though it's 'only' a humble 'ordinary' 05 STi, no PPP! Sniff!
I've never regretted getting it & have also done FAR worse car swaps than you've just mentioned, so you're not alone in your madness!
Cheers mate.

Good to know there`s not only me out there that does this.

Funny thing is, I saw the car (in a dealer`s) a few days ago, and found it difficult to get my head around going backwards from an 05 (new) to an 03, but over the last few days I`ve looked at quite a few, travelling as far from home as 75 miles away, but it just goes to show, that even quite new cars can be neglected, as I`ve seen that much sh1te that dealers are trying to tell you is mint. It gets right up your nose.........

Anyway, looking at newer, but rougher, cars, brought it into perspective today, as, when I went to see the one I`ve ordered again, it looked so mint that I had no hesitation in putting money down on it, and I`m now just grateful that it didn`t sell in the meantime, as I now know that I wouldn`t have found another in such good nick in a hurry again.

So..........roll on next week.
Old 23 October 2005, 12:09 AM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ru55e11
So did you do a straight swap then with the STI being older than the WRX?

<Russ>
Russ, I wish that had been the case mate, but, and this is probably down to embarassment about the money I`ve lost, I`d rather not disclose the figures, suffice it to say that I`m more than happy with the car I`m getting.

It would have been great to have done it without losing money, but hey, c`est la vie...............
Old 23 October 2005, 09:29 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Silver STi club Dexter :-) were a rare bunch but as everyone knows Silver cars are the Fastest!!

All u gotta get is it PPP'd and you'll be as happy with yours as i am with mine :-)
Old 23 October 2005, 03:03 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
Welcome to the Silver STi club Dexter :-) were a rare bunch but as everyone knows Silver cars are the Fastest!!

All u gotta get is it PPP'd and you'll be as happy with yours as i am with mine :-)
Bodski, it IS PPP`d mate, as it says on my first post.

And yeah, it is good to have a silver one, as I like that colour on my WRX which is silver already, so it was nice to find another silver one.
Old 23 October 2005, 03:50 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Sorry Dexter was'nt awake that much this mornin missed the PPP bit lol.. Enjoy it M8
Old 23 October 2005, 06:50 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Sorry Dexter was'nt awake that much this mornin missed the PPP bit lol.. Enjoy it M8
Cheers bud.
Old 25 October 2005, 07:03 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Not long now, as I collect my the new steed in the morning.

I`m like a kid on Christmas Eve, as I can`t wait......................
Old 25 October 2005, 07:43 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Wink

Not long now, as I collect my the new steed in the morning.

I`m like a kid on Christmas Eve, as I can`t wait......................
Gotta keep it clean Dexter that way it'll look just like this http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88...I/IMG_0134.jpg

Oh btw M8 seein as your just gettin yours i think it's only fair that u give me your PFF7's and get used to the car with Standard wheels on it ;-)
Old 25 October 2005, 10:17 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Gotta keep it clean Dexter that way it'll look just like this http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88...I/IMG_0134.jpg

Oh btw M8 seein as your just gettin yours i think it's only fair that u give me your PFF7's and get used to the car with Standard wheels on it ;-)
Very nice that mate, looks as though it`s cherished !

I must admit, the P-FF7`s do set the car off though, although yours on the STi look good.

Pity really, that`s been my one and only gripe about my WRX, the standard wheels look a bit weedy, and look more like 16`s than 17`s, where as on your STi, they do actually LOOK like 17`s.
Old 26 October 2005, 09:00 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Very nice that mate, looks as though it`s cherished !

I must admit, the P-FF7`s do set the car off though, although yours on the STi look good.

Pity really, that`s been my one and only gripe about my WRX, the standard wheels look a bit weedy, and look more like 16`s than 17`s, where as on your STi, they do actually LOOK like 17`s.
To be Honest M8 i've been on the lookout for a second hand set of 18" Anthracite PFF7's for mine for quite a while, usual places, Ebay, PistonHeads etc etc, but they are as rare as rocking horse ****e!! Aint really got the money for them new . On a Silver STi they look the absolute Nads. And yes i'm a Jealous lad that you've got em on your one LOL.

Get Yourself some Swissol Kit to look after yours theres nothing that comes close to it IMO.

Hope today goes well M8 and dont too much when your driving it, people will think your a nutter!
Old 26 October 2005, 09:13 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Come on Dexter wheres the pics
Old 26 October 2005, 07:01 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Yes, I really do think it`s that good !

I picked it up this morning, and even though the weather has been absolutely crap here all day, I`ve still been able to open it up, and enjoy it.

What a car ! It pulls from nowhere, handles like a dream, and grips like anything. How the roads aren`t full of these, by the way, I do not know, as they`re tremendous.

I thought my PPP`d WRX was quick, but this is something else again, it really is ! You need almost only think about the overtake, and you`re gone, and then it just keeps on pulling until the shift-light comes on, and reminds you to change up.

All in all, it`s a fantastic package, both to drive, and to look at, as the 18 `P-FF7`s have really set it off.

So, that`s me done, and hopefully looking forward to a few good years motoring in this superb car............................................... .......
Andy, as for including pics, I`ve just not been able to take any, as the weather`s been that bad, the car`s now filthy, however, it`s supposed to be much better tomorrow, and if that`s the case, I intend to give it the Meguiars treatment, and then take some pics, so we`ll see....................
Old 26 October 2005, 07:09 PM
Wakey
Scooby Regular

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Yes, I really do think it`s that good !

I picked it up this morning, and even though the weather has been absolutely crap here all day, I`ve still been able to open it up, and enjoy it.

What a car ! It pulls from nowhere, handles like a dream, and grips like anything. How the roads aren`t full of these, by the way, I do not know, as they`re tremendous.

I thought my PPP`d WRX was quick, but this is something else again, it really is ! You need almost only think about the overtake, and you`re gone, and then it just keeps on pulling until the shift-light comes on, and reminds you to change up.

All in all, it`s a fantastic package, both to drive, and to look at, as the 18 `P-FF7`s have really set it off.

So, that`s me done, and hopefully looking forward to a few good years motoring in this superb car............................................... .......http://bbs.sidc.co.uk/i/expressions/...mall-happy.gifhttp://bbs.sidc.co.uk/i/expressions/...mall-happy.gifhttp://bbs.sidc.co.uk/i/expressions/...mall-happy.gif
http://bbs.sidc.co.uk/i/dominant/trans.gifAndy, as for including pics, I`ve just not been able to take any, as the weather`s been that bad, the car`s now filthy, however, it`s supposed to be much better tomorrow, and if that`s the case, I intend to give it the Meguiars treatment, and then take some pics, so we`ll see....................
Com'on Dexter you old **** jockey!!! LOL get some pictures up will ya!

Your an ****....I went looking for an STI (not down the docks mind you) to swap my WRX PPP!!!!
Old 26 October 2005, 09:34 PM
Faitha 2 B
Scooby Regular

Just sold my crystal grey 05 STi type UK today 1k miles on the clock, mint condition. £18k cash!

Cant fault the car, but residuals are awful & it was a nightmare trying to get a buyer even at that price!

I blame Subaru due to constantly changing shape/spec etc.

Im sure u experienced similar after changing so soon & you'll enjoy ur new toy never the less.

Good luck, F2B.
Old 26 October 2005, 10:59 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Faitha 2 B
Just sold my crystal grey 05 STi type UK today 1k miles on the clock, mint condition. £18k cash!

Cant fault the car, but residuals are awful & it was a nightmare trying to get a buyer even at that price!

I blame Subaru due to constantly changing shape/spec etc.

Im sure u experienced similar after changing so soon & you'll enjoy ur new toy never the less.

Good luck, F2B.
Nice one Faitha, glad you`ve sold it at last.

I know what you mean about residuals, and it`s hard to put your finger on why they`re poor. It may be, as you say, down to the shape-change etc, or it could also be down to the fact that imports are now far easier to buy, and simply cost much less than UK ones (and I`m certainly not knocking anyone who buys an import here BTW, as everyone is entitled to spend their hard-earned as they see fit).

It`s just probably a combination of both factors which lowers the trade-in prices substantially.

Anyway, cheers mate, and good luck with the X5.
Old 26 October 2005, 11:03 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wakey
Com'on Dexter you old **** jockey!!! LOL get some pictures up will ya!

Your an ****....I went looking for an STI (not down the docks mind you) to swap my WRX PPP!!!!
Wakey, get it done mate, you know you want to.....................

You won`t believe the difference mate, I promise. My only regret is that I didn`t do this when I bought my WRX, as I could have saved a load of money in the process, and had the summer to enjoy my STi.

Never mind, you don`t know what you`re missing `til you do, if you know what I mean..........

Anyway, get yourself a test-drive in an STi PPP, and you`ll see what I mean.

Good luck.
Old 26 October 2005, 11:16 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Wakey, get it done mate, you know you want to.....................

You won`t believe the difference mate, I promise. My only regret is that I didn`t do this when I bought my WRX, as I could have saved a load of money in the process, and had the summer to enjoy my STi.

Never mind, you don`t know what you`re missing `til you do, if you know what I mean..........

Anyway, get yourself a test-drive in an STi PPP, and you`ll see what I mean.

Good luck.
Dexter

Once you are used to the STi PPP take it along to TSL for the triple 3 treatment and then you will be even wider, mine was done shortly before I bought ours and I can honestly say the first time I drove it I had brown undies!!!!!!!! Going from a 200bhp Astra GSI to a 330bhp STI I expected a fair hike in performance and power etc but nothing prepared me for the awesome power of the TSL333.

Glad you are enjoyin your STi ppp but belive me when I say that you really have got to at least have a bash in a triple and then get yourself along to TSL and have the mod done - the noise, acceleration, low done pull and handling are amazing .

Hope you enjoy it and more importantly that you are happy with it.

Keep on grinning mate.

Paul
Old 26 October 2005, 11:27 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gingerboy
Dexter

Once you are used to the STi PPP take it along to TSL for the triple 3 treatment and then you will be even wider, mine was done shortly before I bought ours and I can honestly say the first time I drove it I had brown undies!!!!!!!! Going from a 200bhp Astra GSI to a 330bhp STI I expected a fair hike in performance and power etc but nothing prepared me for the awesome power of the TSL333.

Glad you are enjoyin your STi ppp but belive me when I say that you really have got to at least have a bash in a triple and then get yourself along to TSL and have the mod done - the noise, acceleration, low done pull and handling are amazing .

Hope you enjoy it and more importantly that you are happy with it.

Keep on grinning mate.

Paul

Aha ! Funny you should mention mods Paul.........

Probably the main reason I went down the PPP route when I had my WRX, and not the independent-mod route, was because of the warranty.

With me buying an older car today, I only have about 7-8 months warranty left, and then I`ve no more excuses not to mod independently.

This should just nicely take me into the spring next year, so I`ll enjoy mine over the winter as-is, but once the warranty`s up next year....................................
Old 26 October 2005, 11:49 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Aha ! Funny you should mention mods Paul.........

Probably the main reason I went down the PPP route when I had my WRX, and not the independent-mod route, was because of the warranty.

With me buying an older car today, I only have about 7-8 months warranty left, and then I`ve no more excuses not to mod independently.

This should just nicely take me into the spring next year, so I`ll enjoy mine over the winter as-is, but once the warranty`s up next year....................................
You know it makes sense - roll on the summer Dexter you'll be grinning like a hyena it might be worth setting up a poll as I am obviously very biased towards TSL but I have no doubt their are other companies such as API and powerstation that people seem to rave on about.

Keep smiling .

Paul
Old 27 October 2005, 07:38 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Nice one Dexter
Glad your over the moon with it M8 :-) Told ya the silver ones were the fastest did'nt i LOL.

Paul how much did u spend at TSL for the 333 Conversion ???? If it made that much difference it might be the way to go with mine.
Old 27 October 2005, 09:19 AM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Well done mate, glad you are enjoying from another silver STi driver with anthracite wheels, only the 17" ones though.
Old 27 October 2005, 08:24 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Here are the pics, as the weather`s been great here today (October, WTF ?), and I`ve been able to get it nice and clean.....

Old 28 October 2005, 06:40 AM
stann01
Scooby Regular

lovely motor dexter

i am not jealous at all

Quick Reply: The deed is done.