Sponsored by:

What was that all about?

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2005, 04:43 PM
Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down What was that all about?

Was driving down the A10 yesterday afternoon, when I seem to have attracted the attention of some guys in a Silver Bug Eye.

I have opted to tell of my story in this section and I am sure (or at the very least hope) that this idiot doesn't have the finess or aptitude to use this bulletin board and therefore wouldn't be in the "Was It You" Section.

Suffice to say that the chap driving seemed to have an issue with me being in front of him as everytime I accelerated mildy away, was trying to get inside the boot of car.

Mines an MY03 STi Type UK with all the prodrive bits on, cant say what he was driving as it was debadged and had all manner of cheap looking plastic addons, but since when did Impreza owners start trying to gee up fellow Impreza drivers by engaging in dangerous driving on the road?

I've been driving several impreza's since 1996 and have never come across this lind of ludicrous behaviour...

The member of Mensa in the car behind, then proceeded to follow me off the A10 onto the A406 and then towards the A12, I'm sure that he drove miles out of his way just so he could overtake me...

Perhaps he has a few mods which give him better performance over the PPP which he wanted to demonstrate?

Whatever he was playing at, I wasn't going to lower myself - as that sort of behaviour should be left for a track day...

Thankfully I shook him off so he could go and annoy someone else perhaps, has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Old 10 October 2005, 04:59 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you were playing to. Personally, if I was that concerned about a dangerous driver behind me, i would pull over immediately !

How come you didn't do that ? [apologies I don't know the road] ?
Old 10 October 2005, 05:27 PM
OhMyGodItsBlue
Scooby Regular

why should you have to pull over just because some pleb is driving like a total ar$e behind you????????? they should drive properly like most poeple do. i get the same and i dont alter my driving one bit. why should i???? if they annoy me too much i slow down just to pi$$ them off
Old 10 October 2005, 05:31 PM
stanley and naomi
Scooby Regular

the thing is if you pull over and they are up close behind you - more than likely the ***** will go up your *** and not stop or slow down to go around you.

Been in simular situations with boy racers - gets on your nerves after a while. Always think there going to hit the back of the scooby as they tail gate so close behind.
Old 10 October 2005, 05:38 PM
OhMyGodItsBlue
Scooby Regular

i get white van man trying to race me ont motorways. and wagons and boy racers and just about everything under the sun. i dont do it tho. not killing meself just to outdo a halfdead debadged vauxhall nova i stick int inside lane now with allt wangons slowest scoob ont roads me
Old 10 October 2005, 08:57 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, but if you is a lady in a scoob men are going to want to prove what good drivers they are What's a wangon by the way?
Old 10 October 2005, 09:03 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a fella completely up my **** in a brand new evo on the M1 though last night. Little spoiler so I think thats a 260? He was obviously beside himself with excitement at actually owning the car and was tootling along until he saw me and was right up my rectum well into three figures. Crossed my mind could be a plain clothes, but you could see he was enjoying himself too much.

Trending Topics

Old 10 October 2005, 09:14 PM
OhMyGodItsBlue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mgcvk
I had a fella completely up my **** in a brand new evo on the M1 though last night. Little spoiler so I think thats a 260? He was obviously beside himself with excitement at actually owning the car and was tootling along until he saw me and was right up my rectum well into three figures. Crossed my mind could be a plain clothes, but you could see he was enjoying himself too much.
obviously i meant WAGON!!!!!!!!!! you know, truck, lorry, HGV
hellooooooo?????????
Old 10 October 2005, 09:46 PM
trackman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby
Was driving down the A10 yesterday afternoon, when I seem to have attracted the attention of some guys in a Silver Bug Eye.

I have opted to tell of my story in this section and I am sure (or at the very least hope) that this idiot doesn't have the finess or aptitude to use this bulletin board and therefore wouldn't be in the "Was It You" Section.

Suffice to say that the chap driving seemed to have an issue with me being in front of him as everytime I accelerated mildy away, was trying to get inside the boot of car.

Mines an MY03 STi Type UK with all the prodrive bits on, cant say what he was driving as it was debadged and had all manner of cheap looking plastic addons, but since when did Impreza owners start trying to gee up fellow Impreza drivers by engaging in dangerous driving on the road?

I've been driving several impreza's since 1996 and have never come across this lind of ludicrous behaviour...

The member of Mensa in the car behind, then proceeded to follow me off the A10 onto the A406 and then towards the A12, I'm sure that he drove miles out of his way just so he could overtake me...

Perhaps he has a few mods which give him better performance over the PPP which he wanted to demonstrate?

Whatever he was playing at, I wasn't going to lower myself - as that sort of behaviour should be left for a track day...

Thankfully I shook him off so he could go and annoy someone else perhaps, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

As the value of the older models drop to VERY affordable amounts, more and more idiots are sadly getting their hands on them.

These situations seem to be mentioned on here on a daily basis at the moment. You've just got to rise above it (which everyone in this thread has done incidently).