Sponsored by:

New Member & Am Already Asking For This Site's Help

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2005, 06:27 PM
Getsum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Member & Am Already Asking For This Site's Help

Hello all, I was directed to this site with the hopes someone here could help me out. I'm an American and was just assigned here about 6 months ago. I lived in Japan for the last 15 years and brought over my tricked out WRX. Well last week someone was nice enough to come on to my property and steal the Hood, grill, radiator, right headlight and turn signal. I live in the Ely area, there was a woman in a nearby town who had her front bumper stolen off her Imprezza the week prior to my theft as well.

It appears as though someone with a WRX crashed there car, probably a front, right hand, accident and they simply went shopping at my expense. I am so mad I could spit nails and would love nothing more than to get my hands on these slobs.

So, here I am turning to your community for help and any possible information you may have on the people who stole my parts. The grill and hood were painted Calsonic Blue. I was told there are some police who are members of this site and that they may be able to help out. Stuart out of Virtual Reality/ VR Ice was the one who informed me of this site.

I'm sure it wasn't one of you, but maybe you know or saw a car that had been wrecked and is now sporting new parts. The local Police in Ely "investigated" for a whole day and called me back and said they gave up and couldn't help. Any information can be sent via e-mail and you don't have to give your name. Just point me in the right direction and I'll take care of the problem from there. There are specific things about these parts that I can identify, I only need the chance.

If anyone has a bonnet and grill for a 95 WRX at a decent price, please let me know. I can buy it in Japan but then there's the shipping for such a large panel. All the rest of the parts are already on thier way

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have strong contacts in Japan and can probably get you anything you need for your cars. I'm also going to be importing various sports cars on the side too. It would be great to sort this out and make aquantices with you all. This post was also put up at scoobycity in case any of you are having dejavu, Thanks, Lee
Old 05 August 2005, 06:34 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Sorry to here that there are some low lifes about.

As you say wouldn't be anyone on SN, good hunting
Old 05 August 2005, 06:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear your story fella. I absolutely detest theives.

The guys on here will be more then happy to help - although I'd suggest PM to be a sensible route.

Goodluck

JT
Old 06 August 2005, 08:54 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Ask around some of your local repair garages - there probably arent that many Imprezas in your area, so they may know of one thats crashed recently and the owners bought it in for a repair quote ?

And try local scrap yards and see if anyone has been in asking for any of the parts you're missing.

It sounds like its probably someone very local to you has done it - seen your car and the other womans parked up and earmarked them for parts.

The other possibility is that its actually a garage has stolen the parts - customer takes car in for repair, garage quotes price for new parts, then gets the parts stolen to order - have a drive around local ones and see if any have a damaged Impreza parked outside !

I'm sure the police investigation wasnt that thorough as they dont really have time or motivation to spend days looking around - they probably checked the computer for recently reported accidents and that was it.
Old 06 August 2005, 09:10 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Low life scum hope you get it sorted and if you catch the thiving ******* give them a slap from me, Oh and welcome aborad too
Cheers
Colin
Old 06 August 2005, 03:27 PM
Getsum
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb Police "Investigation"

Oh no, if the police went that far it would have been a gift. Instead, they told me that thier system can't track accidents by vehicle type. Then, they went on to tell me what an old crappy system it was. I was amazed beyond belief. Not just because they have outdated systems which are of absolutely no help in solving crimes, but is was as though they were looking for sympathy because of what they were forced to work with. I just hung up the phone Trust me, if you want the crime solved, you're better off calling Mr. Bean than the cops; at least he means to be funny.

I've been calling the local repair shops, as soon as they hear my accent and the story, they just laugh. I guess this is just the way it is here.

I am having a hell of a time trying to find a used WRX bonnet (hood). When I do find one, they are asking 250-300 pounds for it and another 30 for the grill. The rest of the parts that got ripped off I got for free from my partner in Japan.

If anyone hears of a bonnet available, I'd greatly appreciate it if you let me know... After I get this car repaired, I'm selling it. It's simply not worth the hassle, stress, and worry wondering when someones going to try and steal parts, or the car itself. I guess I need to buy a 1979 rusty Volvo with bald tires. Maybe, just maybe, that won't get nicked.
Old 06 August 2005, 06:35 PM
stoneysport
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I have one on mine ..............

I would sell it or swap+cash for a face lift one,

I had a face lift one all sprayed up ready to fit and some t*sser stole it from my garage after paying £150 for it and then getting it sprayed

There is usually a few on E-bay the earlier ones are usually easier to
get hold of its the later face lift lift ones (97 on) that are rarer to find.
Hence the problems im having

Cheers Lee

Trending Topics

Old 06 August 2005, 06:52 PM
Getsum
Scooby Regular

Default Hunt for the Bonnet and Grill Resumes

Here's my car, prior to the theft anyways. How much are you asking for the bonnet/grill? You can PM if you want. BTW, very nice car, it would seem we have similar tastes? Thanks, Lee
Old 06 August 2005, 07:09 PM
stoneysport
Scooby Regular

PM sent

Just looked at map you live miles away from me im on south coast

Last edited by stoneysport; 06 August 2005 at 07:15 PM.