Scooby intimidates Evo 8....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2005, 06:47 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Scooby intimidates Evo 8....!!!

Oh how I laughed.....

Couple of days ago whilst on my way up to Canterbury on the A2, I was passed at about 80mph by a silver Evo 8 MR3something something with two red letters after it (FQ?). Now having recently received my first ever 3 points for speeding and being a realist and knowing that my bog stock (bar a WRSport backbox) MY03 Blobeye WRX would only get a severe whooping by this Evo, I watched him zoom into the distance.

However...... As I continued my journey, it ended up that Mr Evo got stuck in a bit of traffic and, as a result, I appeared behind him in this outside lane queue. Having spotted me in his mirror (I wasn't driving up his a*se or anything I must add), he promptly knocked it down a gear (or two), (I could see him moving his left arm) and almost tried to squeeze between the gap twixt the cars in the outside lane and the armco..!!! As soon as the cars pulled over, he shot off much to my amusement and all he left were little puffs of black smoke out of his exhaust as he scuttled off..!!! Undoubtedly rather quickly I might add..!

I must say I was quite surprised that my bog standard WRX should scare the driver of such a quick car into such antics. Once again, the Scoobs fearsome reputation proves itself..!!!
Old 26 September 2005, 07:01 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

no, he just wanted to prove how crap he thinks your car is and how big a dick he has (is).

Some people, with what they consider as fast cars, always have to prove how fast it is to those of us who are too mature to give a sh*t.
Old 26 September 2005, 07:12 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Well said. I could not of put it better myself.
Darren

Originally Posted by Varboy
no, he just wanted to prove how crap he thinks your car is and how big a dick he has (is).

Some people, with what they consider as fast cars, always have to prove how fast it is to those of us who are too mature to give a sh*t.
Old 26 September 2005, 07:27 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Maybe it was the sight of all the dead bugs on my bonnet and my WRGB car park sticker in the window that did it...?

What's with the black smoke though...? Can't be a good sign..?
Old 26 September 2005, 07:47 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

I got a Porsche GT3 to blast past me on a dual carriage way once. The sound of his engine was superb. I am glad he thought I was 'worth it' as I doubt the driver would have bothered to treat a Skoda driver for example to such an impressive demo.
Old 26 September 2005, 07:57 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by v8voodoo
Oh how I laughed.....

Couple of days ago whilst on my way up to Canterbury on the A2, I was passed at about 80mph by a silver Evo 8 MR3something something with two red letters after it (FQ?). Now having recently received my first ever 3 points for speeding and being a realist and knowing that my bog stock (bar a WRSport backbox) MY03 Blobeye WRX would only get a severe whooping by this Evo, I watched him zoom into the distance.

However...... As I continued my journey, it ended up that Mr Evo got stuck in a bit of traffic and, as a result, I appeared behind him in this outside lane queue. Having spotted me in his mirror (I wasn't driving up his a*se or anything I must add), he promptly knocked it down a gear (or two), (I could see him moving his left arm) and almost tried to squeeze between the gap twixt the cars in the outside lane and the armco..!!! As soon as the cars pulled over, he shot off much to my amusement and all he left were little puffs of black smoke out of his exhaust as he scuttled off..!!! Undoubtedly rather quickly I might add..!

I must say I was quite surprised that my bog standard WRX should scare the driver of such a quick car into such antics. Once again, the Scoobs fearsome reputation proves itself..!!!
Maybe he just wanted a dabble and thought you might have had the ***** to have ago, why buy a scooby or an evo to drive like a gay. Not saying its big and clever to race on public roads but everyone does or has done it. Im pretty sure its cause he wasnt scared as well
Old 26 September 2005, 08:39 PM
globalgb
Scooby Regular

Being an Evo driver everytime I see a scooby driver I automatically assume they want to 'try it', just like I do if I see another Evo. Of course its very rare that anyone these days does try it unless its some braindead on automatic with the latest and greatest repmobile - just human nature I guess. Though I wouldnt have went to the extremes the guy mentioned in the first post did.
Old 26 September 2005, 08:40 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Modo
Maybe he just wanted a dabble and thought you might have had the ***** to have ago, why buy a scooby or an evo to drive like a gay. Not saying its big and clever to race on public roads but everyone does or has done it. Im pretty sure its cause he wasnt scared as well
Modo, modo, modo.....

What's the point in having "ago" in a bog stock WRX against an MR FQ Evo..? Bit like racing a Cosworth with a Cortina, well..not quite, but you get the idea..!!

I have ***** aplenty to "have ago", in the right place at the right time with a car that has similar performance....!! I've done my fair share of street racing and can be very tempted still sometimes. Or maybe I'm getting old? Maybe I shouldn't use my scoob to drive normally and should hoon around everywhere I go at breakneck speed? Is there really any point in "racing" something you've no chance of beating, let alone staying with..?

Maybe next time I should "have a dabble" with him in my truck, which is heaps quicker, but he'd have no idea about it. But then, what have i got to prove..?

I'm going to nip out and race a few drop handles with my BMX.
Old 26 September 2005, 08:40 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

best reaction I've ever got was from a vectra ... as i cruised up behind him he decided to drive like a c**t.

until that is he came round a blind bend at 100 to face a stationary queue.

i nearly crashed pissing myself as I watched him snake and brake so hard his head was pushing on the roof lining.

after he managed to stop on the opposite side of the road i followed the very slow and shakey vectra for a few miles with tears in my eyes .... when i passed he waved with a very wet, brown hand.

funny how they forget that their brakes don't quite match their *****.

Old 26 September 2005, 08:46 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mwp
best reaction I've ever got was from a vectra ... as i cruised up behind him he decided to drive like a c**t.

those damn Vectra boys, deserve all they get.

Though they don't deserve as much as they muppets in 3 series
Old 26 September 2005, 08:49 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A bright shiny yellow Lambhorghini Murcielago made the effort to burn me off in Cumbria a couple of weeks ago. I felt quite flattered he thought I was worth the effort. How many hundreds and hundreds of hp's have those things got??
Old 26 September 2005, 09:00 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Maybe it was the sight of all the dead bugs on my bonnet and my WRGB car park sticker in the window that did it...?

What's with the black smoke though...? Can't be a good sign..?
Blue smoke = Oil
Black smoke = fuel

Just running a bit rich.
Old 26 September 2005, 10:05 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Having a go against a car you know you can't beat is still worth it sometimes, if anything just because it can give you more of an insight into the relative differences in performance on the road between your car and the 'target' car.

I often have a 'go' regardless - and have seen a few amazing things as a result.
Old 26 September 2005, 10:30 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

Modo, modo, modo.....

What's the point in having "ago" in a bog stock WRX against an MR FQ Evo..? Bit like racing a Cosworth with a Cortina, well..not quite, but you get the idea..!!

I have ***** aplenty to "have ago", in the right place at the right time with a car that has similar performance....!! I've done my fair share of street racing and can be very tempted still sometimes. Or maybe I'm getting old? Maybe I shouldn't use my scoob to drive normally and should hoon around everywhere I go at breakneck speed? Is there really any point in "racing" something you've no chance of beating, let alone staying with..?

Maybe next time I should "have a dabble" with him in my truck, which is heaps quicker, but he'd have no idea about it. But then, what have i got to prove..?

I'm going to nip out and race a few drop handles with my BMX.
He may not have been paying attention to the lettering on the back of your car, remember you can buy a Spec C(330BHP) that pretty much looks identical to a WRX(unless you're looking closely).
Old 26 September 2005, 10:57 PM
4stringMike
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Having a go against a car you know you can't beat is still worth it sometimes, if anything just because it can give you more of an insight into the relative differences in performance on the road between your car and the 'target' car.

I often have a 'go' regardless - and have seen a few amazing things as a result.
I agree,

I had an interesting encounter with a TVR (Chimaera I think) the other day in my MY01 WRX.

We were stopped at some lights side by side on a 3 lane one way system, and he looked across at my car and said how nice it was and asked what the BHP was. I told him about 230 (as I have an afterburner plus centre decat), at which point we both realised the lights were green and we were holding people up!

So I thought what the hell, lets see what happens! I told my mate who was in the passenger seat that I couldnt beat him, but I'd give it a go anyway! (incidently, the TVR was 2 up aswell)

I had the edge for the first hundred yards or so, but he then caught and passed me fairly comfortably. All pretty much as I would have expected.

Then he caught up with the traffic that had been queuing at the next set of lights, and I was turning off so gave him as I passed him, and he gave a toot.

All in all a pleasant and interesting encounter with a decent and like-minded petrol head!
Old 27 September 2005, 09:45 AM
xlr8
Scooby Regular

sorry...but you're all wrong
we should just sell our 'Japanese super-car rubbish' and buy an Astra

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showt...hreadid=225129

GlobaGB
get back to polishing.....?
Old 27 September 2005, 10:23 AM
globalgb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by xlr8
sorry...but you're all wrong
we should just sell our 'Japanese super-car rubbish' and buy an Astra

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showt...hreadid=225129

GlobaGB
get back to polishing.....?
Oooh.. that was a low one. Anyway its waxing not polishing.
Old 27 September 2005, 11:15 AM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Note to self:
Race everything that overtakes me in my standard WRX.

Anyone know where to get a good luggage net from in case my shopping flies around everywhere in the boot when I'm racing everyone on my way back from Sainsburys..lol..!!
Old 27 September 2005, 01:34 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
I got a Porsche GT3 to blast past me on a dual carriage way once. The sound of his engine was superb. I am glad he thought I was 'worth it' as I doubt the driver would have bothered to treat a Skoda driver for example to such an impressive demo.
Must find a Porsche to check that theory out
Old 27 September 2005, 08:41 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

Modo, modo, modo.....

Its all fun (if safe) like someone has mentioned have a dabble even if its a lambo, i will play with any car or bike in the right conditions cause when something is qiucker its good to see for me for something to pull away, as it dont happen to often.
Old 27 September 2005, 08:43 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by globalgb
Oooh.. that was a low one. Anyway its waxing not polishing.
Mark you need to get bex on here for some promotion for ya. (oh its Martin1 by the way)
Old 27 September 2005, 08:46 PM
Modo
Scooby Regular

Wink

Note to self:
Race everything that overtakes me in my standard WRX.

Anyone know where to get a good luggage net from in case my shopping flies around everywhere in the boot when I'm racing everyone on my way back from Sainsburys..lol..!!
Thats the spirit ;0)
Old 27 September 2005, 08:54 PM
DANGEROUS DAVY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Blue smoke = Oil
Black smoke = fuel

Just running a bit rich.
what about brown smoke