Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Induction, ARB - warranties & insurance.

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2005, 08:14 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction, ARB - warranties & insurance.

Thinking of having a couple of slight modifications to the Scoobs. Whiteline adjustable Anti Roll Bar with drop links and also an Induction kit.

Question is will this invalidate my warranty and what would be the insurance implications. I've got an Sti so already have a roll bar so that would be a straight(ish) replacement?

I spoke to my insurance co. (Subaru Insured) and they said to give the details of the cost of both mods and any bhp improvement from an induction kit (which i guess is pretty much zilch?) and they'd check with the Underwriters to see if there'd be any additional cost.

I'm not so worried re insurance as I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad, but certainly don't want to lose warranty (10 months left). Opinions welcome.
Old 30 July 2005, 03:27 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Simon, Don't waste any money on the I/K The standard Scoob airbox is very good, and will cope well with anything up to and over 350bhp. If you want a little more induction noise, and some DV noise as an added extra, along with the possibility of a (very) slight performance increase (due to free-er flowing, cooler air), then why not do the free airbox mod. Takes about 1/2 hour with a 10mm socket and the OS/F wheel off. Along with a replacement element (JR Racing/K&N/Green - IRO 45 quid) it is the most cost effective mod ever, being as it's free. I've done a couple of these for people recently with no complaints. Technically speaking, as you haven't added any performance enhancing bits you don't have to tell the insurance

Pop 'round, I'll take you for a blast in mine. I did white scooby's (Simon) last week and he likes it

Last edited by corradoboy; 30 July 2005 at 04:21 AM.