Sponsored by:

Help...Best way to get my scoob fixed

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2005, 10:14 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Help...Best way to get my scoob fixed

OK here is the story...(are you sitting comfortably)
Got hit twice in a matter of weeks apart around november last year.Once by a cyclist coming down a one way street the wrong way (his fault) and the second time by someone reversing into my offside wing whilst parked up (and yes no note left or witnesses). The cyclist damage claim is taking ages, as these things do and he has no insurance so i have a choice as to wether to get the work done and then try and get the money off him later or wait.But to be honest the car is looking sad with dents so i want to get it done now.
So the end result i have a nice collection of dents which all need fixing which will end up in no particular order: Bonnet (dent and deep scatch), scrapes all over front splitter and bumper, dent and scrape on nearside front panel and the large dent in the offside front panel.

Now to the help required.

1. Can i hope to get all the work done as a single job (doubtful as it would be hard to claim it as one) so i am looking at £700 in excess ..ouch.so the real question is should i try and get all the work done in one go?

2.I ideally want to take this opportunity (not really out of choice more like making something good out of a crap situation) to get my pitted bumper and bonnet replaced so do i have a chance to get this done and remember i am going to be out of pocket some serious wedge anyway

3. I want to add a new splitter at this time so could i expect to give this to the repairers and cheekily ask them to fit it in the job.

4.lastly who is the best people to ask to do all these jobs in the south east around bucks area as a)they may be required to have a visit by my insurance inspector b)i may be cheeky and get them to ask for extra work folded in so need someone who is flexible and most important know scoobies.

I know this is aa fairly long list and i thank you for reading through all the waffle, but i want to get something sorted over the next 2 weeks and really need your advice..

any help welcomed

Old 20 July 2005, 11:35 PM
Dead sti3
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garages down that end of the country take the **** ( higher cost of living ) if you know any one up the N/East its time to pay them a visit! Im sure you could get it repaired for a lot less.
Ive Just had my front and rear bumpers resprayed,large dent pulled from door, rear spoiler & foglight covers painted & fitted + Dents removed from wing and bonnet for £680.00 or if you need help Email Me and send me photo of your damage & i will get you some good estamates (might be worth the petrol)
Old 21 July 2005, 12:38 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You might try www.littleknocks.co.uk .....

Simon
Old 21 July 2005, 12:41 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Im surprised that no one has pointed out, that finding a car body refinisher is rather like making love to a beautiful woman..... (expect to get f*cked.....)

Simon
Old 21 July 2005, 07:56 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Talking

thx so far or the replies keep em coming..

I am from the N/E originally so know exactly what you mean about the cost of living, but going out in Newcastle is just as bloody expensive.if i came up to get the car done, the blooming mad relatives would want to see me

Am checking out little knocks today and will take some pictures.The southern lot will know what i am talking about anyway.

lol on the swisstoni comment...you
Old 21 July 2005, 08:40 AM
HomerJunior
Scooby Regular

I have good things about ANG in Park Royal. They often do celebs cars but at £50 an hour might be worth a call. I had my exhaust done there and he charged £250 and did the uppipe, downpipe and all the rest as well as a little maintenance work.

I was very impressed!

Ask for Angie (he is the resident Scoob speciailist) on 020 8963 0333. I need to give him a call to get my bumpers done as some monkey has driven into the back of my car.

Anyway good luck. Hope you get it sorted!

Originally Posted by SwissTony
thx so far or the replies keep em coming..

I am from the N/E originally so know exactly what you mean about the cost of living, but going out in Newcastle is just as bloody expensive.if i came up to get the car done, the blooming mad relatives would want to see me

Am checking out little knocks today and will take some pictures.The southern lot will know what i am talking about anyway.

lol on the swisstoni comment...you
Old 21 July 2005, 11:19 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You haven't really been that lucky with that car have you

I know quite a good bodyshop in Wooburn green that is very flexible. I had a car fixed there after an insurance claim and they did loads of extra work on it for me I had it all delocked and colour coded etc.

Trending Topics

Old 21 July 2005, 11:13 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Question

Update
Thx once again for all the replies...thought the sn lot would have been more forthcoming but i suppose be grateful for any advice

Paul
yes i know that the car seems to have had a bad run of late, but TBH, it has been running sweet for ages and just now and then i get these minor disasters , its just that you always pick up on my unfortunate threads oh and yes you were there for my first bit of trouble so you have first hand experience. (so to say !!)

Splitter is on its way, so i need to sort out something soon, so any more help much appreciated and Rob (BF) can you tell me the number for your guys in Gerrads Cross..new phone so lost the number you gave me.