Sponsored by:

pulsar gti-r vs wrx impreza

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2005, 07:46 PM
neil5536
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink pulsar gti-r vs wrx impreza

hi ive got a 93 wrx jap import impreza mods are scooby sport middle and back box de-cat pipe,hks induction kit, and a re-map, boost is at 1.1 bar in fith gear my mate has just got a nissan pulsar gti-r he say it around 300 bhp and he says it will beat my impreza easy do you think its true to say his pulsar is faster,also how much bhp do you think my impreza would be runing
Old 06 July 2005, 07:47 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

More tea vicar?
Old 06 July 2005, 08:06 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Here's some full stops for you:

.........?

(and a question mark thrown in)

In answer to your question (well, one of them) why don't you have a drive with your mate, find out and post back here? Or is that too obvious?
Old 06 July 2005, 08:16 PM
neil5536
Scooby Regular

Talking

have been in the pulsar and it does feel quicker than the impreza might sell my impreza and buy one
Originally Posted by ru'
Here's some full stops for you:

.........?

(and a question mark thrown in)

In answer to your question (well, one of them) why don't you have a drive with your mate, find out and post back here? Or is that too obvious?
Old 06 July 2005, 09:44 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

for christ sake dont do that!!!

i owned one for 3 years and had a fairly high spec on mine. The maintenence is a joke.... try and change the gasket between the turbo and manifold... nightmare... not to mention the pissin clutch.. that has to be the worst job

Granted the pulsar is quick in 1st 2nd and a small amount of 3rd but then it has a pretty close ratio box, thats prob why you feel it faster.

my scoob as it is now is just as quick (dawes fitted this morning)

seriously mate the scoob is a far better car. you will regret it if you change

Will
Old 06 July 2005, 10:17 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by willfal
for christ sake dont do that!!!

i owned one for 3 years and had a fairly high spec on mine. The maintenence is a joke.... try and change the gasket between the turbo and manifold... nightmare... not to mention the pissin clutch.. that has to be the worst job

Granted the pulsar is quick in 1st 2nd and a small amount of 3rd but then it has a pretty close ratio box, thats prob why you feel it faster.

my scoob as it is now is just as quick (dawes fitted this morning)

seriously mate the scoob is a far better car. you will regret it if you change

Will
aaaannnndd remember the pulsar felt quicker too cos u in the passenger seat, always feels quicker when your not behind the wheel!
id stick with the scoob man, for defo!
Old 06 July 2005, 11:54 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

right mate ive got a uk turbo my/00 mates got a pulsar was runnin at 300bhp at the time (its 370 now tho) off the deck i could beat him to the top of 2nd gear at which point he`d pass me, my cars got full decat and induction kit tho not remapped yet so guessing somewhere around 240-250 bhp(pulsars do feel quicker when your in em) ud be suprised me mates felt quick but you will probably find your wrx is just as quick its very deceiving bein passenger. (oh by the way his j plate now stands him at 23k trust me dont buy one unless loaded and very patient think his engines been out more times than hes changed the oil-he`s now got a clock card at the rollin road where its tuned lol)

Trending Topics

Old 07 July 2005, 03:15 AM
zakk
Scooby Regular

I drove a tuned 300bhp pulsar (at the time I owned a toyota starlet turbo), Although it was quick, it wasnt a fast as I thought it would be and IMO, in comparison to my 97 wagon, it feels like its in the same league.....except mines is a UK SPEC car and generally more reliable. That said, I think yours is faster and if not, then not that slower either, with minimum modifications you should beat him. Remember the impreza turbo isn't THE cult car of the nineties without good reason. Oh and I 'd think you'd be around the 270ish + bhp mark, now dont let the side down and go and kick some ***!!

Last edited by zakk; 07 July 2005 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07 July 2005, 08:58 AM
RobBooth
Scooby Regular

Default Gooiiinnn back

I've got a pulsar at the moment which replaced my WRX back in April......
It's got a few mods and is pushing around 260bhp.
In my opinion it doesn't compare to the scoob which is why my new one is landing from Japan next week.

Handling is very good (though mine does have after market, stiffer suspension) and it pulls really well through 1st and 2nd gears but it doesn't feel as good as the scoob at the top-end. I certainly feel safer in a WRX once I go over a *cough* ton.

The cabin is obviously a lot smaller and doesn't seem as well made with the quality of some of the finishing feeling cheap.

Funnily enough I found scoobs better on fuel too. The Pulsar returns 80-90 miles on £20s worth of optimax with the scoob giving about 20 more with the same style of driving.

Just my opinion......
Old 07 July 2005, 12:29 PM
WRX-MUSHY
Scooby Regular

race him and find out but some where safe
Old 07 July 2005, 01:37 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Wink

I've got a great idea - instead of racing each other to death on the roads why note tie a rope between the two car and then get them to pull in opposite directions. This would surely resolve the 'my cars better than your car' issue once and for all - without collateral damage.....my vote is on the Pulsar winning...
Old 07 July 2005, 02:40 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

My mates got an F16 Jet and i've got a nissan micro with a scoobynet sticker, what do you think will win?
Old 07 July 2005, 04:04 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

What colour is the micra?
Old 07 July 2005, 04:18 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

My Pulsar felt faster than my UK turbo. Both about the same BHP too.

I loved my Pulsar even though it was as fragile as my girlfriends emotions and I would have another one for something to play with.

Horrendous job on it was to change the fuel lines leading into the tank. Theres rubber hoses connected to metal pipes but the jubilee clips are in such a tight spot its a royal PITA to replace.

Also, I gave my car to a local garage to replace the clutch and it took them a fortnight and was never right after all.
Old 07 July 2005, 04:21 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ru'
What colour is the micra?
it's got to be silver, they are the fastest
Old 07 July 2005, 06:13 PM
Juliano
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil5536
hi ive got a 93 wrx jap import impreza mods are scooby sport middle and back box de-cat pipe,hks induction kit, and a re-map, boost is at 1.1 bar in fith gear my mate has just got a nissan pulsar gti-r he say it around 300 bhp and he says it will beat my impreza easy do you think its true to say his pulsar is faster,also how much bhp do you think my impreza would be runing

I know a few pulsar guys and beleive they are quick cars,not to be underestimated!
1.0bar and over will give you a nice grin on your face
Old 07 July 2005, 07:18 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

is`nt a nissan pulsar a 17 year olds car
Old 07 July 2005, 07:28 PM
lukeyboy
Scooby Regular

ive got a jap scoob,1994 with full decat,scooby ecu chip and induction kit.My mates got a poosar with hks piston, fmi, and uprated cams.Supposed to be 300 bhp,i was stuck to his **** like glue.
Old 07 July 2005, 07:35 PM
rb5ban91r
Scooby Regular

read up. some said don't get one if you not loaded. dont get me wrong i'm all for fast cars but surely said car has to be reliable?.

no point in spending half its life garaged or being tuned to the nuts is it now.
Old 07 July 2005, 07:54 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

All a bit relative really though ? depends on the driver, the road etc... a crap driver in a fast car may not beat a good driver in a 'slower' one.

Only real way is do like on Top Gear - get the same person to drive both around a track and see which does the quickest lap time.

Comes down to the handling, cornering speed, drive out of the corner, top speed on the straight etc...
Old 07 July 2005, 08:08 PM
JCScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil5536
have been in the pulsar and it does feel quicker than the impreza might sell my impreza and buy one
.........and spend a fortune replacing drive shafts, gearbox's, wheel bearings..................
Old 07 July 2005, 08:24 PM
SimonGawthorpe
Scooby Regular

All the above is good advice. Ive got a UK MY2000 and my mates Pulsar is quicker, but it did have lots of HKS bits etc. Estimated at 350 bhp.

He has sold it now and is trying to pay off the thousands of pounds he owes to AP for the new clutch he had to fit each month!!

Si
Old 30 December 2007, 07:43 PM
jockc79
Scooby Regular

good
Old 02 January 2008, 05:13 PM
adam knight
Scooby Regular

yeah totally agree bought a mint pulsar a year or so back after a week of owning it i bloody hated it sold it a few weeks after.
in standard form pulsars are death traps the breaks are shocking, ride quality is ****e, gear boxes are ****e, interior ****e, but on the other hand, if you buy one with the rite mods big brakes, good suspension and the rite tuning mods then it changes compleatly very capable car with the rite mods, still wouldnt buy 1 again though
Old 02 January 2008, 05:34 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Nissan pulled the plug after 2 unsuccessful years in the WRC because of its reliability...
Old 02 January 2008, 05:43 PM
uk95scooby
Scooby Regular

Pulsar GTi R vs WRX ....... Ive been on here for years now and this question allways gets asked !!! lol

Ask yourself why you bought a scooby in the first place........trust me dont sell it now youve got one ....

If your friends got one then heres a little test for you ........

Count how many times you have to pick your mate up because the Pulsar is in the garage and see how much he spends on it keeping it running....

if you still want one after 2 months ...buy one !! but make sure youve got a mate with a scooby who can pick you up from the garage every week !! lol
Old 02 January 2008, 05:54 PM
adam knight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by uk95scooby
Pulsar GTi R vs WRX ....... Ive been on here for years now and this question allways gets asked !!! lol

Ask yourself why you bought a scooby in the first place........trust me dont sell it now youve got one ....

If your friends got one then heres a little test for you ........

Count how many times you have to pick your mate up because the Pulsar is in the garage and see how much he spends on it keeping it running....

if you still want one after 2 months ...buy one !! but make sure youve got a mate with a scooby who can pick you up from the garage every week !! lol
couldnt be more ture, my mates got pulsar its currently off the road untill better weather, so he sais but i know the real reason is he cant afford to break it again lol
Old 02 January 2008, 05:55 PM
gartracnick
Scooby Regular

i have had 2 pulsars and 2 scoobs lol. my first pulsar was running about 340bhp with forged engine etc. it was a quick car there is no doubt about it. i didnt actually have any probs with mine apart from the turbo bolts worked themselves loose, and then the constant worry about the gearbox blowing up everytime u launched it lol. i then sold it and got another 1 running 400hp, motec managment, hispec 6 pots, forged engine, quaife gearbox, coilovers, etc etc, and that was a beast. never let me down altho only had it 6 months. engine and the rest of the car was ready for 550bhp on the gt3076r turbo kit i got for it, but then saw the chance in breaking it and having loads of money so did that lol. i have had a 280bhp turbo 2000 and both pulsars would destroy that. i now have std v2 sti ra and i reckon that is close to the 340bhp pulsar due to the shorter gears, altho i could hit 160mph in the pulsar and only 130 in the ra lol. i think once my ra has around 380bhp it would beat em both, but then again the ra gearbox aint exactly strong is it so we r gettin into the same probs.
i really like the pulsar it is def a more raw experience than the scoobs, but at the end of the day its a nissan sunny thats 16years old. but all im saying is dont underestimate em cos they r quick. my mate running 320bhp managed a 3.8sec 0-60 time.
i just really wished i had bolted the 3076r turbo on anr un 550bhp. now that would have been quick lol. anyway sorry about going on, just thought i would give my opinion. cheers
Old 02 January 2008, 08:44 PM
beany
Scooby Regular

I like scoobs and gtirs both are very diffrent cars , considering the pulsars are about 16years old they are quick my boyfriends is 300 bhp and it runs very smoothly for a car made back in the 1990s, it beats my 1994 wrx, they are quick and not to be unestimated in my opinion but every1 has diffrent opinions