My Rear Brake lines were CUT

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2005, 03:57 PM
Mrboost
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Rear Brake lines were CUT

What is the world coming too!!!!

I could have died.... Think someone in the neighborhood got jealous, mainly as we have 5 cars at the mo and all pretty tasty, just picked up a bargain Celica GT4 for the mrs (had no alarm on it) so parked the impreza infront to semi protect it overnight. Next day get up, go to car and mrs starts to follow me to Alarm fitter and after about 5 presses of the foot pedal to my horror nothing, normally I would be giving the car some (but with mrs in new car behind) I was driving quite slow. Spun car round, got her over ramp brake line cut with what looks like a hacksaw. cheers what *****
Old 03 October 2005, 04:03 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

not upset anyone recently have you?
Old 03 October 2005, 04:06 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

thats out of order, glad your ok, hope that doesn't ever happen again, thankful you weren't giving it some!!
Old 03 October 2005, 04:06 PM
Mrboost
Scooby Regular

I though that....but driving the impreza its hard not too....LOL
Old 03 October 2005, 04:34 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Has to be reported to the police IMHO, and, if you point out to them that the hacksaw must have been moving to and fro at more than 30mph, someone WILL attend

Alcazar
Old 03 October 2005, 04:35 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

That is awful mate glad your OK. ***** like that should go down for attempted murder if ever caught.
Old 03 October 2005, 04:41 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

******* liberty
Old 03 October 2005, 05:04 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

These people should be fcuked and burnt
Old 03 October 2005, 05:06 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Definetly worth a complaint to police....if they are bothered enough to listen that is.

Attempted manslaughter?
Old 03 October 2005, 05:16 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Definetly worth a complaint to police....if they are bothered enough to listen that is.

Attempted manslaughter?
No such thing, only attempted murder or manslaughter (not that I'd know!).

It would be criminal damage and trespass
Old 03 October 2005, 05:35 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

thats a serious job mate - report it to plod
Old 03 October 2005, 05:59 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
No such thing, only attempted murder or manslaughter (not that I'd know!).

It would be criminal damage and trespass
LOL you right, as it involved malice (brain switched off today )

Definetly intent to cause harm/injury though maybe attempted bodily harm, think the laws surround GBH/ABH might include physical tampering to intentially cause an accident involving the victim.
Old 03 October 2005, 06:26 PM
chippy17
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Has to be reported to the police IMHO, and, if you point out to them that the hacksaw must have been moving to and fro at more than 30mph, someone WILL attend

Alcazar
I agree you have to report it, very scary, glad nothing horrible happened
Old 03 October 2005, 06:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

surprised no fluid on the ground....
Old 03 October 2005, 09:22 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Sorry to appear stupid but don't the front and rears act independent of each other ?
Old 03 October 2005, 09:41 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

MrBoost,
Firstly I will say that I am appaled by the crass stupidity and downright idiotic action taken against your car, with the highly likely consequnce of death or injury to the occupants of your car and any other pedestrian or road user who became involved in any accident caused by the action taken, and the perpatrator should be locked up.

Please do not take the following comments the wrong way.

You assume that the person is someone who is jealous of your fleet of 'tasty motors'.
They may not be jealous but may be fed up with your fleet of cars.

Are ALL your vehicles parked on YOUR property, or is the outside of your house akin to a NCP car park, but filled mainly with your cars, leaving your neighbours scratching around trying to park their cars.

I, and my neighbours have endured 9 years of one resident who also has between 4 and 5 normal non fancy cars at any one time which completely fill all the available 'on road' parking outside our houses.
I park on my property, but have difficulty when I want to move a car onto the road to move my second car off my property.
I have spoken to him in a cordial manner, and he's a nice enough chap, but it causes intense resentment for one neighbour specifically, who regularily gets their drive blocked.
This chaps otherwise placid wife has come close to flipping several times with heated exchanges with the said gentleman.
She would not, nor would any of us take action such as has happend to you, but the 'needle' factor is suprisingly high, and it sometimes difficult to ignore the problem, especially when he also has friends visiting.

If you are forced to park your 'fleet' on road, which your are perfectly legally able to do, so long as they are all taxed and insured, then maybe this is the cause of the ill feeling and the competely twisted and depraved motivation for the malicous action taken against you, not because of the type of car.

I hope you can catch the person responsible, and if not, address any issues you may not realise you have with your neighbours, before things get completely out of hand.

Cheers
MTR

Last edited by MTR; 03 October 2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04 October 2005, 12:15 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
Sorry to appear stupid but don't the front and rears act independent of each other ?

Yes and No - Indedendent circuits, but both operated by the same cylinder...brakes on the "good" circuit will only work on the last 3/4 of the pedal stroke before reaching the floor where the piston of the failed circuit bottoms out, forcing pressure onto piston for the good braking circuit.

Also a cut line will drain the fluid under gravity, so after one or two pumps of the pedal, the reservoir is dry and sucks up air making the situation worse.

A true "fail safe" system uses a shuttle valve...which is very rare, if non-existent in this day and age. Cars with them fitted can be rather difficult to manually bleed the brakes/change the fluid -too much pedal pressure and the circuit your bleeding just locks out on you

Last edited by ALi-B; 04 October 2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04 October 2005, 01:33 PM
Mrboost
Scooby Regular

quote MTR

>MrBoost,
>Firstly I will say that I am appaled by the crass stupidity and downright >idiotic action taken against your car, with the highly likely consequnce of ?
>death or injury to the occupants of your car and any other pedestrian or >road user who became involved in any accident caused by the action taken, >and the perpatrator should be locked up.

>Please do not take the following comments the wrong way.

>You assume that the person is someone who is jealous of your fleet of 'tasty >motors'.
>They may not be jealous but may be fed up with your fleet of cars.

>Are ALL your vehicles parked on YOUR property, or is the outside of your >house akin to a NCP car park, but filled mainly with your cars, leaving your >neighbours scratching around trying to park their cars.

>I, and my neighbours have endured 9 years of one resident who also has >between 4 and 5 normal non fancy cars at any one time which completely fill >all the available 'on road' parking outside our houses.
>I park on my property, but have difficulty when I want to move a car onto >the road to move my second car off my property.
>I have spoken to him in a cordial manner, and he's a nice enough chap, but >it causes intense resentment for one neighbour specifically, who regularily >gets their drive blocked.
>This chaps otherwise placid wife has come close to flipping several times >with heated exchanges with the said gentleman.
>She would not, nor would any of us take action such as has happend to >you, but the 'needle' factor is suprisingly high, and it sometimes difficult to >ignore the problem, especially when he also has friends visiting.

>If you are forced to park your 'fleet' on road, which your are perfectly legally >able to do, so long as they are all taxed and insured, then maybe this is the >cause of the ill feeling and the competely twisted and depraved motivation >for the malicous action taken against you, not because of the type of car.

>I hope you can catch the person responsible, and if not, address any issues >you may not realise you have with your neighbours, before things get >completely out of hand.

>Cheers
>MTR

All cars on a private driveway @ the end of a private road / Carpark (two in garages and three in carpark), Tis a nice house in a bad area!!! Good that its slightly of the road bad for anything else (hence we are moving!!!) Its not nice not allowing the kids to play outside. All cars taxed & tested.

Update.....Reported to police and we did manage to catch the hooded teenagers (two 13-15 year olds) on camera (they new their wer cctv as they covered their faces). Looked round impreza first (not sure why.....quite worrying really) then one bends down and does the job!!!....It appears in the neighbourhood I was not the only one, ppl had mirrors kicked off the same night. Police has looked at tape and thats it.. I will now be checking for fluid on the floor before entering the car from now on :-(

Police did say they may have wanted me to see the fluid and take another car allowing them chance to come back and strip the impreza!!!
Old 04 October 2005, 07:20 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Mrboost,
It would appear that you have come up against some of lifes flotsom.
Good luck in pursuing justice/revenge, whichever happens to befall the said individuals.
Hopefully they will see the error of their ways.
Wether that is before or after someone catches them acting in a moronic fashion again, and 'explains' why they must refrain from such actions in future, only time will tell.

Cheers
MTR