Sponsored by:

Good deal or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2005, 04:06 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Good deal or not?

Had MY00 UK Impreza 2000 awd Turbo in DMB for nearly 2 years now... I payed 9.5K for it back then, since then, all I've done is bloody clean the thing up to near mint condition, set of 18's, uprated discs and pads on the front, and coilovers(which may be coming off before it gets sold?)... thats about it,Oh, private plate ( S555 OOB ) , the previous owner put the full Magex system on it with the de-cat, K&N induction kit, and the clear indicators/ side repeaters...It's got 51k on the clock... Service history etc??? Been offered 8.5K against a part-ex... MY98 STi type R in black... Which I can get for 10.5K... It was my mates car a few months back but has turned up at a local dealer to me... good thing is I know the history of the car, and know its had well over 10K put into the engine... its spot on with nearly 380bhp, anti-lag etc... awesome to drive?
Do you think its a good deal, I don't think 8.5K is a bad price for part-ex, and although I'd like more, could wait for ages and not sell??? What do people think???
Old 11 July 2005, 04:09 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only lose a grand in 2 years? Bite his arm off
Old 11 July 2005, 04:14 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

This time of year 8.5K is pretty good - what you need to remember is that the money you have spent on mods to the car doesnt add ANY value as far as the dealer is concenered ( in the same way your mates car has had 10K spent on the engine, but isnt up for sale for £20K ! ) they'll still value it as a standard car, but just know it may be easier to sell on.

You've only lost £500 a year in depreciation on yours, which is very good, so rip the dealers arm off and stuff 2 grand in the bloody hole before he changes his mind
Old 11 July 2005, 04:17 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Thats what I thought, I'm only 23 and still at home...Doh!!! The engine work was only done late last year... I'm really losing f**k all, I know it's slightly older and alittle over priced... but with the engine work still under warrenty etc, and the fact that its only 2 doors, IMHO it's stupid not too... it's gotta be a good investment, ain't it???
Old 11 July 2005, 04:31 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Scoobyslammed
Thats what I thought, I'm only 23 and still at home...Doh!!! The engine work was only done late last year... I'm really losing f**k all, I know it's slightly older and alittle over priced... but with the engine work still under warrenty etc, and the fact that its only 2 doors, IMHO it's stupid not too... it's gotta be a good investment, ain't it???
Not really an investment mate, as you'll not gain any moeny on it! The important thing here is you've done well as regards to depreciation and it sounds like a good deal and a safe purchase for you. Check out the nature of the warranty and make sure you like the way it drives etc. though!

NS04