ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Warning..

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2000, 01:05 PM
Martin Stirling
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is a warning to anyone contemplating buying a car from Technicar in Derby. I have been after a nearly new Evo 6 for a while and I came across a white one being advertised for sale at Technicar, price £25k ish. The car, I was told, has 900 miles on it and was 'as new', so with this I took a trip up to Derby from London on Saturday to have a look.

To be quite honest, I was not pleased with what I found. Firstly, all Evo 6's come with Bridgestone Potenza's as standard, this car had a set of cheap budget tyres on that I had never heard of. Evo tyres last about 10k miles, so this would mean that the car has done at least this!! This raised my suspicions immediately. Secondly, a car with only 900 miles on wouldn't have even been fully run in, yet this car had badly brake dust stained wheels and very worn and lipped disks! The final straw was the state of the engine and the interior. A car with 900 miles should have a gleaming engine and inside, this engine was not a spanker and the interior had a definate lived in look.

In defence of the dealer, he claimed not to know anything about all this, but I find it somewhat hard to believe that he could buy a car without questioning it's genuiness.

I leave you all to decide if the car is dodgy..

Martin Stirling.
Old 25 September 2000, 01:18 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Surely any dealer worth his salt would have spotted all the things that you had.

Well left alone methinks....