Beware Scoobyworld.co.uk

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2005, 07:41 PM
MarkV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Scoobyworld.co.uk

Hi

saw threads about silvertec bulbs and brightness. I purchased Silvertec repeater bulbs and put them in clear lenses ( purchased from Waxacar on good old e-bay - good quality and supplied with amber bulbs ) instead of amber. Very disappointed with silvertec bulbs practically invisible in day and not much better at night - Indicator silvertec purchased at same time great no problem. Feel like complaining to Scoobynet Ltd but reading discalimers on back of invoice you could drive a bus sideways through their get outs eg Item 1. "errors and ommissions are exempt. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the content of the Scoobyworld web site ( including product information ) is accurate we cannot be held responsible for any errors or ommissions "

I cannot find any ref to bulbs being E approved on packaging or bulb - I have been ill and could not return within their 7 day period so I expect grief when I complain - what concerns me is this get out at item 1. are they trying to say that they can advertise wholly inaccurate copy and then say "sorry" bad luck. Surely trade description, sale of goods act cannot be overriden by this clause - the bulbs are not up to job!

Be warned?

Last edited by MarkV; 31 July 2005 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Spulling Mitaucks
Old 31 July 2005, 07:43 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Scoobynet Ltd ?
Old 31 July 2005, 07:45 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Scoobyworld surely?
Old 31 July 2005, 07:46 PM
MarkV
Scooby Regular

Default Sorry!

Originally Posted by GC8
Scoobyworld surely?
Scoobyworld Guys - Doh!

corrected now
Old 31 July 2005, 07:47 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Broadly speaking, if the kit isnt as advertised or fit for purpose, then the supplier has little option but refund you; you are correct in that accepting their terms and conditions can not reduce your rights in law.

Simon
Old 31 July 2005, 07:53 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

If it says there E approved on there web site, like it doe's, surely they have to give you a refund, ive got these bulbs on my car and they flash amber
Old 31 July 2005, 09:13 PM
MarkV
Scooby Regular

Default Tx Guys

QUOTE=Anger]If it says there E approved on there web site, like it doe's, surely they have to give you a refund, ive got these bulbs on my car and they flash amber[/QUOTE]
Tx 4 yr thoughts guys - The bulbs did shine amber but very dim compared to old ones and e-bay amber ones supplied with new clear lenses - I like the siver look ie no "fried egg syndrome" but was concerned with safety - Anger do you think they are bright enough on yr car?

Trending Topics

Old 31 July 2005, 09:59 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

They look bright anoth on my car, i have clear repeater's on mine from scooby world, are yours totally clear mate
Old 31 July 2005, 10:00 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Mark V - if you are unhappy with your purchase, we will be more than happy to discuss this with you in the morning. Call us on the normal Scoobyworld number 01509 853 502. We are reasonable people, you should not assume otherwise.

Regards

Neil
Scoobyworld

Last edited by NeilT; 31 July 2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 31 July 2005, 10:10 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Why complain on a public forum before even contacting the supplier?
Old 31 July 2005, 10:24 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

because he is a stupid N00b
Old 31 July 2005, 10:34 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I had SilverFusion bulbs in my 03 WRX indicators, but have just changed them for LED's as I have had a few near misses where the person following hasn't seen me indicate on bright days. The LED's are much better
Old 31 July 2005, 11:42 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
because he is a stupid N00b
Indeed - I'm amazed you would slag a supplier off like that without contacting them first. You can really hurt someone's business like that for possibly no reason - a simple phone call could have sorted it all out.

Fair enough if you tried and got no joy then name & shame - but that really is a last resort.
Old 01 August 2005, 12:20 AM
MarkV
Scooby Regular

Default Apologies all round

Originally Posted by BedHog
Indeed - I'm amazed you would slag a supplier off like that without contacting them first. You can really hurt someone's business like that for possibly no reason - a simple phone call could have sorted it all out.

Fair enough if you tried and got no joy then name & shame - but that really is a last resort.
Sorry guys guess I got it wrong - jumped the gun - should have given S`world the benefit of the doubt - I have cancer and am on 9 different types of medication at the moment- screwing with my head somewhat to say the least - purchased Sccoby as something to cling on to and beat this curse on me - I am not a noob - I`m fightiing for my life here -not asking for sympathy just trying to explain.

Mark
Old 01 August 2005, 12:23 AM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MarkV
Sorry guys guess I got it wrong - jumped the gun - should have given S`world the benefit of the doubt - I have cancer and am on 9 different types of medication at the moment- screwing with my head somewhat to say the least - purchased Sccoby as something to cling on to and beat this curse on me - I am not a noob - I`m fightiing for my life here -not asking for sympathy just trying to explain.

Mark
Guy made a mistake, come on Scoobynetters give the guy a break.
Old 01 August 2005, 01:08 AM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

never believe much i read as regards to complaints on any forums as for a start you never hear both sides of the story-that aside ive dealt with scoobyworld quite a bit and so have about 5 of me mates and we`ve never had any problems.gotta say tho if you were expecting the same brightness from a mirror finish as opposed to a coloured bulb your asking a lot.
Old 01 August 2005, 05:22 AM
MarkV
Scooby Regular

Default humble pie

Originally Posted by ukdave
never believe much i read as regards to complaints on any forums as for a start you never hear both sides of the story-that aside ive dealt with scoobyworld quite a bit and so have about 5 of me mates and we`ve never had any problems.gotta say tho if you were expecting the same brightness from a mirror finish as opposed to a coloured bulb your asking a lot.
fair comment - gonna ring and apologise to scoobyworld today - lesson learnt - not feeling proud will not fire from the hip again - it was not £14.99 that upset me I felt a lttle better yesterday and was dissapointed with my results - should not have shot the messenger - next time i`ll ask the scoobynetters advice first! thought I could not go wrong with a couple of bulbs!

Mark
Old 01 August 2005, 08:19 AM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Fair play for admitting you might have been in the wrong, hope you fight off your illness.

Allan
Old 01 August 2005, 08:23 AM
Listy
Scooby Regular

Geez didn't see that one coming........
Old 01 August 2005, 08:25 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Listy
Geez didn't see that one coming........