Sponsored by:

PalmerSport Bedford

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2005, 10:34 AM
EBRWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PalmerSport Bedford

What a fantastic day I had yesterday. Not sure if too many people know about it, or whether they take non-corporate individuals but the link is Here. Rev limiter only on the single seater but set at 6,500 and with plenty of run off and very few barriers these cars can all be pushed to the max. Obviously if you drive like a tosser they will pull you out of the car. Spinning at 100 mph with the instructor laughing his head of at your ineptness is bloody funny, after you've recovered your stomach.

To cut a long story short 8 different driving events and of 112 drivers yesterday I came 14th which I'm over the moon with as I'm nothing more than a very happy average Scooby driver. Came 4th overall in the Evo VI on a short wet track with the instructor controlling the handbrake. The result surprised me, as did the Evo handling which was none too shabby, but the instructor was suitably impressed with me.

The Nissan 350Z was interesting, straight after doing the same track in a V6 Jaguar. Though the steering feels light and it's a 280hp V6 rear wheel drive I was very impressed with the handling and response.

Throwing a Renault Clio Cup Racer with sequential gearbox round a 1.8 mile track with the instructor screaming in your ear telling you to brake about a second after you've already **** your pants was probably my favourite.

When the day finished it took a heck of a lot to get back into the Scooby and drive it the 90 miles home without driving like a prize plank.

Presumably others on here must have done this day?

For the rich buggers and for £5K there's also an intensive weekend leading to two full races in Formula Palmer Audi and (I believe) a full racing license.