Sponsored by:

Stop the fuel hike

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2005, 07:39 PM
imprezyou
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stop the fuel hike

I think its time for the fuel strikes again.......aggree or disagree , perhaps they will listen and drop the price a little. Somethings gotta be done......perhaps someone on here can set up a mass rally of scoobs to number 10. What fun, a few hundread scoobs reeving up outside mr blairs office ,we may even get on the 6 oclock news. We pay enough taxes...tax on this tax on that , hard working class people being shafted again, crippling insurances costs to, if the prices carry on like this then the scoob will either have to go or just be used at weekends. In time to come only the rich will be able to afford to run a scoob .
Old 04 September 2005, 07:46 PM
bengsi
Scooby Regular

Agreed! 100.9p per litre is killing me!
Old 04 September 2005, 07:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezyou
I think its time for the fuel strikes again.......aggree or disagree , perhaps they will listen and drop the price a little. Somethings gotta be done......perhaps someone on here can set up a mass rally of scoobs to number 10. What fun, a few hundread scoobs reeving up outside mr blairs office ,we may even get on the 6 oclock news. We pay enough taxes...tax on this tax on that , hard working class people being shafted again, crippling insurances costs to, if the prices carry on like this then the scoob will either have to go or just be used at weekends. In time to come only the rich will be able to afford to run a scoob .
You organise it, I'll support ya!
Old 04 September 2005, 07:56 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

same price in bury st edmunds its totally filthy
Old 04 September 2005, 08:01 PM
atlas rsv4
Scooby Regular

Puts US prices in perspective... We're whining here over $3/gal... I think thats about 55p/liter or so.
Old 04 September 2005, 08:03 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

you find the extra 7.5 billion in tax loss and I am sure they will knock £1 off a gallon in tax
Old 04 September 2005, 08:08 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp
you find the extra 7.5 billion in tax loss and I am sure they will knock £1 off a gallon in tax
get the 2.7 million off incapacity benefit that should do it £102.9p a litre what a fecking rip off
Old 04 September 2005, 08:11 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

why do people compare to the us two different countries, different taxes different spending policies

Did you know the uk government is £480 billion in debt, the us $7,900 billion in debt.
Old 04 September 2005, 08:13 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

why do people compare to the us two different countries, different taxes different spending policies

Did you know the uk government is £480 billion in debt, the us $7,900 billion in debt.
A good point mate, but don't you think it's getting a bit steep?
Old 04 September 2005, 08:14 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

The increases are due to reasons beyond the control of the govt. It is not due to tax increases. If they reduced fuel duty they would need to raise the same amount some other way and you might end up worse off. Protests will not achieve what you want.

Please read the attached.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=112
Old 04 September 2005, 08:22 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

I dont like paying tax but you only need to know a little about business and economics to understand if you loose icome from one area then you need to get from another its a simple balance sheet to make the figures add up. Its not difficult to understand.
Old 04 September 2005, 08:29 PM
atlas rsv4
Scooby Regular

Where did you get that number from? Do you mean collectively, the citizens of the US are in that much debt? Or do you mean the US budget deficit, or the national deficit - both of which are not $7,900 billion.

Also, I was only comparing the two countries as a way of saying I ought to consider other nations prices before I complain about what I pay.
Old 04 September 2005, 08:34 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Ahh yes but as somebody who uses my personal transport regularly bike car etc I am being taxed more the people who dont. Therefore I would rather all tax was income based then we could all pay the true prices for products.
Old 04 September 2005, 08:52 PM
remfanuk
Scooby Regular

its all immaterial lads....when they bring out road charging by the mile we will look back on this time fondly, as a time when we could just get in the car and drive cos we wanted some fun. i hate the cost of fuel and agree and understand all the arguments above...whatever happens it will only be a temporary measure...the spectre of road pricing by individuals miles is what needs our attention.
Old 04 September 2005, 08:56 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

I did a small bout in economics and what always confused me was the fact that the government can get the bank of england to print off as much money as they like. So why the huge national debt
Old 04 September 2005, 09:03 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by atlas rsv4
Puts US prices in perspective... We're whining here over $3/gal... I think thats about 55p/liter or so.

Works out were paying more than $8/gallon over here, wish we could pay US prices for fuel, it's all the goverments fault.
Old 04 September 2005, 09:09 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Get the fun under your belt 'cos it ain't gunna last!
Old 04 September 2005, 09:19 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by atlas rsv4
Where did you get that number from? Do you mean collectively, the citizens of the US are in that much debt? Or do you mean the US budget deficit, or the national deficit - both of which are not $7,900 billion.

Also, I was only comparing the two countries as a way of saying I ought to consider other nations prices before I complain about what I pay.

go onto google and type us debt, btw what do you think the figure is ?

edited to say it wasnt a go at you its just these debates usually end up with they pay loads less in the us. Just trying to say its two different countries with different policies and taxes.

Last edited by chrisp; 04 September 2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04 September 2005, 09:45 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

The BBC website makes me laugh, they recon from a survey they've had says the average fuel price across the UK is 92.5p alitre.

The only prices I've seen across Wales and the south west starts from 94.5p alitre plus.
Old 04 September 2005, 09:48 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

I dont like paying tax but you only need to know a little about business and economics to understand if you loose icome from one area then you need to get from another its a simple balance sheet to make the figures add up. Its not difficult to understand.
Ok then, lets stop paying all those fecking illegal immigrants benefits and housing etc. and kick 'em out! That'll save a fair old whack!
Old 04 September 2005, 10:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imprezyou
In time to come only the rich will be able to afford to run a scoob .
EXCELLENT!!!!

Get the peasants OFF the road and clear them for ME!!!

Pete
Old 04 September 2005, 10:33 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pslewis
EXCELLENT!!!!

Get the peasants OFF the road and clear them for ME!!!

Pete
I agree, make it £1.50 a litre to keep chavs in imprezas/corsas off the road

p.s. Im phobic about hanging modifiers
Old 04 September 2005, 11:33 PM
pabs
Scooby Regular

The answer isn't always to just throw money at problems (Which is a common government policy) - cutting out red tape and making things more efficient is another option! There is no reason why taxes can't be cut...the balance sheet isn't just one sided!
Old 04 September 2005, 11:40 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Scary things is,

Everybody protests, govenment backs down, says "Your right. the current system is unfair lets scrap it".....

....and setup pay per mile motoring with electronic vehicle tracking instead :

(essentially the same thing as fuel tax except the latter will cost ££££££££££££ to implement and will never work properly anyway due to rot of incompetance that undermines almost every UK based venture )
Old 05 September 2005, 12:38 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by budgie55
I did a small bout in economics and what always confused me was the fact that the government can get the bank of england to print off as much money as they like. So why the huge national debt
That's like a "how2" guide for inflation
Old 05 September 2005, 12:49 AM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

Heres the way i see it. I understand no probs that we need taxes to pay for stuff. But, and its a big BUT, when the rip off Govt were working out their finances surely they would not have taken into account the high oil price as nobody knew it was gonna be at record levels, so therefore the books would have been balanced with taxes/revenue from elsewhere.
Now they are obviously absolutely raking it in and i think that it would go a long way if they took a couple of pence off or more, per litre as a "good will gesture" until the price of oil came back down again.
I know it wont happen but i cant see any reason why they couldnt do it..oh apart from the fact that theyre a bunch of greedy rip off ****'s!!!!
Old 05 September 2005, 01:09 AM
mushkinee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Scary things is,

Everybody protests, govenment backs down, says "Your right. the current system is unfair lets scrap it".....

....and setup pay per mile motoring with electronic vehicle tracking instead :

(essentially the same thing as fuel tax except the latter will cost ££££££££££££ to implement and will never work properly anyway due to rot of incompetance that undermines almost every UK based venture )
hope ur right!
Old 05 September 2005, 01:23 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

We are the ones who are suppose to dictate prices not them... I think we can get anything we want if we all are willing to work toward it, TOGETHER!!. Problem is most people are too lazy to get up and support things then grumble when things dont go how they like.
Old 05 September 2005, 01:31 AM
baddermans
BANNED

well who told him to go to fu#kin war against iraq ?

what about all that money smartass

Old 05 September 2005, 01:33 AM
baddermans
BANNED

like i said who told them to go to war.

Quick Reply: Stop the fuel hike