Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Road legal noise wanted. New scooby owner!

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2005, 06:28 PM
Terzo 3
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road legal noise wanted. New scooby owner!

Where can i get the loudest road legal exhaust for a 98 impreza terzo 3? And if someone has one do they want to swap for a magnex exhaust (6x4 inch oval)?
Old 19 September 2005, 06:31 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terzo 3
Where can i get the loudest road legal exhaust for a 98 impreza terzo 3? And if someone has one do they want to swap for a magnex exhaust (6x4 inch oval)?
well straight thru pipes,downpipes and general cat removals mean the car isnt "road legal" so if u gonna worry about that then u might aswell stick with the magnex back box, hks and blitz offer very nice n loud packages
Old 23 September 2005, 09:18 AM
Terzo 3
Scooby Newbie

I've already got a decat pipe. I don't want to encourage the coppers to pull me over any more than I have to. I was alongside another impreza the other day and we both had it wound on, but I couldn't hear my car over his. It sounded sweet.
Old 23 September 2005, 12:05 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Terzo 3
I've already got a decat pipe. I don't want to encourage the coppers to pull me over any more than I have to. I was alongside another impreza the other day and we both had it wound on, but I couldn't hear my car over his. It sounded sweet.
H&S do great sounding exhausts for Scoobies mate. They made the original Scoobysport design. They can make it as loud or quiet as you like, but I wouldn't go too crazy with the volume, you'll probably annoy as many people as you impress (including yourself). When it comes to scoobies, depth and tone is as important as all out volume, which can become wearing from the inside. I find that my H&S original scooby design backbox turns heads for the right reasons, I think if you go for this backbox with a fulll decat, the noise levels are about 89db, which is plenty loud enough and will mean that the car will be ok for any trackdays you might want to attend.

I heard how mine sounded from outside of the car for the first time when i took it to Xtreme and -although I'm biased- I have to say I was genuinely delighted with the noise. Sound good from inside the cabin too!

NS04