Sponsored by:

New scooby from car supermarkets

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2005, 10:02 AM
ycymro
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New scooby from car supermarkets

Had my MY04 WRX nicked a couple of weeks ago, doubt I'll ever see it again. Still waiting on the insurance cheque and have been looking at unreg'd WRXs at various car supermarkets. All seem to be EU imports - obvious things to look out for ( spec', colour, pan EU warranty ), downsides seem to be no free ( !! ) PPP upgrade, no breakdown cover, crap after sales service. Anybody think of any thing else before I part with the cash ?
Old 11 September 2005, 10:08 AM
catmeat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ycymro
Had my MY04 WRX nicked a couple of weeks ago, doubt I'll ever see it again. Still waiting on the insurance cheque and have been looking at unreg'd WRXs at various car supermarkets. All seem to be EU imports - obvious things to look out for ( spec', colour, pan EU warranty ), downsides seem to be no free ( !! ) PPP upgrade, no breakdown cover, crap after sales service. Anybody think of any thing else before I part with the cash ?
Would u be saving alot on buying a scoob from one of theses supermarkets?if not i would go to your local dealer,its one thing buying the car but its another with no decent back up in the months to come.
Old 11 September 2005, 10:15 AM
ycymro
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by catmeat
Would u be saving alot on buying a scoob from one of theses supermarkets?if not i would go to your local dealer,its one thing buying the car but its another with no decent back up in the months to come.
could be up to £4K ( EXC' the PPP ) - will fund a holiday in New Zealand !!!
Old 11 September 2005, 10:23 AM
catmeat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ycymro
could be up to £4K ( EXC' the PPP ) - will fund a holiday in New Zealand !!!
4K would be a great saving just be aware of the furture incase somthing goes wrong and u have no come bk,u could end up putting that 4k bk in the car,i can see y its worth the risk,so how much for a wrx otr?
Old 11 September 2005, 02:22 PM
fgn
Scooby Regular

warranty no problem. have an EU 05 wrx had several items replaced/looked at by dealer with no problems. including rear shocks and diff crossmember.

3 yr warranty, plus the seats are better...

Originally Posted by catmeat
4K would be a great saving just be aware of the furture incase somthing goes wrong and u have no come bk,u could end up putting that 4k bk in the car,i can see y its worth the risk,so how much for a wrx otr?
Old 11 September 2005, 03:06 PM
patkin
Scooby Regular

Its a no brainer, PPP is fine if you want it, but many people dont including whoever you want to sell to in the future (what would you rather have, standard or one that had been running around churning out an extra 40 horses since new ?. The support from the Subaru service network is still forthcoming and if you find a decent garage they will not persecute you for buying from Europe.
Old 11 September 2005, 07:46 PM
MarkGArgyle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by patkin
Its a no brainer, PPP is fine if you want it, but many people dont including whoever you want to sell to in the future (what would you rather have, standard or one that had been running around churning out an extra 40 horses since new ?. The support from the Subaru service network is still forthcoming and if you find a decent garage they will not persecute you for buying from Europe.
Patkin, do you have any experience in South Wales with the dealers supporting EU car warranties & servicing?

Trending Topics

Old 11 September 2005, 08:09 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

Might save 4 grand now .... how much will you lose when you come to trade it in or sell it in the future??

Plus, I would have to disagree about the PPP .... I would actually look for a car with this fitted!
Old 11 September 2005, 10:50 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5 69
Might save 4 grand now .... how much will you lose when you come to trade it in or sell it in the future??

Plus, I would have to disagree about the PPP .... I would actually look for a car with this fitted!
cant see that making any difference might even be less
you buy for 25k sell in 3 years 18k uk
you buy for 20k sell in 3 years 14k eu..... and now no warranty
if both had full Subaru servicing which would you buy