Sponsored by:

Impreza turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2005, 01:06 AM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza turbo

I have an my97 uk turbo, sometimes i put my foot down in second gear and it really goes really quick much quicker than normal the rev counter bounces up much faster than usual put it in 3rd gear revs go straight up to 6000 rpm in no time Has anyone had this in their scoobys? turbo, wrx ,wrx stis? Its is every now and then and i wonder what it could be the ecu playing tricks giving more boost? I have got an decat downpipe k and n induction kit and afterburner backbox on my car
Old 01 August 2005, 07:00 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I notice a difference in pull, depending on the tempreture, is lots quicker on damp mornings than sunny afternoons.
Old 01 August 2005, 08:58 PM
JCScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ukturbo
I have an my97 uk turbo, sometimes i put my foot down in second gear and it really goes really quick much quicker than normal the rev counter bounces up much faster than usual put it in 3rd gear revs go straight up to 6000 rpm in no time Has anyone had this in their scoobys? turbo, wrx ,wrx stis? Its is every now and then and i wonder what it could be the ecu playing tricks giving more boost? I have got an decat downpipe k and n induction kit and afterburner backbox on my car
just wondering, how loud is it with the de-cat pipe?
Old 02 August 2005, 11:43 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
I notice a difference in pull, depending on the tempreture, is lots quicker on damp mornings than sunny afternoons.
Cool! Cant wait for it to get cold again
Old 02 August 2005, 11:46 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JCScooby
just wondering, how loud is it with the de-cat pipe?
Hi cookstar i got the scoobyworld afterburner vortex backbox first and it was loud but when i got the afterburner decat pipe it made it even louder and i can hear the turbo whistling too get one you will not regret it!
Old 03 August 2005, 12:31 AM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Not to scare yah,

But, if this has just started to do this, i would book the car into the nearest garage for a good looking over, i have seen it a few times, the car is going better then it has , and then Bang engine or major component gone.

May not be, but imho i would get it checked.
Old 03 August 2005, 12:38 AM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DevilHimSelf
Not to scare yah,

But, if this has just started to do this, i would book the car into the nearest garage for a good looking over, i have seen it a few times, the car is going better then it has , and then Bang engine or major component gone.

May not be, but imho i would get it checked.
Cheers mate thats the last thing i want a engine replacement

Trending Topics

Old 03 August 2005, 02:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Could be overboosting as a result of the decat downpipe? Don't forget that there is a boost cut in 2nd gear to satisfy noise regs, most of the time, if you're driving normally off boost then put your foot down in second, you'll only get .5 bar boost IIRC. If you're going straight through the gears, or hold the car on boost in second, or lift off after pootling around off boost before giving it some beans, you get the full boost, which -in comparsion- seems MUCH better, maybe you're just experiencing this.

If in dount, get it checked.

NS04