Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default farewell scooby ownership for good

because,

theives want them

chav factor

residuales are bad

paintwork is like tissue paper

piston slap,tramlining ooh me geometry needs doing etc.

new versions all the time to add to your resale hell

you have to mod it

it is obvious in blue and gold

it only gets you admiring looks from teenage boys

you cant park it in tescos car park coz of the door dingers

interior, nuff said

erm thats it..........oh nearly forgot there are better cars for the money out there

i am now the proud owner of a used clk55amg, grin? i have to tell ya scoob grin was nice this grin is V8 massive

so i say to you all : sell your scoobs quick and have a better car for the same money

and if you are thinking of buying a new scoob DONT coz if you do and you are lucky enough to see me coming, better get out of the way and let me rip past beacause i now hate you all!!!!
Old 11 October 2005, 01:18 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Good stuff lad. I'm telling myself the last year to sell sell sell. When i do it'll probably be last subaru i own. Too much of a headache!!
Old 11 October 2005, 03:04 AM
baddermans
BANNED

Yes and at teh first sight of a corner you will be saying "bye bye sti" as your rear end goes all loose.

Muhahahaha scoobys till the end mate.
Old 11 October 2005, 06:07 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Muppet.
Old 11 October 2005, 06:29 AM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

And you think a Scoob is costly to run !!

Rob
Old 11 October 2005, 06:34 AM
Crosstalk
Scooby Regular

I'm the opposite - hello Scooby ownership again:

- Living in country (was in city last time I had one)
- garaged at night
- 5 door = not chavvy at all! Not anything in fact...
- company car = no bills, no insurance, just petrol.
Old 11 October 2005, 06:47 AM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davedipster
Muppet.

You are.
Old 11 October 2005, 07:33 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by marcymarc555
You are.

228 posts BETWEEN 'em, and they know it all

Alcazar
Old 11 October 2005, 08:23 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"You Have To Mod It" ..... WHY???

The image has taken a battering and its in the Chavs 'BargainBucket' now ...... but, you can still enjoy what was always there to enjoy - how? - buy a Wagon, of course!

A Wagon gives so many benefits over the Saloon:-

Quirky Looks

Thieves Don't Want Them

They Carry Everything

They are Just as Fast

It's Just Great Beating The Chavs in What They See as an Estate Car

They are the Understated Wolf in Sheeps Clothing ..... keep them standard and you enjoy Impreza Ownership as Subaru intended it to be ..... calm, relaxed, powerful, understated ....................................

The Saloon is Dead, long live the Wagon!!

Pete
Old 11 October 2005, 08:51 AM
MrDBM
Scooby Regular

what other car is as much fun, AND you can cart your entire family around in it? Plus the dog and the kitchen sink!

Scoobs are annoying things, and you're quite right about the versions and depreciation, but they are still pretty cool, you could do a lot worse.

Saying that, I did sell mine last month and opted for an oh-so-sensible 350Z. Mainly for the reasons pointed out above, but when I need 4 seats I'll probably be back, there just isn't anything else like a Scooby

Aside from the EVO. Or perhaps an RX8. Or maybe an S4, oh and of course the M3...
Old 11 October 2005, 09:07 AM
New_scooby_04

because,

theives want them You think they won't be after the AMG?

chav factor: Figment of most people's imagination, all of the Boy racers around my way drive Corsas! in fact, some drive old, clapped out big engined BMWs and Mercs.

residuales are bad: Not if you buy second hand. Residulas are something you only need worry about if you buy a new/nearly new car and want to get shot of it in three years.....who in their right mind would want to part with a scooby!?!!?

paintwork is like tissue paper: Keeps the weight down!

piston slap,tramlining ooh me geometry needs doing etc. New age cars don't suffer from that, all cars need geometry checks thanks to speed bump UK etc...

new versions all the time to add to your resale hell: More interesting stuff to talk about down the pub, Instead of Pansy football player shagged which annoying drug addled model this week

you have to mod it NO, you'll want to mod it!!! Unless you're Pete, who makes the valid point that they're pretty damned good as standard.

it is obvious in blue and gold:Lucy Pinder in a swimsuit is obvious, but you still would!

it only gets you admiring looks from teenage boys No, I think you were only noticing the stares from them; believe me even if the girls don't know what they are, they do pay attention....even if just for the noise.

you cant park it in tescos car park coz of the door dingers: You may have a point there, but now you have a merc, you'll only be welcome at Waitrose!

interior, nuff said. It doesn't squeek and rattle after 6 years, which is more than can be said for modern mercs!

erm thats it..........oh nearly forgot there are better cars for the money out there.Possibly, but not many!!

i am now the proud owner of a used clk55amg, grin? i have to tell ya scoob grin was nice this grin is V8 massive..... Have you been to a Merc dealer when you need help as opposed to buying something from them??

so i say to you all : sell your scoobs quick and have a better car for the same money erm...........NO, but thanks for the heads up!

and if you are thinking of buying a new scoob DONT coz if you do and you are lucky enough to see me coming, better get out of the way and let me rip past beacause i now hate you all

No danger of that, you'l be stuck in some side turning miles down the road......no one ever lets Mercs out of side turnings!!!

NS04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 11 October 2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11 October 2005, 09:12 AM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Quality !

Rob
Old 11 October 2005, 09:18 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Just got my fab vrs and , did it for the same reasons as a lot of people do, crap re-sale, rip off insurance, useless consumption.
But miss the sound, and went around some corners in the wet and had to drive it like my Gran drives, wish Id kept my sport and not got a turbo at all. Then I wouldnt have sold it for the vrs
Old 11 October 2005, 09:48 AM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wide
Just got my fab vrs and , did it for the same reasons as a lot of people do, crap re-sale, rip off insurance, useless consumption.
But miss the sound, and went around some corners in the wet and had to drive it like my Gran drives, wish Id kept my sport and not got a turbo at all. Then I wouldnt have sold it for the vrs
My mates got custom code ( the new revo) on his vrs and its a flying machine.
Old 11 October 2005, 09:51 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

bye bye.
Old 11 October 2005, 09:51 AM
spec-cie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wide
Just got my fab vrs and , did it for the same reasons as a lot of people do, crap re-sale, rip off insurance, useless consumption
You bought a Skoda because you were worried about crap re-sale value?
Old 11 October 2005, 10:07 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
A Wagon gives so many benefits over the Saloon:-

Thieves Don't Want Them

Pete
This isn't always the case. When my house was broken into about a year ago (whilst I was at home and asleep) it was my MY98 5 door they were after and not my WR1.

How do I know? The WR1 was untouched, yet they had gone to the trouble of scraping the ice off the windows of the wagon in readiness to drive it away.

Luckily as they armed my house alarm (themselves) and then set it off they all they left with was my watch abd mobile.....

Robin
Old 11 October 2005, 10:14 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Another realist, welcome to fold Funky Monk. Glad you got shot that that shed.

I had a whizz in a SL55AMG the other week...I had a bigger grin on my face than a Chesire cat - awesome noise and torque (500bhp and more importantly....520lbft of supercharged grunt ).

Although it had factory paint as bad as a scooby

Last edited by ALi-B; 11 October 2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11 October 2005, 01:32 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spec-cie
You bought a Skoda because you were worried about crap re-sale value?
LOL!! You obviously havent looked at residuals of the modern Skoda's have you?

Scoobs are still great cars IMO, but the appeal is definately on the wane. Theres loads more better alternatives now, and with fuel at 1quid per litre and the chav-mobile image a lot of people wont be seen dead in one now.
Old 11 October 2005, 01:35 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'm sure the maintenance costs of a SL55 AMG will be alot higher than a scoob??

Still nice car.
Old 11 October 2005, 01:37 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Petem95

Scoobs are still great cars IMO, but the appeal is definately on the wane. Theres loads more better alternatives now, and with fuel at 1quid per litre and the chav-mobile image a lot of people wont be seen dead in one now.

True, but what can you get cheaper second hand which is alot better than a scoob??
Old 11 October 2005, 01:50 PM
deco c
Scooby Regular

Id rather an m3 myself or for the money spent on the that a nice 911.mercs are for old boys with slippers!!!!!!
Old 11 October 2005, 02:10 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deco c
Id rather an m3 myself or for the money spent on the that a nice 911.mercs are for old boys with slippers!!!!!!
Or funny walking rap stars !

Rob
Old 11 October 2005, 07:59 PM
spec-cie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95

You're right there ... don't look at skodas full stop. I'm sure they're great cars but a bit tame for my taste. Same with the AMG 55 - sure it's fast in a straight line but down the pot-holed, mud-covered, crap-infested B roads near where I live?

Personally think this 'chav mobile' crap is total nonsense. The person driving the car makes it chav, not the car itself. Chavs round my way drive everything from scoobies to mitsus to bmws to rovers to mercs. I bought mine because it's the closest I can get to a road-going rally car for b-road blasts and track days. Couldn't give a stuff what people think about how I look in it ...
Old 11 October 2005, 09:42 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Exactly, Spec-Cie!

Alcazar
Old 11 October 2005, 10:03 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar

228 posts BETWEEN 'em, and they know it all

Alcazar
You fuc#in muppet *****. And i hope i'll never have to say that to anyone on this site again. But that is the stupidest thickest comment i've read. Wat the fu#k has posts got to do with anything. The chap is rite in wat he said. Scoobs are hassle and costly. By the way i don't plan on selling mine anytime soon. I've over £10k gone into mine. And plan on driving it the way its supposed to be for a good while yet. Your a thick. We can all write a load of bollox in the muppet forum and build our posts up. But wat has posts got to do with it??????????/ Wat you only know about subarus if you post over 1000 posts on this site????????
Old 11 October 2005, 10:13 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Good luck with the Merc, but TBH, there's nothing in your post that (a) most owners don't know anyway and (b) care about - that's the joys/perils of Scoob ownership.

All the best, but shut the door on your way out

Dan
Old 12 October 2005, 12:33 AM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

like me you had to have a scoob .i enjoyed my time with mine .ive now moved on.i dont agree with all the comments made but the classic engines reliabilty is not good at all.when you hear the common words of get a knock link and lamda sensor this not a good sign. im sure theres plenty on here that have had there engines go and we know plenty of scooby engine rebuilders, which speaks for itself.my scoob put a smile on my face for sure . what annoyed me the most was the up and down of performance . after reading the posts over the years it needed mapping i suppose.I HAD TWO IN 5 YRS AND THATS MY OPINION.

i did not give a xxxx what people thought of me in mine chav or no chav

Last edited by THOMO; 12 October 2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12 October 2005, 03:01 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spelling ???
Old 12 October 2005, 10:21 AM
DreXeL
Scooby Regular

Personally I moved on from my Scoob because I wanted a change, I just fancied something else (I now drive a Mazda RX-7 FD). I didn't get rid of it because of any 'image' issues. I couldn't give a flying **** what people think.

As for reliability, well mine was a MY97 UK Turbo, which was running a dyno 'proven' 346bhp, on standard internals with 115k on the clock. I drove the **** off it daily and it lived in the redline, and did several track days. It never missed a beat the whole time I had it.

People should stop worrying about image, residuals and all that ****e and enjoy what is still a great car.

Last edited by DreXeL; 12 October 2005 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: farewell scooby ownership for good