Sponsored by:

Is this worth £9800 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2005, 09:20 AM
scooby_dooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this worth £9800 ?

2002 / 52 plate 4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Petrol, 40,500 miles, Metallic Blue Mica, 2 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Radio/CD, Sports seats, Full service history, Remote locking. Magnex Stainless Steel De-Cat Exhaust system, K&N Induction Kit, Cat 1 Cobra Alarm System, Immaculate condition.

Im looking at buying it but not sure if its over the odds in price so any advice welocme.

Cheers
Old 05 October 2005, 09:24 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Is it a wrx or an sti?
Old 05 October 2005, 09:27 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its a Sport, NO ..... if its a Turbo then maybe ... 2 owners in 3 years??

Only you know if its worth it to you - just by asking on here means that you have your doubts ...... I would always go with your gut-instinct first and foremost.

Good luck, its a nice decision to have to make - but, remember, its a buyers market .... try a little squeeze on the price (and split the difference with Children in Need!)

Pete
Old 05 October 2005, 09:40 AM
scooby_dooby
Scooby Newbie

Hi, thanks for your replys. The car is a wrx. I do really like the car and have managed to squeeze the price down £200 as its from a dealer who will service it before I buy and put 12month mot on it. Also the de-cat excaust can be changed back to the original as apparently the one on it is illegal what you think ?

Thanks
Old 05 October 2005, 09:45 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

I assume you have done your research and not jumped in at the first scoob you have seen, the price is not bad, i think i paid 15 for a bugeye sti on 03 plate, but that was off my god father who is a car dealer. It had 9k on the clock and was immaculate. If you get the exhaust changed see if you can get the one thats on it now for non mot time, as a full decat will see you gain a fair few horses from the motor. Good luck with your purchase, welcome to the most expensive hobby out there and be prepared for a saw face from all that smiling
Old 05 October 2005, 09:49 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

I've just sold a 01 WRX for in the 8's (I take it its a bug WRX) from a dealer I think its a fair price tbh (as its newer etc) only reservation is the Cobra alarm that would have me thinking it may be a euro import (best to check as it would be worth less)
Old 05 October 2005, 09:54 AM
scooby_dooby
Scooby Newbie

I have been looking for one for ages on ebay autotrader and on here but have just sold my BMW318ise so would like to purchase one soon as possible but obviously don't wanna rush in and buy the wrong car. Would you get the guy to mot it and keep the de-cat excaust on as he will let me have the original one which has not covered many miles so I could change it over come next mot time, would It cost much to get them changed over ?
Old 05 October 2005, 09:59 AM
scooby_dooby
Scooby Newbie

If its a eu import is it best to avoid this car ?
Old 05 October 2005, 10:07 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

don't have to avoid the import, it just means that you may be able to knock him down some more!! I would advise keep the exhaust it'll help it breath much more easy and also sound a great deal better, i have a full turbo back 3inch decat and it sounds stunning not to mention the extra punch it helped to deliver! anyway you will always find a "sports car" friendly mot garage that'll see you through emissions for a small token If it's still got the down pipe cat in then you should pass emissions any way.
Old 05 October 2005, 10:10 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_dooby
If its a eu import is it best to avoid this car ?
No not really but it will not be worth the same as a UK model (as they were much cheaper to start with)

Is it a main dealer? Keep the decat on, you will want to change the original as soon as you hear someone elses aftermarket system
Old 05 October 2005, 10:16 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Tbh I have seen blob WRX's going for 10k (with nice extras) and that is UK (private though)

I'd get one private and you may even get one with Subaru warranty (I had nearly a year left when I sold mine)

Just my tuppence
Old 05 October 2005, 10:23 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

heres a nice one

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/messageview...threadid=44047
Old 05 October 2005, 10:30 AM
scooby_dooby
Scooby Newbie

No its not a main subaru dealer as I have been down to them an dthe cheapest is a black 2002 wrx 44,000 on clock going for £10,995. Also spoiler on it is the small standaerd one but id prefer the wrc spoiler which I have seen on ebay for buy it now £99 and they state they are good quality would you consider this spoileras i can get it sprayed and fitted for £100. link below.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4579699352

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated. Oh yeah anyone got fifa 2006 any good ?
Old 05 October 2005, 10:35 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I didn't realise that it was the Ugly one???

If its a Bug-Eye then ...... errrrm, are you sure you can live with the looks?? Think VERY carefully!!!

And, yes, check if its an Import ...... whether its a EU Import or a JDM Import, they are worth a lot less than a proper UK car ....

Make sure you KNOW what you are buying ........... think, and think again .....

Also, the induction kit and exhaust gives you a little clue as to the mentallity of the last owner ............ do you want a RoyBacers car??

Pete

Last edited by pslewis; 05 October 2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05 October 2005, 10:38 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_dooby
cheapest is a black 2002 wrx 44,000 on clock going for £10,995.
Nothing goes for the screen price these days .... remember that!!

A Subaru Main Dealer is your best source .......

I am a bit more worried that it 'may' be an Import and the dealer hasn't told you - which, of course, he wouldn't!! or he wouldn't get what he is looking to get for it!!

CAREFUL!!! See the new purchase receipt and check it came from a UK Main Dealer new!!

Pete
Old 05 October 2005, 10:57 AM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

fifa 2006 is awesome on the xbox
Old 05 October 2005, 11:11 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

£11,995 for a 01 WRX in silver with Tracker fitted, PFF7 18's, Prodrive lights, Prodrive spoiler, WR Back Box, Mats and Aero Mudflaps, 29K, Dealer history with full Clifford Concept Alarm plus One years Subaru Warranty. That was in April 05. So, shop around.
Old 05 October 2005, 11:18 AM
scooby_dooby
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for all the help guys ! aint got a clue what to do now ! Think ive seen every subaru wrx for sale and I still can't get one.
Old 05 October 2005, 11:31 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

It's always a dilemma when you split with your cash, Seems as though you are in the right ballpark with the one you have found. If you like it, it ticks all your boxes and you are comfortable with the price then i say its a runner and you should get down there and start your new experience!!!
Old 05 October 2005, 11:48 AM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Also be aware that if the dealers putting a years mot on it with the de-cat exhaust still on the car then its likley the cars not getting checked properly at the mot station,This could mean there are other faults that are not picked up on.

Im not saying that dealers do dodgy mots or am I?
Old 05 October 2005, 11:51 AM
scooby_dooby
Scooby Newbie

Do you think the bugeye really is the ugly one ? would a change of headlights be needed you think ? If so would you go for the morette conversion if so where from how much am I looking at ?
Old 05 October 2005, 12:07 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

mine is the import one and came with jdm projectors, in my opinion they look way better than the standard bug eye lights and the morrettes as well!!! you should be able to source a set for no dearer than 200 at the top!
Old 05 October 2005, 12:26 PM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

AS I said before in this thread I sold this two weeks ago for in the 8's

It was Uk, FSSH (a must), 2001, Subaru warranty until April 06, Tracker/alarm, and all the trimmings/extras you would want to have

Lights
Spoiler
Skirts
Gauges
Splitter
Clear bits
Exhaust
Wheels
Mudflaps
etc

That should give you some idea of how in favour it is to be the buyer at the moment, For me i'd rather buy private than from a non-subaru dealer as their warranty is worthless and with private you can see and meet the previous owner etc.

From a dealer you will be stung i'm afraid, If I were you i'd look for a looked after example on here (they do come up with warranty so you get the same piece of mind as buyer from a dealer, just £20 to transfer approved inc assist) and with 10k you could get in the seat of a Blobeye probably with the extras you will want and it will be UK.

I have seen Bugeye STI's go for a little more, if you could stretch I would
Old 05 October 2005, 12:49 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I paid £9800 for a '51 plate bugeye WRX in May this year, (private). FSSH, immaculate except for big-ish stone chip and some scrapes on the alloys. 24k miles, standard.

As a comparison, I also went to see another one in black with PPP and 52k miles for the same price (already sold when I got there).

I do think that in the last couple of months the prices have come down a bit and you do seem to get a bit more for your money now - usual advice, shop around and if you find one that feels right, go for it