Speeding Fine .... ??????

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2005, 06:19 PM
cubby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding Fine .... ??????

Right lets see if you can help me ....

Last October on my way to the Trackrod Rally i got knicked on the motorway for speeding, i got the usual fixed penalty (fair cop)

I paid my £60 fine over the phone within the 28 days, and sent off my licence to have my 3 points added ......

About 8 weeks later i get a cheque through the door for £60, my girlfriend put it straight into my bank without thinking (due to recieving loadsa cheques thro e bay)

Then about another 3 weeks i get a letter stating there is a warrent for my arrest due to an unpaid fine, so i rang them up, and they said to ignore the letter as it was a computer error ......

Sure enough 3 weeks later, another letter, this time with £40 costs added, this time they told me to send a letter stating when i'd paid the fine etc ..... which i did .

During this time i still have not got my licence back ....

After many letters and phone calls, no one seems to be giving me any answers, nor does any one seem to know where my licence is .....

The final staw was the other day when a court baliff had called at the door, i was working so he'd left a note ..... i called him, and he said the fine was now £210 with all the incurred costs .....

So i rang the courts again, and they said the fine hadnt been paid on time ....... thats why the cheque was returned. when i proved to them it had with my credit card statement, they then changed their story saying that i hadnt surrended my licence .... i told them i had, and i wanted to speak to some one in authority .... they said i had no choice but to pay this fine and the costs, and it was up to me to trace my licence ....

When i insisted i spoke to some one in charge they said they'd get some one to call me back .... but that was two days ago, and still not heard owt ....

What should i do .... ?

Ta ....
Old 28 September 2005, 06:25 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Did you take the names of the people you spoke to each time and have you written down the dates/times of when you spoke to them?

As long as you have an accurate record of any correspondence, written and verbal, you should be ok.

You could also pay a visit to the magistrates court in person, that way you'll get to speak to someone face-to-face, (though make sure you're 'clean' before you go, if you know what I mean )

Rich.
Old 28 September 2005, 06:27 PM
xkellyx
Scooby Regular

get back on the phone and screama at them and i would make them pay for a new liscence ring dvla and find out if the points where put on the liscense then they most of been the last people to see it!
Old 28 September 2005, 06:30 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Go to your local Magistrates Court and explain whats happened at their office. This can be simply sorted out by you making a Statutory Declaration. Make a list of all of the pertinent facts beforehand and include the contradictions in the statements that have been made to you recently.

Hope this helps

Simon
Old 28 September 2005, 07:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If what happened to me in Bedford, (God, what a sh*thole), yesterday is owt to go by, you're f*cked!

Might as well pay up, then bend over and drop your kecks for the next bit

British justice? It STINKS!!

Alcazar