Sponsored by:

HELP NEEDED TO GET WRX THROUGH MOT

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2005, 10:08 AM
mwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP NEEDED TO GET WRX THROUGH MOT

Does anyone know anyone or have a full wrx 95 standard exhaust system for estate/saloon that i can buy/borrow to get my scooby back on the road.HAVE WOD OF MONEY WAITING, tried ebay and loads of salvage places but to no avail.
many thanks
my number is 01427679390
lee
Old 11 July 2005, 11:05 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The 'Wagon and Saloon exhausts are different. The Saloon has a second cat. in the centre section; on a 'Wagon thats only a resonator. You car will pass with the downpipe cat. alone, just see that its properly warmed up before the emissions test. Of course, if your car isnt listed as a WRX on the V5 then it will revert to older emissions requirements for pre-cat. vehicles and you neednt worry...

Simon
Old 11 July 2005, 12:31 PM
mwrx
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that simon, it is listed as a wrx on the v5, so what your saying is, if i get the downpipe and cat and then fit it to my s/s system it should pass?
Originally Posted by GC8
The 'Wagon and Saloon exhausts are different. The Saloon has a second cat. in the centre section; on a 'Wagon thats only a resonator. You car will pass with the downpipe cat. alone, just see that its properly warmed up before the emissions test. Of course, if your car isnt listed as a WRX on the V5 then it will revert to older emissions requirements for pre-cat. vehicles and you neednt worry...

Simon
Old 11 July 2005, 01:21 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

My 'Wagon will pass with the standard single cat in the downpipe so Im sure it will.

Simon
Old 11 July 2005, 02:50 PM
mwrx
Scooby Regular

WHY HAS THE SALOON GOT 2 CATS WHEN ITS THE SAME ENGINE? IS THE DOWNPIPE CAT DIFFERENT ON THE SALOON, I MEAN I DONT WANT TO GET A SALOON DOWNPIPE AND CAT AND THEN FIND OUT ITS NOT REDUCING EMISSIONS ENOUGH FOR THE MOT, THERE MUST BE SOME REASON THE SALOON HAS 2 CATS.
Originally Posted by GC8
My 'Wagon will pass with the standard single cat in the downpipe so Im sure it will.

Simon
Old 11 July 2005, 03:04 PM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem when i had my Type Ra
i did try to get it through MOT with just the one cat in the horizontal pipe but it still failed, i then had to refit the standard down pipe to get it through.
Personaly, im still not entirely sure if the 'cat' in the system pipe is a cat and instead just a resonator.
Having said that though,i did hear a yarn backalong that suburu had to fit 2 cats to get the emissions at an exceptable level.