ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

UK Sti PPP problems and advice please

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2005, 11:31 PM
minted_aye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb UK Sti PPP problems and advice please

I have a 2002 uk sti with the prodrive pack, the turbo lag recently seemed to be getting worse, so booked it into Subaru as it was due a service in any case, when I picked the car up, as I pulled away the revs dropped quite badly, I took it back and they could find no fault, anyway I bought one of these voltage controllers which sits in line with the battery from ebay, and must admit cured the voltage / revs dropping, some days it drives perfect and very smooth other days it has hessitation, but the power is always there when required.

Any ideas, I have even went back to a standard dump valve just in case, as subaru said it could affect the airflow sensor Bla Bla Bla, so changed it just in case, the car is standard apart from that.

I am also looking to get another 20-30 bhp from the car without silly mods, the car is running pirelli tyres and are due for a changed soon, what is the best tyre for this car, I had goodyear on my r33 gtr vspec and felt much better than the toyos I removed, are toyo t1r's the going tyre's for this car?
Old 17 September 2005, 11:57 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by minted_aye
I have a 2002 uk sti with the prodrive pack, the turbo lag recently seemed to be getting worse, so booked it into Subaru as it was due a service in any case, when I picked the car up, as I pulled away the revs dropped quite badly, I took it back and they could find no fault, anyway I bought one of these voltage controllers which sits in line with the battery from ebay, and must admit cured the voltage / revs dropping, some days it drives perfect and very smooth other days it has hessitation, but the power is always there when required.

Any ideas, I have even went back to a standard dump valve just in case, as subaru said it could affect the airflow sensor Bla Bla Bla, so changed it just in case, the car is standard apart from that.

I am also looking to get another 20-30 bhp from the car without silly mods, the car is running pirelli tyres and are due for a changed soon, what is the best tyre for this car, I had goodyear on my r33 gtr vspec and felt much better than the toyos I removed, are toyo t1r's the going tyre's for this car?
hi m8, got the same car as you, just had the ppp fitted about 2mths ago. was having problems myself, no low down grunt as if the ppp wasn't fitted. turned out it was the turbo/downpipe gasket leaking before the sensor, in the end.(after about 4 attempts by Subaru) runs smooth now pulls like ****, happy for now with ppp, see what end of warranty brings

hope you sort it

Lee
Old 18 September 2005, 09:43 AM
minted_aye
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that lee, I will have this checked out