Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2005, 10:10 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody stone chips!!!!

The lat 4 weeks have not been cheap!!

53 plate wrx sti PPP TSL333 has had the following

Front and rear pads / 30k service / 4 tyres tomorrow in preperation for the winter - now I have no problem with any of that as I was well aware that these items needed doing and at the end of the day I want the car right - the wife uses it on a daily basis to work and drop the kids at nursery. So the fact the car is safe and legal is what counts end of story.

What did annoy me ever so slightly was the stone that flew up from a wagon on the other side of the dual carriage way, which I hit at about 70 - result it hit the passanger side of the windscreen about 1" from the A pillar - result chip turned into a crack about 4" long which has since increased to 7" - and the soonest I can get a new screen is Monday afternoon - bugger, their goes the weekend blast - beloved scooby retires to garage for a full weekend except for a gentle drive to the local tyre fitters.

Anyway rant over, hope everybody else has a better weekend .

Paul
Old 21 October 2005, 10:37 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Sympathise re. stone chips!
Few months back, had no sooner had one windscreen replaced from a ruddy great crack resulting from a stone chip, to have exactly the same thing happen again just a few days later, resulting in windscreen no. 2 needing replacing!
Unbelieveable!
Old 21 October 2005, 10:42 PM
badboy-scoob
Scooby Regular

aint good man, i got a few on me wrx - mayeb i gotta start slwoing down a lit lol!!
Old 23 October 2005, 09:04 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

My daily run about to work is a 53 plate Skoda Fabia 1.2. I was heading home from work on a dual carriageway stretch at about 65-70 overtaking a Transit when said vehicle suddenly pulls over into my path kicking up a stone about 1" diameter. i heard it hit the front and saw it fly across the bonnet narrowly missing the windscreen. When I got home I expected to see a mammoth stone chip, but no, to my surprise after polishing the scuff the chip that was left was only 1/8" long and very thin. If that had been my STI I bet it would have been a right ding on the aluminium bonnet. Also Subaru paint is very poor compared to the Skoda IMHO