Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which dump valve for my STi PPP 02?

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2005, 05:59 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Which dump valve for my STi PPP 02?

Would a dump valve benefit my car performance wise, or is it just a different sound I will achieve, and if so, which one would you recommend? Thanks! Car is an 02 STi with PPP.
Old 26 September 2005, 06:05 PM
minted_aye
Scooby Regular

I have the same car

I removed an aftermarket one and fitted back a brand new original part, the noise was getting on my nerves and Subaru said it would make no diffrence to the performance and they were correct, we have a much better dump valve on our cars than the original design / prior shape scooby

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
Would a dump valve benefit my car performance wise, or is it just a different sound I will achieve, and if so, which one would you recommend? Thanks! Car is an 02 STi with PPP.
Old 26 September 2005, 06:06 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
If your car is running standard boost then there is no "performance reason" to change the existing recirc dump valve. If your car has been mapped to run higher than standard boost then there may be reliability problems with a standard recirc dump valve, in which case an aftermarket recirc valve should be fitted.

VTA (vent to atmosphere) dump valves give you a whoosh or whistle and no performance advantage. In fact they may give you a performance disadvantage as you are jettisoning metered air, meaning the mixture in the cylinders will be too rich for a short period after the air is vented.