Super Lock

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2005, 04:04 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Super Lock

Afternoon All

Found myself reading the manual of my 05 STi at the weekend and came across a feature on the alarm that they call "Super Lock" where it basically puts the alarm in a mode whereby it ignores the remote key fobs and the only way to get it to disarm is by punching in the code again.

Obviously by doing this the manual states that when you open the doors it will trigger off the alarm however if someone breaks into your house, say while you're away for a few days, and gets hold of your keyfob then the alarm will ignore it and they (in theory) won't be able to drive your car away

Has anyone tried using this feature and what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Andy
Old 05 September 2005, 05:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Yup, good feature and have used it once whilst away. The "Autolock" feature which locks the doors when the ignition is turned on, and unlocks when turned off is good too
Old 05 September 2005, 07:14 PM
Manners
Scooby Regular

I always use it if the car is left at the airport as it saves battery power because it isn't scanning for a signal from the key fob.
Old 05 September 2005, 08:31 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies guys

Corradoboy - does the Autolock feature have to be turned on by the dealer?

Manners - does the alarm scanning for the key fobs use that much power?
Old 05 September 2005, 08:52 PM
remfanuk
Scooby Regular

is this a feature available only on the new age cars?
Old 05 September 2005, 09:22 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Not sure Remfan, I must admit I don't remember it being on my old 02 WRX and defo not sure about the classics.
Old 05 September 2005, 09:29 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by remfanuk
is this a feature available only on the new age cars?
Yep had superlock on my MY99 , just make sure you know the pin number for your car because you need this to stop the alarm and turn off the superlock feature. A lot of hastle if you have the wrong pin though
Old 05 September 2005, 09:45 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IN THE STICKS
Yep had superlock on my MY99 , just make sure you know the pin number for your car because you need this to stop the alarm and turn off the superlock feature. A lot of hastle if you have the wrong pin though
Sounds like someone had experience of this one
Old 05 September 2005, 09:56 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by T4molie
Sounds like someone had experience of this one
Bought my lastest (MY03) back in May as a used Subaru from a Subaru dealer , the car didn't have the pin number with it , got the number from the dealer (they're on their system) and last month enabled the superlock only to find that the pin was wrong it seems my car was on the system twice and they gave me the wrong pin . Anyway Subaru assistance arrived the next day and the guy managed to 'power down the alarm' and we got the remotes to work again , but he said it was rare for this to work and the only other solution is to take it to a dealers (via trailer)and get done there if you don't know the pin .

Since then the car has been in the dealers 3 times and Subaru assistace have been another 2 times (once on the back of a trailer) with immobiliser problems , which I'm now told are caused by a fault on the Tracker .Allof this started when I enabled the poxy superlock with the wrong pin .......deep breathes ...calm......calm...

Dave
Old 05 September 2005, 10:02 PM
remfanuk
Scooby Regular

two questions...how do you initiate super lock, i have a 2000 classic? and...is there a safe way of deactivating the immobiliser using the keypad that isnt gonna lock me out!? i assume that the keypad only activates/deactivates the immobiliser right? so if the car is locked using the key fob, then unlocked by using the key in the door, that is when the keypad comes into its own. i have a code to enter, but unsure if its correct and dont want a dead car on the drive.
Old 05 September 2005, 10:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by T4molie
Corradoboy - does the Autolock feature have to be turned on by the dealer?
No, read your instructions again Turn on ignition, press fob to flash LED once, press 4 on keypad, turn off ignition. To switch off, repeat but press 5 on keypad.

When activated the doors will lock when the ignition is turned on. To temporarily overide the feature, for example when wanting to start the engine and then exit the vehicle to clear snow/ice etc, simply turn on the ignition whilst the drivers door is still open (indicators will flash to confirm this). Use the switch on the door to open/close the doors at any time whilst the engine is still running thereafter.
Old 05 September 2005, 10:33 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Nice one

Reading's not been one of my strong points, having said that I must do a fair bit of it on here
Old 06 September 2005, 11:31 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by IN THE STICKS
Guys,
Checking your PIN
To check that you have the correct PIN for your vehicle (to deactivate the Super Lock feature in this instance), simply sit in the car, close the doors and enter the PIN that you have into the keypad. If the PIN is correct the alarm system will arm. Disarm the system by entering the PIN again or using your Radio Key.
If the PIN that you entered does not arm the system (the LED built-in to the Keypad will also flash several times to confirm that the digits entered are not recognised), then provided you have a working Radio Key, you can set up your own PIN to a more memorable number. This applies if you bought a car without the PIN or just wish to change it so the previous owner cannot disarm your system
Changing your PIN
To do this:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

Super Lock & Safety/Auto Lock
The Super Lock and Safety/Auto Lock features are available on all Subaru models equipped with the Sigma M30 (from 99 model year). The Safety/Auto Lock feature is not available on 04-06MY Legacy.

Safety/Auto Lock
With this feature activated the doors will lock/unlock automatically when ignition is turned on/off. On 04-06MY vehicles with double/dead locking this feature only single locks the vehicle whilst the ignition is on for occupant safety. Once turned on this feature will remain active until turned off

To turn the feature on:
- With the ignition on, press button 4 on the keypad briefly.
- Turn the igniton off within 5 seconds.

It may be necessary to arm/disarm the system and turn the ignition on/off several times before the feature starts to operate

To turn the feature off:
- With the ignition on, press button 5 on the keypad briefly.

Super Lock
With this feature activated the alarm and immobiliser can only be deactivated using PIN and Keypad. Aswell as providing a degree of key-theft protection the system's radio receiver board shuts down reducing current consumption from 15mA to that of just the LED when armed - ot sufficient to be noticeable unless leaving your vehicle for over 3 weeks. When required this feature needs to be activated each time the vehicle is left.

To activate:
- With the ignition on, press button 9 on the keypad briefly.

- The alarm can be armed and the vehicle locked with the Radio Key in the normal way before the radio receiver shuts down.

Details of these and other features can be found in the operating instructions. A copy of these can be found in a link at the following if required.

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subarutalk/viewtopic.php?t=2476

SS

Old 06 September 2005, 12:27 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Go back to my friends house (where I'd left my car) after a two week holiday in Portugal. Car was superlocked. Tried entering the PIN in the dark, with the alarm going off, and lets just say my finger tips aren't that small. Couldn't get the damn thing to turn off. Gave up after a while and then read in the book that after two or three failed PIN entries the system won't let you try again for an hour. It was getting late by then so I ended up staying at my friends, was looking forward to my own bed that night and had purposefully stayed sober all day so I could drive home

Turned off the alarm at the first attempt in the morning
Old 06 September 2005, 01:05 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Sigma Sam... nice one, much appreciated

Andy
Old 06 September 2005, 11:41 PM
remfanuk
Scooby Regular

yeah thanks for the comprehensive intstructions there mate, well appreciated.