Dilema- What to do

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2005, 09:57 AM
Chris_O
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dilema- What to do

Hi All,

OK, i have a 2 1/2 year old WRX. I was wanting to buy an STI at the time i bought the WRX but couldn;t get any reasonable insurance quotes. I'm now noticing that the quotes from some insurers are getting more reasonable and i am in a dilema.
Basically, i can;t decide whether to
A) fit a PPP to my current car
b) trade it in a get an STI of a similar age
or c) Spend the money on other mods to improve the handling etc etc which will not interfere with my insurance too much.

I'm not sure what the best option is to be honest. I'd like a PPP, but i also prefer the general look etc of the STI.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris
Old 22 July 2005, 12:29 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

b) Deffo get an STi

a) Then fit a PPP to that (if it ain't already got it)

c) Use the money for suspension mods on the STi
Old 22 July 2005, 12:48 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Chris,

I'm in the same situation as yourself right now. I've always kind of aired on the side of what will get me least in debt

However I was chatting with the missus last night and she basically just said "For god's sake will you PLEASE just go and buy an STi" and stop worrying about the money

So I'm going to have a look at one this weekend

Andy
Old 22 July 2005, 01:46 PM
Chris_O
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4molie
Chris,

I'm in the same situation as yourself right now. I've always kind of aired on the side of what will get me least in debt

However I was chatting with the missus last night and she basically just said "For god's sake will you PLEASE just go and buy an STi" and stop worrying about the money

So I'm going to have a look at one this weekend

Andy
Well, my missus is not against me getting an STi but is definitely not of the opinion that i should be taking loans etc for it. This means that she expects me to save, which kinda makes me wonder if she does actually know me that well

Being serious for a second. Do we all reckon that an STi as a base car is the way to go. I love my WRX, but everytime i come back to it in a carpark and there's an STi next to it, or one appears in my rear view mirror i think, "ah, bollocks, i should've bought one of those"
Old 22 July 2005, 01:54 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I feel exactly the same My WRX now has an STi wing (which I virtually didn't pay for thanks Al ) and STi alloys (paid for by selling a few sets at a profit ) and a few mods which along with some ability allow me to hold my own on the road against STi's, but they just look so damned agressive compared to a WRX. As a base for modding they obviously are a much better proposition, as so many of the WRX components are at full stretch on a PPP'd WRX making even slight mods more troublesome (ie, decat and remap will require a new fuel pump and possibly bigger injectors to do it right).

If the money's there, get an STi
Old 22 July 2005, 02:30 PM
Chris_O
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I feel exactly the same My WRX now has an STi wing (which I virtually didn't pay for thanks Al ) and STi alloys (paid for by selling a few sets at a profit ) and a few mods which along with some ability allow me to hold my own on the road against STi's, but they just look so damned agressive compared to a WRX. As a base for modding they obviously are a much better proposition, as so many of the WRX components are at full stretch on a PPP'd WRX making even slight mods more troublesome (ie, decat and remap will require a new fuel pump and possibly bigger injectors to do it right).

If the money's there, get an STi
Well, my WRX is in for it;s 40,000 mile service next wednesday, so i might have a wee word with the nice people at AF Noble and see what they can do for me. I also have an STi style wing and my side skirts are painted WR Blue, but it still doesn't look as good.

I found a photo the other day of the car before it had the wing and the paint matching and it looked a right sorry thing.