Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best baby seat for Classic saloon. Recaro?

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2005, 07:49 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best baby seat for Classic saloon. Recaro?

My wee 4 month old son (aaawwwwww....) needs a new seat as he's outgrown his all in one buggy / seat combo... I quickly looked at the Recaro range but TBH not 100% on them... tried a couple of Graco seats @ my local mothercar but nothing as cooool as the Recaro however saftey is my main concern so not bothered about makes..

What do you lot recomend?
Old 14 August 2005, 08:05 PM
scoobystuff
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work for a company that sell the recaro child's seats. My son "charlie" was 6 months and approx 15lbs in weight when we bought him a recaro. Recaro in my eyes do make the best child's seats full stop. I took charlie on a 2000 mile round trip to france at 6 months where he sat comfortable and safe in his recaro seat. Ring my boss martyn on 01792 468800 monday he is fully trained at recaro seats and can explain to you professionally the differences between each seat etc.

They do look cool but much more importantly they do what they suppose to do keep your family safe and comfortable.
Old 14 August 2005, 08:11 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobystuff
i work for a company that sell the recaro child's seats. My son "charlie" was 6 months and approx 15lbs in weight when we bought him a recaro. Recaro in my eyes do make the best child's seats full stop. I took charlie on a 2000 mile round trip to france at 6 months where he sat comfortable and safe in his recaro seat. Ring my boss martyn on 01792 468800 monday he is fully trained at recaro seats and can explain to you professionally the differences between each seat etc.

They do look cool but much more importantly they do what they suppose to do keep your family safe and comfortable.
Well my wee boy is 17lbs and 4.5 months old... is there a recaro option to suit?

Who do you work for? pm me if you preffer, cheers.. my problem is trying them out.. I can buy them online but need to try first and Halfrauds only have a limited selection
Old 14 August 2005, 08:24 PM
scoobystuff
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recaro

Originally Posted by SCOOBYD00
Well my wee boy is 17lbs and 4.5 months old... is there a recaro option to suit?

Who do you work for? pm me if you preffer, cheers.. my problem is trying them out.. I can buy them online but need to try first and Halfrauds only have a limited selection

the company is called fastlane martyn the guy you need to talk with should be able to find out if there is a dealer in your area as i agree you deffo need to try them out. halfords only stock 1 of 6 seats and i dont think its the 1 you need, i think its for older kids http://www.recaro.com/englisch/produ...ackgrey_gr.jpg

dont know if the link works, this is the seat "charlie" has RECARO Young Expert

> ECE-Group: I
> 9 - 18 kg
> 9 months- 4,5 years

hope this helps but it may be worth a call tomorrow 01792 468800 i will chat with him in the morning to tell him to expect your call.

neil

Last edited by scoobystuff; 14 August 2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 14 August 2005, 08:33 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

the company is called fastlane martyn the guy you need to talk with should be able to find out if there is a dealer in your area as i agree you deffo need to try them out. halfords only stock 1 of 6 seats and i dont think its the 1 you need, i think its for older kids http://www.recaro.com/englisch/produ...ackgrey_gr.jpg

> 9 - 18 kg
> 9 months- 4,5 years

hope this helps but it may be worth a call tomorrow 01792 468800 i will chat with him in the morning to tell him to expect your call.

neil
We will do. That seat in the link looks perfect. Assuming it fits *correctly in a classic I'm interested. Some of the Graco seats did not allow the seat belt to lock/engage correctly and rubbed against the seat meaning it *could pop out in the event of an accident... wil try that number tomorrow. Cheers
Old 14 August 2005, 08:38 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

> 9 - 18 kg
> 9 months- 4,5 years

neil
This is the one... matches my STi seats!

http://www.recaro.com/englisch/produ...t_proracer.jpg