Sponsored by:

subaru gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2005, 07:58 PM
waprilp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool subaru gearbox

does anyone out there know if the 6 speed gearbox will fit a classic shape wrx import please can someone help as i cant find any info about this anywhere
Old 19 July 2005, 08:11 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Yes it will m8, but you have to match the diff ratio's. Do a search in technical.
Old 20 July 2005, 03:19 PM
waprilp
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Yes it will m8, but you have to match the diff ratio's. Do a search in technical.
what subaru impreza would i be able to get one out of?would i have to use the diff that i get the gearbox from
Old 20 July 2005, 04:17 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Having done it, easy answer is yes, but most people seem to supply gearboxes without the diff. If you get a JDM STi 6 speed you will need a 3.9 rear diff, which are as rare as rocking horse poo, they fitted them to "Sports" in this country, otherwise if you get a UK 6 speed you will need a 3.54 which are relatively easy to get hold of (fitted to most UK classic cars). If you do get a 3.9 diff you will probably need to swap your LSD mechanism over as Sports didn't have one.

I do know of a complete kit (6 speed JDM STi box, propshaft (these are shorter than 5 speed ones), rear diff, gear linkage and Momo ****) that may be for sale.
Old 20 July 2005, 05:31 PM
waprilp
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Stuart Knight
Having done it, easy answer is yes, but most people seem to supply gearboxes without the diff. If you get a JDM STi 6 speed you will need a 3.9 rear diff, which are as rare as rocking horse poo, they fitted them to "Sports" in this country, otherwise if you get a UK 6 speed you will need a 3.54 which are relatively easy to get hold of (fitted to most UK classic cars). If you do get a 3.9 diff you will probably need to swap your LSD mechanism over as Sports didn't have one.

I do know of a complete kit (6 speed JDM STi box, propshaft (these are shorter than 5 speed ones), rear diff, gear linkage and Momo ****) that may be for sale.
so if i find a subaru impreza sti 6 speed gearbox and diff from the same car will it go straight in with no moderfiing