Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you reckon warrenty claim?

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2005, 09:14 PM
scoobiestu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down what do you reckon warrenty claim?

i recently brought my my00 scoob from a local ford dealer it has 100k on the clock. i got a 6 mth engne axle and transmission warrenty on the car,
I have found a few problems with the scooby the clutch release bearing is rattley and there is a slight cruntch when you engage 5th gear at 4k rpm +.
also the idle is slightly lumpy with the car juddering abit like its missing ( not the normal flat four sound btw!) and while driving there is slight surging
and tonight i floored in second and there was no boost changed to third and it was ok???

should all of these be honoured under my warrenty? if not im in s**t
Old 25 September 2005, 09:27 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

bet they will put it all down to wear and tear
Old 25 September 2005, 09:31 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobiestu
i recently brought my my00 scoob from a local ford dealer it has 100k on the clock. i got a 6 mth engne axle and transmission warrenty on the car,
I have found a few problems with the scooby the clutch release bearing is rattley and there is a slight cruntch when you engage 5th gear at 4k rpm +.
also the idle is slightly lumpy with the car juddering abit like its missing ( not the normal flat four sound btw!) and while driving there is slight surging
and tonight i floored in second and there was no boost changed to third and it was ok???

Were none of these faults apparent on the test drive? Take the car back and point out the faults firstly. Remain polite and give the dealer an opportunity to put right any wrongs.If that doesn't work come back.
Old 25 September 2005, 09:37 PM
scoobiestu
Scooby Regular

no none were aparent on test drive only had the car 2 weeks gonna try the dealer i will keep you posted!
Old 25 September 2005, 09:51 PM
ScooBStu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiestu

Mine has a slight crunch into fifth like you say - Not sure if it is a sign of the gearbox going.

The lack of boost in second gear is normal - Should you keep the car in 2nd for a small amount of time whilst not accelerating there is lower boost - Something to do with emmissions regulations.

The surging happens on quite a lot of them too - Try cleaning the boost solonoid valve and resetting the ECU - Do a search - It is easy enough.
Old 25 September 2005, 10:03 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I have an MY01 WRX that crunched going into 4th from 3rd or 5th at >3k rpm's.
Turns out it is a pretty common fault and is caused by the nut on the end of the main gear shaft coming loose.

I paid £1588 for a gearbox rebuild last Saturday

I hope your problem is different but it sounds familiar.
[QUOTE=ScooBStu]Mine has a slight crunch into fifth like you say - Not sure if it is a sign of the gearbox going.
QUOTE]
Old 25 September 2005, 10:09 PM
minted_aye
Scooby Regular

Mine had a similar 5th gear problem, going from 4th to 5th, but from 6th to 5th it did not, anyway gearbox was rebuilt, if you let it continue there is risk you will need a new box, as for warranty I personally think they will find a way of not shelling out. A lot of these warranty's you have to pay to get it dismantled, so be careful, once its in bits you are hardly going to leave it like it, if its less than 3 months they will have to sort in any case, and up to 6 months if you have hp/finance on it. contact the finance company directly and dont take any crap.
Old 25 September 2005, 10:22 PM
Kevadair
Scooby Regular

Afraid to say the dealer will hit you with 'wear n tear'............100k on the clock.....run it until its fooked then get the 2.5 rebuild.

Am on 55k on a my01 and is starting to make the odd grumble here and there so am going for the conversion when the times right.
Old 25 September 2005, 10:54 PM
minted_aye
Scooby Regular

That is correct but if he had bought it recently, its covered under the sale of goods act and must be fit for the purpose, they have to resolve the problem, The law changed in 2002 I giving the consumer better protection, he might just get away with it, even sold as seen is covered as you cannot restrict a consumers rights. lets hope he does it will be a nice touch

Originally Posted by Kevadair
Afraid to say the dealer will hit you with 'wear n tear'............100k on the clock.....run it until its fooked then get the 2.5 rebuild.

Am on 55k on a my01 and is starting to make the odd grumble here and there so am going for the conversion when the times right.